**Settings and MOD suggestions** (S+ SETTINGS)

Dev/Null

Regular
im all for the platforms plus, dino patrol, and builders companion mods (as already mentioned it would be useful when team building). would also like to suggest... utilities plus. it makes parachutes, bolas, flare guns, and grapple hooks and a few other utilities reusable as they should be, imho.

edit: dynamic fences would also be useful

Chemayla

Regular
Revenant Member
Supporter
Suggestion: one of my fave dino painting mods is finally updated ----> https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=902616446 Dino Colorizer Its a paint gun you use and it paints the dinos color regions. (It is just paint not color changing but it paints the whole dino zones, so if you want an all pink wyvren you can paint it that way, not having to scribble over it. Works similar to coloring saddles)

Sketchazoid

Suggestion/Question: Let me preface this by saying I haven't read this entire forum here. So If I ask or talk about something that has already been addressed I apologize. Anyways, I am a solo player on Ragnarok, and I FINALLY just built the Grinder. 3200 ingots for one dude is a nice chunk of change. Anyways, I was all excited to XP grind but then I realized that a few of the recipes say disabled. In particular the Fiber recipe. I was breaking down Wood into Thatch, Thatch in Fiber. Yet I couldn't do the latter. Some people in game chat were saying it's because A) you can already obtain that resource else where B) that it would make things too easy C) that it's not apart of the official grinder. Now I don't know if these are official answers, or just them spit balling, but that would bring up some logical errors if this is the case. I understand that the server is doing it's best to replicate a near vanilla experience with minor conveniences, but I am pretty sure Official servers don't have a farmer/gardener or item sorter either. Anyways, I admit without hesitation that I don't know the logic or reasoning behind the decisions that are made regarding some of these settings so, there is more than likely some method to your guys madness. lol

Last edited:

DudeAwesome

Server Admin
Staff member
ARK Admin
Supporter
Suggestion/Question: Let me preface this by saying I haven't read this entire forum here. So If I ask or talk about something that has already been addressed I apologize. Anyways, I am a solo player on Ragnarok, and I FINALLY just built the Grinder. 3200 ingots for one dude is a nice chunk of change. Anyways, I was all excited to XP grind but then I realized that a few of the recipes say disabled. In particular the Fiber recipe. I was breaking down Wood into Thatch, Thatch in Fiber. Yet I couldn't do the latter. Some people in game chat were saying it's because A) you can already obtain that resource else where B) that it would make things too easy C) that it's not apart of the official grinder. Now I don't know if these are official answers, or just them spit balling, but that would bring up some logical errors if this is the case. I understand that the server is doing it's best to replicate a near vanilla experience with minor conveniences, but I am pretty sure Official servers don't have a farmer/gardener or item sorter either. Anyways, I admit without hesitation that I don't know the logic or reasoning behind the decisions that are made regarding some of these settings so, there is more than likely some method to your guys madness. lol
Interesting, I honestly didn't even know that the S+ grinder had the ability to create fiber. My thinking is that it was disabled originally since it wasn't in the vanilla game and since fiber is such an ubiquitous resource, nobody really seemed to care whether it was enabled or disabled.

I don't see why it's insertion into the servers could not be seriously considered.

Sipowicz

Server Admin
Staff member
ARK Admin
SE Admin
Our servers aren't for everyone. We like to maintain a certain level of difficulty to the overall experience of the game. Not to "Waste anyone's time", after all we are playing a "Game". But to keep some sort of semblance of immersion.

The more changes we make, the less ARK this game is.

Even if a disabled feature doesn't seem such a big deal, its about the way the can add up to make this game something it was not intended to be.

Any features we have added that break that ideal are features that were asked for, and supported by the majority of our community.

If other players agree, we can make changes.

Maka

Regular
Revenant Member
Bring back the hatchery ? :)). Cant leave an egg overnight with 2 X ( example giga ) so peeps have to drop eggs down multipel times. The hatchery does the easy part to 1%. Prepping the eggs aint the hard thing, raising them is. Could always restrict howmany slots 1 hatchery can have ?

DudeAwesome

Server Admin
Staff member
ARK Admin
Supporter
With that said i would andso like to see people s opinion on the S+ Hatchery.
Ehhh...
It's one of those things that I don't know how to feel about it.
Similar to the demo gun, I know it would make life lots easier, but will we draw a line?

I'd like to see the general consensus as well.

SQUID

Regular
S+ hatchery would be too much for me i think. I sorta like when Phil yells at me when i screw up on breeding, and i nice kick in the bum when i lose a giga/other nice mutated dino, helps me stay "into" the game. I know that on my personal game play, TOO much help makes me lazy and then burn out.

Awkward to say as we're talking about easy mode element, but i feel thats a different type of easy? I hope that makes sense lol

Also, Dude, when extinction comes out, I say we could full revisit the ele transfer and if it needed to be removed, well, maybe we could do "grind week" to let people stock up and then remove it, IF it really would ruin the extinction map!

Phillip

Staff
Staff member
ARK Admin
Supporter
with that said i would andso like to see people s opinion on the S+ Hatchery.
what's the hatchery do?

BUT indeed glad we're all fairly on the same page.

Should we do another post/poll on this specific mod to see where the entire community really sits??
I'd be down to post up a poll/thread and consolidate a pros/cons on all aspects of the mod into a vote post. I can't imagine tribes/players being opposed to it, but I really enjoy the communication with this cluster and all players/staff, so people should be able to voice opposition/approval to it.

For our last mod batch additions I know Sip made a vote thread, but not sure what's required to move ahead with a suggestion

Maka

Regular
Revenant Member
what's the hatchery do?

I'd be down to post up a poll/thread and consolidate a pros/cons on all aspects of the mod into a vote post. I can't imagine tribes/players being opposed to it, but I really enjoy the communication with this cluster and all players/staff, so people should be able to voice opposition/approval to it.

For our last mod batch additions I know Sip made a vote thread, but not sure what's required to move ahead with a suggestion
The S+ Hatchery can be designed to piockup eggs (not what i suggets) but incubating them till 1% without you having to put a giga egg down and then you have to worry about it, then when you want to hatch it, its there with 1% incubating left. Nice lifehack for those who are in need of time and same agian, its not a gamechanger in any way

Phillip

Staff
Staff member
ARK Admin
Supporter
The S+ Hatchery can be designed to piockup eggs (not what i suggets) but incubating them till 1% without you having to put a giga egg down and then you have to worry about it, then when you want to hatch it, its there with 1% incubating left. Nice lifehack for those who are in need of time and same agian, its not a gamechanger in any way
If it doesn't pick up the eggs for you, I could see the use without it being SUPER op... But it does omit a lot of the steps in incubating eggs.

BUT CAN YOU STORE MAMMALS IN IT AT 1%?? lol

Maka

Regular
Revenant Member
If it doesn't pick up the eggs for you, I could see the use without it being SUPER op... But it does omit a lot of the steps in incubating eggs.

BUT CAN YOU STORE MAMMALS IN IT AT 1%?? lol
Only eggs.

JamesBond.wg

Regular
Revenant Member
Supporter
There has been some interest in floating dmg #'s from players so they can monitor the increase of dmg from their dinos when fighting wilds and leveling.

Juni

Um, I hope it isn't much, but I wanted to suggest a stacking mod for all of our severs in the cluster. It is a good stacking mod and would make things a heck of a lot easier, at least when it comes to stacking things that otherwise spoil very fast, ex: Prime Meat, Mutton, Prime Fish and the item used to feed Magmasaurs (can't remember it's name). The mod is called,

HG Stacking Mod 5000-90 V312

By: Hulk💚