Hello fellow engineers. After much deliberation with veteran players and servicing the admin side, I'd like to propose that we create a fresh instance of Revenant SE for the community and want to have your input. Here are some of the factors involved for your consideration:
- The server has over two years served us well, but requires constant vigilance with regard to how many structures are actually in play and whether or not the owner is around anymore.
- There are some loopholes in the cleanup process that can keep structures around indefinitely.
- At least two planets were added via administrative paste... which means they don't have the benefit of proper NPC bases/structures for players to interact with.
- After the Keen ID update a couple of releases ago, some of our Torch plugins are not working correctly, this includes our consensual PVP bounty system.
- Similar to above, Keen releases has artificially bloated the mod count on the server and some of our mods are incorrectly displaying errors to players, despite being up to date.
- Keen themselves had to wipe all their servers to fix many of these problems.
- The hangar system can store your grids in files and then be used to restore on a new instance.