Convince me to buy DayZ, with cunning arguments.

N

NinjaGirl

I know! I have really been bit by the DayZ bug and when I get back from my work trip, on a non-raid night I will have to jump on. I can't even remember where I left off or what I had.
You know we've got u dude jus get in here!!! :) :)

Davkas

Regular
Okay my first impressions:
Spawn, look around, work out basic controls, hear zombies, run away, MadMax tells me to find sign post, wander around, find signpost, in Chernogorsk, MadMax incoming eta ages, download map app, wander around, rummage to gather small amount of supplies, find backpack, much win, rains, get soaked, wander around, fire station, find sledgehammer, find zombie, run away, plead with MadMax (MM from now on) to move faster, run towards MM location, notice another zombie following me, running, more running, MM descends like a god and blows zombies away, hungry thirsty cold soaked, max gives shotgun (with ammo) and canteen, wander, find better clothes, no cold. find food, no hungry, find tap, no thirsty, MM leads me to Elektrozavodsk, start getting hungry, Elektrozavodsk ages away, start starving, find house, eat soup, now hungry, Elektrozavodsk not to far, arrive at Elektrozavodsk, meet people, very cold, thirsty, starving, soaked, MM raids christmas tree for all the ammo, I stand in the building to avoid rain, search for food, none, REV people turn up, start chatting, MM still looting, Hypothermia, tell guys, MM runs to get fire making stuff, screen starts to go blurry, Hypothermia turns red, tell MM to hurry, pass out, people panic, screen black buggery knows what is happening, epinephrin brought, die.
Fun was had.

RivaCom

Forum Master
Staff member
Bronze Donor
Supporter
lol. Yea there are a lot of those experiences. Rex and I's first real experience went something like this.(And this was in the Dayz Mod so a little different. A lot more zombies, and motor vehicles.)

Rex and I spawn some what apart, I start running in the direction of what I think is his location. I start running through the woods and on dirt paths to avoid other people. I happen to run into a running car on a dirt trail... I look around and don't see anyone so I hop in, and take off. Hit up a main road, run into Rex, we look at the car, and score! filled with weapons and ammo. Both get in car and start heading toward a city where we wanted to set up camp. Drive as fast as we can into town trying to make it through so we can get to the other side and setup camp. Zombies everywhere, going fast, take wrong turn *Bam*, smack into a barricade in the road. Car won't start, zombies surround the car, we die.

N

NinjaGirl

Lol that sounds perfect! :) I'm so glad you enjoyed!! Prepare for more and more :) ;)

Davkas

Regular
Next story!
Respawn, ninjagirl finds me and gives me all my stuff back, go back to that Electa place, hang around, Madmax still looting, more people turn up, leave Electa, heading to camp in mountain, running, more running, climb hill, climb mountain, reach ruined castle, say hi, drop off stuff, logout, next real day, login, wander around camp, climb to top of castle tower, walking down, internet goes down, game crashed in a spectacular fashion, shrug and reset lappy, login again, new spawn, grumble, wander around, twenty minutes later, staving, thirsty, soaked, chased by two zombies, die.

RivaCom

Forum Master
Staff member
Bronze Donor
Supporter
sometimes try logging out and back into another server, that sometimes refreshes your hive download.

N

NinjaGirl

Next story!
Respawn, ninjagirl finds me and gives me all my stuff back, go back to that Electa place, hang around, Madmax still looting, more people turn up, leave Electa, heading to camp in mountain, running, more running, climb hill, climb mountain, reach ruined castle, say hi, drop off stuff, logout, next real day, login, wander around camp, climb to top of castle tower, walking down, internet goes down, game crashed in a spectacular fashion, shrug and reset lappy, login again, new spawn, grumble, wander around, twenty minutes later, staving, thirsty, soaked, chased by two zombies, die.
Things are looking up my friend!!! :) :)

S

SamSkumm

sometimes try logging out and back into another server, that sometimes refreshes your hive download.
happend me the other night, hadnt played since october, played 2 nights and got pretty geared, server restarted, lost everything, raged

Davkas

Regular
@SamSkumm Not yet, Ninja tried to brain me with a hoe the other day. However I'll admit I did then very nearly shoot her about 10 minutes later.

N

NinjaGirl

Hehe it was an accident i was trying to save you! ;) you saved my life many times tho!

C

Cmd

Because humans make the best pray and it teaches us that shooting on sight saves us a lot of grief (also @xxxihero s head catches bullets nicely)

Rexigar

Forum Master
Staff member
I have a story for you @Davkas I freshly spawned and ran into a barn. Somehow a zombie saw me run in and chased after me. I go up the stairs to the top level of the barn, looking for any type of weapon. Nothing, of course. The Zombie runs up the stairs pretty quick and I start boxing him. I am punching him for almost a minute straight, nothing. So I start to run but fall of the second level and break my legs. At least the zombie can come quickly finish me off. Nope, the zombie runs off the second story and dies.

So I crawl, looking for a zombie to off me, I can't find one, keep rolling and finally get killed by one.

RivaCom

Forum Master
Staff member
Bronze Donor
Supporter
I figured this story was about the time where you were hiding in the barn, I ran in and said it's me, and you blew my brains out when I looked at you.

ManBearPig

Forum Guru
Revenant Member
Revenant Ambassador
Bronze Donor
I saw you and Praven hop on dayz last night.. I thought I was seeing things

Rexigar

Forum Master
Staff member
No ghosts here. We played for a while last night. It was a good time. I like the persistence on the server. Makes it so stocking up is actually useful.

xxxihero

Famous
"I, for example am the hat guy," -PoisPois

FUNNIEST THING I HEARD ALL DAY

"@Davkas have you been killed by a team mate yet?" - Samskumm

Sam would be more than happy to empty an M4 mag into you as you sit innocently in front of him.

"also xxxihero's head catches bullets nicely" - cmd

dick.

Welcome @Davkas to the Revenant family, and i'm pretty confident you will find your place here, everybody here is great fun and love to help each other. With that being said, if you ever need anything in DayZ, dont hesitate to holla at me and i'd be more than happy to go and find you someone who can help XDXDXDXDXD.

Not really, i can help you.