Steam Broadcasting and FPS overlay is now available to all

P

poispois

"Announced and rolled out to Beta Client users in December, Valve has made Steam Broadcasting available in the regular client today. That means you can start broadcasting gameplay right now, or when the new Client Update has properly downloaded and installed.

While broadcasting is the biggest feature in the new update, the frames-per second overlay is now available to the regular client as well (it rolled out to beta testers earlier this month). Most other changes are either fixes or tweaks, though now future game updates will be indicated in the UI. Check out the full update notes over here.

While the new broadcasting functionality is a welcome addition, our own Tyler Wilde thinks it's unlikely to challenge Twitch's dominance in the area."

http://www.pcgamer.com/steam-broadcasting-and-fps-overlay-is-now-available-to-all/

P

poispois

Hopefully they will create a partnership with twitch so that you can stream to twitch directly through steam! That would be cool!

D

deaddude_1

It might make it easier aswell to stream.

I use games from stream myself and try and stream some times its a head strugle lol

RivaCom

Forum Master
Staff member
Bronze Donor
Supporter
I read somewhere that it was planned for that, this was just step 1. I would watch teh beta client for something soon.