**Settings and MOD suggestions**

Solus4544

Revenant Member
These would be useful,
Auto Ore Pickup to the new players or ones starting over. Would solve the ore disappearing before you have a chance to pick it up an the rage that follows.
https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=657749341

Light Block Improvements - easy control panel access - for those who have a few lights around.... you know who you are ;)
https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=603906728

Thanks for the Considerations

PS.

How would you all feel about a change to the day light Cycle, perhaps a 45 min Rotation instead of a 20 min?

Last edited:

Raven_2012

These would be useful,
Auto Ore Pickup to the new players or ones starting over. Would solve the ore disappearing before you have a chance to pick it up an the rage that follows.
https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=657749341

Light Block Improvements - easy control panel access - for those who have a few lights around.... you know who you are ;)
https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=603906728

Thanks for the Considerations

PS.

How would you all feel about a change to the day light Cycle, perhaps a 45 min Rotation instead of a 20 min?
I agree I would like to see day/night cycle increased, maybe what you suggested 45mins or more. I will be honest, I am not a fan of the Lighting Overhaul mod.

I would also like the see Auto Ore Pickup added to server.
I have been on a few severs who use Nanobot Build, it seems the norm for some servers. A few servers I noticed had their own custom version of it.

Vorg

Had a chance to play with this mod:
PassageIntersections

Nice mod. Not only does it have versions of all the parts with floors for making sealed passages, it even has an airlock block with two doors where it closes one before opening the other.

Hello all!

Our space engineers server is pretty great. But with one simple trick i think it could be greater. As of now, when you die, you are forced to auto respawn at the closest point. A setting can be changed, allowing for players to pick their spawn. I believe we should be provided that setting to make the server more enjoyable. For example, i wanted to start an earth base alongside my existing asteroid base. Why not allow players to spawn in a new lander and be on-planet? Then they also have the opportunity to spawn back at their original base when they want. Resources cannot be transported this way, so it provides no cheap and easy way to transport materials. Since the server is PvE, we mustn't worry about using these spawn points to quickly rally a faction to one point. I really like this idea, and i hope the rest of you do.

Stay healthy!

Sanoon

Supporter
Since we're also using the barebones for the Modular Encounters Spawner, we'll need to agree on a few mods to add for MES to actually spawn in. I have three basic ones that won't break our world, but should breath some PvE life into it for the communities pursing interest.

The Little Things: This mod adds in tiny abandoned structures into the world that players can stumble across. They are easily deleted with the servers automated grid cleanup when players leave the area.

The Little Things - Booty Calls: A supplement mod to TLT, this adds loot crates to the random buildings.

The Little Things - It Takes a Village: Second suppliment to TLT. Adds wrecks and clusters of buildings to form villages and mining camps.

Air Traffic: Adds more spawnable NPCs to the game, most of which will be in atmo. While outdated, it will be a welcome change from the barren landscapes of the planets.

amhw1964

Supporter
  • Ceiling Lights V3.0 - SEDE
    • An interior wall type block with a few configurations, adds lights without having to take an entire block under/in front of, simplifies one-block-high interior builds and facilitates that cramped ship feel some of us like in a ship we walk around in..
  • BuildInfo (Digi)
    • Provides extended block information, allows for block configuration at the block. Really useful for naming and adjusting lights, for example.
  • Build Colors (Sisk)
    • Lets you save color sets in your own game files, which you can then load in game in place of the default set, as well as load other saved sets from your other maps/servers.

pandalord86

I would like to suggest a mod for the server.

Paint Gun - realistic painting for survival + special creative features

The Paint Gun mod gives gravel some more use. It allows one to color the block behind a hitbox that is in the way of the block you are aiming to paint... it also helps color stuff back to the way they where when one of your faction members accidently does a Ctrl+Shift+MMB and colors the whole gird.

rottielover

I would like to suggest a quality of life mod that the author says is server friendly: https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=2687324923

Radio Spectrometry , it doesn't just give you the ores in an asteroid, you have to match a radio spectrum graph to known peaks in the graph to get an idea of what ores might be present, and multiple ores will cause multiple spikes on the graph making it a little harder to interpret. For those of us living life out in the belt, this would be great!

amhw1964

Supporter
With the 2023 reset happening soon(tm). i thought i would drop in a small list of mods I'd really love to see:
NameSteam IDTypeWhat it doesProCon
Projections To Assembler UtilityAllows sending a blueprint's needs to the assembler queueBetter component inventory control, parts on demandIn game program, potential for lag
Braced Conveyor Pipe Cosmeticadds two styles of "mounting bracket" appearance to pipeRealistic look for long pipe runsNone not common to all mods
Window Doors CosmeticAirtight window-type doors for window block wallsOnly useful to people who use lots of windows in buildsNone not common to all mods
Armor Ramps [By UncleSte] Mostly Cosmetic, 1 UtilityIncludes 3x1x1 ramp, other odd slopes3x1x1 better for rover rampsCan't applypaint skins, just colors
Ceiling Lights V3.0 - SEDE Cosmetic, UtilityInterior block with a light source strip (4 configurations of light strip)Makes designing cramped 1-block high rooms easier by not blocking item placement to make room for lightsNone not common to all mods
LCD Forest landscapes texture pack CosmeticBuncha really sweet nature photos for LCDsprettyNone not common to all mods
Build Colors UtilityAllows saving and loading of color palettesshould already be a game feature :p
doesn’t store the data server-side
Stores extra game data on player's computer
Nite Owl Naval Theme Prop Pack CosmeticBuncha antennas, thrusters, and a handful of props based on real-life modelsmore variety in antennas, mostlyNone not common to all mods