PvP Server, Yes... Again!!

What map are using boi's?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

SQUID

Regular
This looks good. Doe that rule with 0 passivkilling can be overabused so bad. I would just say dont kill dinos you dont have to. Else you can just park Brontos around ya base on passive and nobody can attack you (in theory)
True, although, in my book I consider that more of a defense, and fair game.

Which is yes, where the rule blurs, but wall of brontos, fair game to kill lol

Adding in to that rule. If youre in a raid, dont expect to be able to whistle your giga passive and get away with it not getting destroyed. feel like thats a fair death.

Maka

Regular
Revenant Member
True, although, in my book I consider that more of a defense, and fair game.

Which is yes, where the rule blurs, but wall of brontos, fair game to kill lol

Adding in to that rule. If youre in a raid, dont expect to be able to whistle your giga passive and get away with it not getting destroyed. feel like thats a fair death.
I been playing on other unofficial servers with this rule. And they had to take it off due to people just blocking off n store all their good loot in it. Untoutchable loot. So there was nothing to raid for.

Night

Regular
Revenant Member
Can we find a way to do this that will work with-out a wipe? (map is still pretty young)
Hard to do this without a wipe but I think I have an idea.

Leave Player, wipe Inventories
ClearPlayerInventory <PlayerID> <ClearInventory> <ClearSlotItems> <ClearEquippedItems>​
Leave Dinos*, wipe Inventories
Finding Command​
DestroyAllStuctures
*DestroyAll RockDrake_Character_BP_C
DestroyAll "Blueprint'/Game/Aberration/Dinos/RockDrake/PrimalItemConsumable_Egg_RockDrake.PrimalItemConsumable_Egg_RockDrake'"
Will double check on this.​

SQUID

Regular
Hard to do this without a wipe but I think I have an idea.

Leave Player, wipe Inventories
ClearPlayerInventory <PlayerID> <ClearInventory> <ClearSlotItems> <ClearEquippedItems>​
Leave Dinos*, wipe Inventories
Finding Command​
DestroyAllStuctures
*DestroyAll RockDrake_Character_BP_C
DestroyAll "Blueprint'/Game/Aberration/Dinos/RockDrake/PrimalItemConsumable_Egg_RockDrake.PrimalItemConsumable_Egg_RockDrake'"
Will double check on this.​
Night I believe Sip was talking about continuing the server as PvP from where its at right now.

And Maka, very true, I'm honestly not attached to that rule, and its very light in my book. What i more or less mean with that is, don't sit outside a base and snipe down dinos when someone is offline. Ya know, the silly things. but if you have a giga or a dino tucked away super defended, yeahhh get ready for it to be called "collateral" if its been made as the living vault.

But I like the idea of Dino vauls ;) so its a flexible thing.

I amend the rule to "DEFEND YOUR DINOS!"

Night

Regular
Revenant Member
I been playing on other unofficial servers with this rule. And they had to take it off due to people just blocking off n store all their good loot in it. Untoutchable loot. So there was nothing to raid for.

Killing passive happens and it turns into a he said she said kinda deal. The idea is to create a rule set that is open enough to minimize Admin intervention. The one thing PvP server do, is tax an admin staff with replying to cries.

With that said, the less an admin needs to assist on a pvp server, the better. Admin Logging should be enabled, and intervention should only happen in extreme cases.

Last edited:

Night

Regular
Revenant Member
Night I believe Sip was talking about continuing the server as PvP from where its at right now.
While I agree, with the increase rates, I don't think a wipe is that big of a deal. That being said, I haven't invested as much time as others. Mainly due to the discouragement of the vE setting.

SQUID

Regular
While I agree, with the increase rates, I don't think a wipe is that big of a deal. That being said, I haven't invested as much time as others. Mainly due to the discouragement of the vE setting.
My suggestion for the increased rates is to allow people to catch up rather fast.
I understand that its tough joining a server and seeing larger builds, but I've always seen that as a target type deal. "Get prepped enough to be able to take on them and we're good"

But also, Maka are you going to go on a rampage? No, cause me and Phil aren't going to go on a rampage, and neither is span, nor Barbers.
The server will have a checks and balances set up to it. While any of the 4 tribes above has enough power to wipe the server, none of them will do it because we all know the rest will retaliate together tenfold. it would be a waste, and no fun, and a little rude.

Especially as this would be a long term type of pvp server, that encourages growth, not breakdowns of friendships.

So im making an assumption of course, but you're worried for people joining that they will be instawiped by larger tribes on the server. Which will not happen. because if it does the issue will be solved before the new players have time to be upset about getting wiped. Internally on the server, with no need for admin interaction.

Night

Regular
Revenant Member
Atm, I don't know of any tribes that have more then 3 members, which is why I suggested a 3 Tribe Cap with 1 Alliance. The 1 alliance is mainly to support those who don't have 3 in the tribe. I solo player can alliance up with another tribe.

My suggestion for the increased rates is to allow people to catch up rather fast.
That is a really good idea, increasing gather for the first 3 days from 5x to 8x. People built under the pretense of PvE, so massive stone structures and massive dino pens aren't something people will want, and with the increased rates, won't need.

If it was up to me, I would wipe structures, dinos, inventories and offer those who had invested in the server some cosmetic rewards.

I wanted to elaborate on that, there are many facial and hair styles that can be used, I know jokers who PvP love the clown mask... stuff like that.

Picking 3 items from https://ark.gamepedia.com/Skins

Last edited:

SQUID

Regular
With no transfer into Ab item wise for the obvious egg issue reason. That would be another fresh start, and the new true pvp serve thats been developing will be a mostly fresh start as well.

Which while that doesnt sound horrible, it really is, that is a loooot of lost progress, not just on structures but on stat lines and bp gathering, etc... Me and Phil joined this cluster and stayed partly for the reason of not having to worry about fresh starts and what not, due to the server itself.

Is it 100% fair that people will have a headstart? no not at all, but its definitely not a handicap for anyone with the way these servers are.

This will be pvp, but there will not be daily raiding and what not, it will still be a very laid back environment. With the option of PvP further than server events and what not more or less.

Night

Regular
Revenant Member
With no transfer into Ab item wise for the obvious egg issue reason. That would be another fresh start, and the new true pvp serve thats been developing will be a mostly fresh start as well.
That has been fixed by Wild Card and you can prevent none Aberration Dinos, including eggs, from join Aberration via the Cluster.
CrossARKAllowForeignDinoDownloads=False

Night

Regular
Revenant Member
Which while that doesnt sound horrible, it really is, that is a loooot of lost progress, not just on structures but on stat lines and bp gathering, etc... Me and Phil joined this cluster and stayed partly for the reason of not having to worry about fresh starts and what not, due to the server itself.

Is it 100% fair that people will have a headstart? no not at all, but its definitely not a handicap for anyone with the way these servers are.

This will be pvp, but there will not be daily raiding and what not, it will still be a very laid back environment. With the option of PvP further than server events and what not more or less.
What about this, what if you were allowed to transfer these items into the cluster to utilize for getting tek to transfer back. That way it wouldn't be a complete loss? Sure you wouldn't be able to transfer the items back, but they would at least be useful.

Maka

Regular
Revenant Member
I understand that its tough joining a server and seeing larger builds, but I've always seen that as a target type deal. "Get prepped enough to be able to take on them and we're good"

But also, Maka are you going to go on a rampage? No, cause me and Phil aren't going to go on a rampage, and neither is span, nor Barbers.
The server will have a checks and balances set up to it. While any of the 4 tribes above has enough power to wipe the server, none of them will do it because we all know the rest will retaliate together tenfold. it would be a waste, and no fun, and a little rude.

Especially as this would be a long term type of pvp server, that encourages growth, not breakdowns of friendships.

So im making an assumption of course, but you're worried for people joining that they will be instawiped by larger tribes on the server. Which will not happen. because if it does the issue will be solved before the new players have time to be upset about getting wiped. Internally on the server, with no need for admin interaction.
Why does everyone think ill go rampage ? i never done that before :p (eronic) n no i wont :) ill make it fun for everyone (hopefully) mostly on the large pvp map

SQUID

Regular
  • If the not transferring eggs into aberation is a thing, then i suggest we open transfer everything, all the servers.

Its the original trickle down server setup/ Easy medium Hard.

• Easy=Rag The PvE stronghold for people, but low rates and hard bosses Open Transfer
  • Medium=Aberation PvP but laid back community mentality, Medium rates-craftable element. Its a good semi neutral zone that everyone will need, but can be contested over in server for the resources. Open Transfer
  • Hard=*new PvP map* Hostile environment, high rates, point of interest for people to go to for the higher lvl tames/higher resource gathering/and potential for true PvP/better loot than the medium server. Open Transfer
Open transfer with the new boundaries set, would alleviate any issues on the medium Aberation map because they would be taken care of on the hard map, and all the loot is going to mostly be on the easy map anyways.

"Oh well then there will never be any loot?"

can tell ya right now, I will not remember to always take my good prints/items off the hard server every night/. Which will encourage more PvP in the search for good loot.

Maka

Regular
Revenant Member
  • If the not transferring eggs into aberation is a thing, then i suggest we open transfer everything, all the servers.
Its the original trickle down server setup/ Easy medium Hard.

• Easy=Rag The PvE stronghold for people, but low rates and hard bosses Open Transfer
  • Medium=Aberation PvP but laid back community mentality, Medium rates-craftable element. Its a good semi neutral zone that everyone will need, but can be contested over in server for the resources. Open Transfer
  • Hard=*new PvP map* Hostile environment, high rates, point of interest for people to go to for the higher lvl tames/higher resource gathering/and potential for true PvP/better loot than the medium server. Open Transfer
Open transfer with the new boundaries set, would alleviate any issues on the medium Aberation map because they would be taken care of on the hard map, and all the loot is going to mostly be on the easy map anyways.

"Oh well then there will never be any loot?"

can tell ya right now, I will not remember to always take my good prints/items off the hard server every night/. Which will encourage more PvP in the search for good loot.
I think hard should be able to use their stockpile of left overs. I know alot of tribes who just got gigs n stuff stading as meatlockers. I think no tranfser is for ab since there shoundlt be any flyvers allowed in there

Night

Regular
Revenant Member
That's what I mean, before Aberration wipe happens, transfer will allow to send your items to Rag, but they won't be able to return. Once the wipe happens, item transfer is disabled and the PvP Server beings. This does two things; one, it keeps prints/items you found on Aberration pre-wipe in a place they can still be of use, and two, gives the new server a bit of balance. Then in 2 Weeks, Dino Transfer for Aberration Dino will be allowed to migrate back onto Aberration.

So to summarize.

Transfer of Dinos/Items from Aberration to Rag open.
Aberration goes through a DestroyStructures DestroyTribeDinos
Aberration disabled Transfers
Aberration returns with Transfers disabled for 2 weeks @ 5x (8x) stated above
Aberration opens Aberration Dino Transfers, after 2 weeks, to and from Rag.
Items always remain disabled ensuring PvP Integrity

Maka

Regular
Revenant Member
That's what I mean, before Aberration wipe happens, transfer will allow to send your items to Rag, but they won't be able to return. Once the wipe happens, item transfer is disabled and the PvP Server beings. This does two things; one, it keeps prints/items you found on Aberration pre-wipe in a place they can still be of use, and two, gives the new server a bit of balance. Then in 2 Weeks, Dino Transfer for Aberration Dino will be allowed to migrate back onto Aberration.

So to summarize.

Transfer of Dinos/Items from Aberration to Rag open.
Aberration goes through a DestroyStructures DestroyTribeDinos
Aberration disabled Transfers
Aberration returns with Transfers disabled for 2 weeks @ 5x (8x) stated above
Aberration opens Aberration Dino Transfers, after 2 weeks, to and from Rag.
Items always remain disabled ensuring PvP Integrity
You can tranfser dinos to Ragn from Abe.

Night

Regular
Revenant Member
I did find a way to allow resource pulling without being completely broken.
  • DisableResourcePulling=false
  • ResourcePullRangeInFoundations=5
This ensures the place can only be within 5 foundations which is pm like being in the same room.

Last edited:

DudeAwesome

Server Admin
Staff member
ARK Admin
Supporter
Yeah.....not going to lie, I'm not crazy about wiping the server. We've put a lot of work and we'd hate to see all of that go away just for some skins.

I'd love to however see some fresh PvP action going on, with Aberration being fully part of the cluster (with obvious transfer exceptions).

BrentscLuTcH

Bronze Donor
turning Aberration into a PvP server will honestly most likely cause myself and maybe a few others to leave, I like Aberration and im very new to Ark in general (started playing a week or so prior to Aberration launch) so being a solo player and having Aberr turned to pvp would suck huge for me

Secret Asian

Regular
Revenant Member
Supporter
Okay...I've read most of these suggestions and in my opinion I am not for the wipe at all. Personally, I have not been on here as long as some other players, but I have invested quite some time on the Island and the Aberration maps. To wipe dinos and structures sucks for everyone that has been on from the beginning. If this happens well, I don't think that I'll be back :(

There's a PvP server planned....so if you want PvP, go there. I'm sorry, but this DOES not sit well with me at all. And since the PvP server is not on Aberration then please don't make such drastic changes to the existing Aberration for the sake of loosing out on a vote for the new PvP server being Aberration.