PvP Server, Yes... Again!!

What map are using boi's?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Night

Regular
Revenant Member
Not saying 10x is bad, but every extreme rate server I've been on either burns out fast, or admins try to wipe often to keep people interested. In the long run, the people I've played with hate seeing all their hard word deleted. Maybe 4-5 people will stay after the wipe, the rest will leave.

IMO, you wipe unbalanced servers, not healthy ones. Delete Tribes after 2 weeks of no activity and keep up with events and promotion.

Maka

Regular
Revenant Member
When 100 turrets is max now i dont really see that people would run away from the server if the server is good. But i agree with what you said maybe wipe inactive tribes after a certain amount of time. No autodecay doe cause sometimes it causes problems

Kabooze

Of course with higher rates there also needs to be boosted player stat increments. Mostly just for weight, but boosted food, water, oxy, and fort are also nice as we can put just a few levels into each and save the rest for more important stats like health and 300 move speed (just kidding). But for example the nerd parade 10x rodeo and i play on you get 50 weight per level which works out perfectly with the stack mod and boosted rates.

DudeAwesome

Server Admin
Staff member
ARK Admin
Supporter
Of course with higher rates there also needs to be boosted player stat increments. Mostly just for weight, but boosted food, water, oxy, and fort are also nice as we can put just a few levels into each and save the rest for more important stats like health and 300 move speed (just kidding). But for example the nerd parade 10x rodeo and i play on you get 50 weight per level which works out perfectly with the stack mod and boosted rates.
THIS!

Sipowicz

Server Admin
Staff member
ARK Admin
SE Admin
  • So how about 6x EXP, 10x everything else? No event boosts.
    • Our PvE/PvPvE servers are balanced to be for long term play (Always willing to discuss ways to fine tune that more). This PvP server should be faster pace, makes losing less of a tragedy. This map should feel "Less permanent" than the others. That way raiding will actually happen. Otherwise... No one wants to risk losing all their work. However, with high rates, the map is likely to get stale. It would need to be wiped to keep it interesting.
  • Tweak Player Stats?
  • When the server opens Characters can transfer in and out.
    • ^
  • No dino transfers.
    • In some cases over a years worth of breeding has happened on our PvE servers.... Just doesn't seem right to allow them into a new PvP map(that can be discussed further). I definitely don't want them to be able to come out and to the other maps. At the rates they will be tamed/bred they will have higher levels than anything you can get on the other maps.
  • ORP 1 (not ORP 2, no pillars) Will be activated for the First 2 weeks. (gives new players a chance to build up)
    • Just to be clear this is not the ORP we use on the other servers (which will be disabled in the near future). This is the Defualt offline raid protection. It disables damage when players are offline. I figure this would be a good way to give newbs a leg up (in case the rates arent enough). Note: also disables alliances
  • After 30 days Item transfers are allowed to the PvP map. Items can NOT come back.
    • Since all players even new players have the luxury of building in the safety of the PvE maps, I think its fair to at some point allow items to transfer in. BUT in the spirit of Fair competition I think all new PvPer's should start building from the ground up. Because of the high rates, no reason to bring items back (I see that being abused at the end of the wipe cycles anyway).
  • After 3 months, Map is eligible for a Vote to Wipe/Change.
    • IMO 3 months is roughly the amount of time it takes players to get bored with SLIGHT boosts. Should be more than enough time for this server. After that its up to a vote, as to IF, WHEN, and WHAT map.
  • Rules?
    • Basic stuff... No harassment, Cheating, Greifing.
    • Greifing: Repeat killing new bro's (lvl 30 and down), capturing players for an excessive/unnecessary amount of time, Killing in progress tames
    • Please raid with purpose, no "Wiping" Bases
    • We ask that players do not build in areas that block valuable resources such as metal nodes, beaver dams, underwater caves, etc. Building in surface caves is permitted only for ease of access structures, i.e. Walkways, ramps, ladders, and beds. Please no bases inside caves.
    • We do not tolerate harassment of other players, griefing, or cheating. This Includes Hate speech or racial slurs.
  • Possible rules? These would be in addition to ^.
    • Tribe member limit? 5 players?
    • No raiding outside of Tier lvl? Stone/Metal/Tek
  • Mods S+, AA
    • We really need to vett all the settings for those mods. I feel like each of those will have features that break PvP. At least I KNOW S+ does. If you suggested one of the above mods, Take a good look at the settings for them and let me know if you find anything you think we should remove.
So far for maps we have Island, Volcano, and I'm going to also nominate Shigo Islands. Any others? We will have a vote on it this week.

Last edited:

Night

Regular
Revenant Member
I really like the meta game of no flying, so my only vote can be Aberration unless you were to try the others maps with flying disabled.

As for Mods, I think S+ is the only thing needed. It will best represent an official standard with the restrictions that have already been implemented on your pvp servers.

I still think ORP2, just to increase StructureHP, not to deter offline raiding but to increase the cost of doing so. At least that way the 100 Turret Cap will at least have a chance.

Sipowicz

Server Admin
Staff member
ARK Admin
SE Admin
I really like the meta game of no flying, so my only vote can be Aberration unless you were to try the others maps with flying disabled.

As for Mods, I think S+ is the only thing needed. It will best represent an official standard with the restrictions that have already been implemented on your pvp servers.

I still think ORP2, just to increase StructureHP, not to deter offline raiding but to increase the cost of doing so. At least that way the 100 Turret Cap will at least have a chance.
-We can add Abberration to the vote. Does it have a Tek cave?

-I agree with this. The S+ settings we used on the PvP server in the past disable MOST extra features. I'm all for that as long as I don't get any major push back.

-I do Like the functionality of ORP2. BUT the HP buffing feature I wouldn't use anyway. They are too risky considering the mods lack of support (currently discontinued). Also I would only have ORP active for a short time. After that.... its a tough world. So probably not worth while messing around with the an extra MOD.

Night

Regular
Revenant Member
-We can add Abberration to the vote. Does it have a Tek cave?
There is no way to unlock previous tiers of Tek. Even the stuff from Rockwell can't be crafted. It was designed for you to ascend though each DLC. Island > Scorched Earth > Aberration.

Unsure if unlocks can be added to killing Gamma Rockwell

TomUnderWater

Regular
Revenant Member
  • So how about 6x EXP, 10x everything else? No event boosts.
    • Our PvE/PvPvE servers are balanced to be for long term play (Always willing to discuss ways to fine tune that more). This PvP server should be faster pace, makes losing less of a tragedy. This map should feel "Less permanent" than the others. That way raiding will actually happen. Otherwise... No one wants to risk losing all their work. However, with high rates, the map is likely to get stale. It would need to be wiped to keep it interesting.
  • Tweak Player Stats?
  • When the server opens Characters can transfer in and out.
    • ^
  • No dino transfers.
    • In some cases over a years worth of breeding has happened on our PvE servers.... Just doesn't seem right to allow them into a new PvP map(that can be discussed further). I definitely don't want them to be able to come out and to the other maps. At the rates they will be tamed/bred they will have higher levels than anything you can get on the other maps.
  • ORP 1 (not ORP 2, no pillars) Will be activated for the First 2 weeks. (gives new players a chance to build up)
    • Just to be clear this is not the ORP we use on the other servers (which will be disabled in the near future). This is the Defualt offline raid protection. It disables damage when players are offline. I figure this would be a good way to give newbs a leg up (in case the rates arent enough). Note: also disables alliances
  • After 30 days Item transfers are allowed to the PvP map. Items can NOT come back.
    • Since all players even new players have the luxury of building in the safety of the PvE maps, I think its fair to at some point allow items to transfer in. BUT in the spirit of Fair competition I think all new PvPer's should start building from the ground up. Because of the high rates, no reason to bring items back (I see that being abused at the end of the wipe cycles anyway).
  • After 3 months, Map is eligible for a Vote to Wipe/Change.
    • IMO 3 months is roughly the amount of time it takes players to get bored with SLIGHT boosts. Should be more than enough time for this server. After that its up to a vote, as to IF, WHEN, and WHAT map.
  • Rules?
    • Basic stuff... No harassment, Cheating, Greifing.
    • Greifing: Repeat killing new bro's (lvl 30 and down), capturing players for an excessive/unnecessary amount of time, Killing in progress tames
    • Please raid with purpose, no "Wiping" Bases
    • We ask that players do not build in areas that block valuable resources such as metal nodes, beaver dams, underwater caves, etc. Building in surface caves is permitted only for ease of access structures, i.e. Walkways, ramps, ladders, and beds. Please no bases inside caves.
    • We do not tolerate harassment of other players, griefing, or cheating. This Includes Hate speech or racial slurs.
  • Possible rules? These would be in addition to ^.
    • Tribe member limit? 5 players?
    • No raiding outside of Tier lvl? Stone/Metal/Tek
  • Mods S+, AA
    • We really need to vett all the settings for those mods. I feel like each of those will have features that break PvP. At least I KNOW S+ does. If you suggested one of the above mods, Take a good look at the settings for them and let me know if you find anything you think we should remove.
So far for maps we have Island, Volcano, and I'm going to also nominate Shigo Islands. Any others? We will have a vote on it this week.
If we could boost per level gain on weight for man and dino thatd be great.

AA - Disable wireless gene and trough. Do the boss fight
S+ - I like the settings we have on the other servers excluding the no clip feature.

Boo Aberration. Lets be different, Volcano is where its at

Maka

Regular
Revenant Member
Andso what about using Orp from the other servers after the other ORP (0 dmg) is off ? If people aint onlie at the certain time its a easy raid (only buff structures not dinos) Since you can do some pretty OP bugs. Or then make a rule of no offline raids ?

DudeAwesome

Server Admin
Staff member
ARK Admin
Supporter
Yep, killing alpha Rockwell (Aberration hard boss) only gets you 3 new tekgrams, not sure how Aberration-only players are supposed to do anything without a replicator :(

Concerning maps, Volcano or Valhalla both look really good, I'm just afraid that Valhalla doesn't have any tek ascension in it.

Sipowicz

Server Admin
Staff member
ARK Admin
SE Admin
Andso what about using Orp from the other servers after the other ORP (0 dmg) is off ? If people aint onlie at the certain time its a easy raid (only buff structures not dinos) Since you can do some pretty OP bugs. Or then make a rule of no offline raids ?
I reeaaallly feel like ORP defeats the purpose of this PvP Idea. My impression is this is supposed be a harsh environment. Where you have more enemies than friends and there is a good chance that if you don't take care to protect your goods well they will be stolen.

And what is SupplyCrateLootQualityMultiplier going to be ? 6X or ?
Yes i do plan to make some adjustments here. Havnt had a chance to research what makes sense.

Maka

Regular
Revenant Member
I reeaaallly feel like ORP defeats the purpose of this PvP Idea. My impression is this is supposed be a harsh environment. Where you have more enemies than friends and there is a good chance that if you don't take care to protect your goods well they will be stolen.

Yes i do plan to make some adjustments here. Havnt had a chance to research what makes sense.
This i think aswell. But i think there should be something preventing people for doing it offline since. Online raiding is more fair n makes a diffrence in the game if they are online not offline while raiding

Sipowicz

Server Admin
Staff member
ARK Admin
SE Admin
Anyone else think the PvP server should Have Offline Raid Protection? Personally I think that feature is out of place on a server that is meant to be harsh. Also unless the ORP2 Developers comeback to the ARK world, or somebody comes up with another mod, we will not be using ORP2. So default ORP is the only option and it works A LOT different than what we currently have. Not to mention it disables alliances.

DudeAwesome

Server Admin
Staff member
ARK Admin
Supporter
Anyone else think the PvP server should Have Offline Raid Protection? Personally I think that feature is out of place on a server that is meant to be harsh. Also unless the ORP2 Developers comeback to the ARK world, or somebody comes up with another mod, we will not be using ORP2. So default ORP is the only option and it works A LOT different than what we currently have. Not to mention it disables alliances.
I see it like this. Nobody likes to be offline raided, it shows almost cowardice. ORP seems to be the only way to fix the problem, though being buggy.

If the environment your looking for is harsh, than go for it. The rates will help offset the loss (though still infuriating). Also ORP may pose a problem for players outside of the community's time-zones, which seem to be mostly American, forcing them to raid while others are offline.

But if we're aiming for minimal saltiness, than I think ORP is the best choice, or at least a rule against offline raiding.

Maka

Regular
Revenant Member
I see it like this. Nobody likes to be offline raided, it shows almost cowardice. ORP seems to be the only way to fix the problem, though being buggy.

If the environment your looking for is harsh, than go for it. The rates will help offset the loss (though still infuriating). Also ORP may pose a problem for players outside of the community's time-zones, which seem to be mostly American, forcing them to raid while others are offline.

But if we're aiming for minimal saltiness, than I think ORP is the best choice, or at least a rule against offline raiding.
I agree. I would suggest making some kind of rule agianst offline raiding but then agian we can always try without n see what happends