PvP Server, Yes... Again!!

Discussion in 'Ark' started by TomUnderWater, Jan 5, 2018.

?

What map are using boi's?

Poll closed Jan 20, 2018.
  1. Island

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. Volcano

38.5%
  3. Shigo Islands

15.4%
  4. Valhalla

15.4%
  5. Thieves Island

7.7%
  6. Aberration

23.1%
  1. Night

Night Member Revenant Member

Discord:
    River#4132
    That's the thing, you don't always know if someones online and are we supposed to ask permission to raid...? might as well be PvPvE. I think offline raid should be allowed, but the ORP2 StructuresHP should be set to 10x so it just cost the person a ton of ordnance and time. I know ORP2 is discontinued but mod does work and has zero issues with StructHP, only with DinoHP and DinoDMG when it comes to breeding. I say use it until you can't anymore.

2. Maka

Maka Member Revenant Member

I never said that you need to ask for permission lol. Can always check playerlist in steam. But orp2 could work if we dont buff dino stats then it should be good (i think) but im all in for 0 orp to.
    Like Rodeo said offline raiding is part of pvp just sucks if its only gonna be offline raids...

3. Maka

And are we going to rock Classic flyvers or not ? (just wanna hear)

Last edited: Jan 17, 2018
  4. Sipowicz

Sipowicz Server Admin Staff Member Officer

Discord:
    Sipowicz#4700
    No Classic flyers.

Night and TomUnderWater like this.
  5. Sipowicz

Discord:
    Sipowicz#4700
    While were at it... Letz vote for the next map gents!!

6. Phillip

Phillip New Member

Hey guysss, First time caller, long time listener:

Love the idea of bringing in a PvP map. I like most of the rules so far - but would like to suggest allowing "dino in" transfer. I like the original post to "higher risk, higher reward" (HR,HR) for playing on the pvp server vs. a pve server. A lot of people have all these dinos on Rag that don't get used for anything.... would be a good way to put them to use; and with the "HR,HR", there's always a chance to tame better stat dinos on the map.
    • Suggestion - allow dino transfer after the 2 week starter ORP?
      • Would give people who don't feel like transferring in a chance to tame their own monsters/build up an army without risk of Maka's gigas
      • would allow Maka to use his gigas for more than a meat-locker
      • could potentially open up a barter market for starter bred dinos

My first public server experience was on a high rate pvp server with no wipes. What was the main killer to that server was "donation dinos", (Pay to win. max spawn on their server was 100, but you could buy level 400 dinos. You can imagine who the alphas were..) It was a lot of fun to be able to build up at the higher rates, and like Sip said - When you got raided it wasnt the end of the world. The exchange of players coming in and out, raiding, rebuilding, counter raiding, alliances made/broke, etc. was a lot of fun! Different reasons via the admins ended up us leaving the server, but it still stuck as a very fun server to play on.

My only concern with another fresh start map is I don't have time or much desire to manage and rebuild again and again across a cluster.

Maka and Sipowicz like this.
  7. Sipowicz

Discord:
    Sipowicz#4700
    To be truthful I like the idea of allowing dinos to transfer in after a period of time also. Even though these dinos will be from long breed lines, they will be competing with dinos Tamed, and lvled at 5x the rates. Not mention the dinos would be unable to come back. I like the idea of players being able to make use of the stockpiles.

DudeAwesome, Phillip and SQUID like this.
  8. Maka

My Queen is famous xD

9. Maka

Dint you said 6X XP n 10 else ? or am i getting something wrong ? (agian ;) )

10. DudeAwesome

DudeAwesome Member Revenant Member

Regarding future maps, I'd love to see Thieves Island, Iso: Crystal Isles, or Madagascar Evolved.

11. Sipowicz

Discord:
    Sipowicz#4700
    Added aberration to the list of map options as promised.. Forgot to do so yesterday! I wanna get a map opened during this weekend. SPREAD THE WORD!

12. Sipowicz

Discord:
    Sipowicz#4700
    Tame rates on the new map will be 10x, which is 5x higher than our current maps right?

13. Maka

Though it was 1,5 :p lul mb

14. SQUID

SQUID New Member

Hi, conitnuing from the other PvP thread dicussion @Sipowicz this server will be a 3 month vote to wipe. have we fully decided the setup of this server? Mainly if we're allowing transfer out?

I think I can get behind a 3 month vote to wipe, as long as i was aloud to keep the useful progress.

Or rather, its vote to wipe. So at each vote, why not vote on say 3-5 dinos, and 10 prints to bring back with you, rest gets wiped.

I know that can garner issues, but i feel if it was discussed and agreed upon, it would work out quite well.

I also feel like it would keep this server a part of the cluster for real and make it worthwhile in the long term.

DudeAwesome likes this.
  15. Sipowicz

Discord:
    Sipowicz#4700
    :cool:Ok so launching this server tonight... PM for log-in info if you want to help me go through mod settings.:cool:
    Public launch will be tomorrow

Were are we on the Automated ARK mod?*edit

Ive looked into the ORP2 mod again, I'll be honest... im pretty nervous about leaving that mod on the current server at this point let alone using on a new server. While there is no way to know for sure, im reading about issue that can only be fixed by rebuilding structures. AINT NO BODY GOT TIME FA-DAT.

DudeAwesome likes this.
  16. Sipowicz

Discord:
    Sipowicz#4700
    Give me a bit ill write up a rough draft of the plan now

DudeAwesome and SQUID like this.
  17. SQUID

SQUID New Member

Is AA "autmated Ark"

And no Orp, its all gravy in the end, if we're doing the 3 month vote to wipe, its not a necessity IMO.

DudeAwesome likes this.
  18. OP
    TomUnderWater

TomUnderWater Member Revenant Member

Only thing id say for AA is no gene or trough, just because theres the tek variation of both.

No transfers out!

DudeAwesome likes this.
  19. SQUID

SQUID New Member

I just read thru AA and its description brifely. While I'm sure there are one or two thast people wont like. But it seems that it just genuinely makes the game run smoother/adds in stuff that should be in the base game. I like it.

Agreed on those two though.

Also, youre set on no transfer out on this one. Why is that? End game server where dinos go to die? In your initial post you mentioned it as an exploit for people joining and then getting ahead on the PvE server. Which, IMO, nothing wrong with that as its PvE, so its not really hurting anyone it would seem. And Rag is MASSIVE, so people would have plenty of room to build for a long time.

DudeAwesome likes this.
  20. SQUID

SQUID New Member

Also just as a super slight thread derailment. this forum is very nice, very smooth compared to other forms ive been on. Nice work!