PvP Server, Yes... Again!!

What map are using boi's?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Night

Regular
Revenant Member
That's the thing, you don't always know if someones online and are we supposed to ask permission to raid...? might as well be PvPvE. I think offline raid should be allowed, but the ORP2 StructuresHP should be set to 10x so it just cost the person a ton of ordnance and time. I know ORP2 is discontinued but mod does work and has zero issues with StructHP, only with DinoHP and DinoDMG when it comes to breeding. I say use it until you can't anymore.

Maka

Regular
Revenant Member
That's the thing, you don't always know if someones online and are we supposed to ask permission to raid...? might as well be PvPvE. I think offline raid should be allowed, but the ORP2 StructuresHP should be set to 10x so it just cost the person a ton of ordnance and time. I know ORP2 is discontinued but mod does work and has zero issues with StructHP, only with DinoHP and DinoDMG when it comes to breeding. I say use it until you can't anymore.
I never said that you need to ask for permission lol. Can always check playerlist in steam. But orp2 could work if we dont buff dino stats then it should be good (i think) but im all in for 0 orp to.
Like Rodeo said offline raiding is part of pvp just sucks if its only gonna be offline raids...

Maka

Regular
Revenant Member
And are we going to rock Classic flyvers or not ? (just wanna hear)

Last edited:

Phillip

Staff
Staff member
ARK Admin
Supporter
Hey guysss, First time caller, long time listener:

Love the idea of bringing in a PvP map. I like most of the rules so far - but would like to suggest allowing "dino in" transfer. I like the original post to "higher risk, higher reward" (HR,HR) for playing on the pvp server vs. a pve server. A lot of people have all these dinos on Rag that don't get used for anything.... would be a good way to put them to use; and with the "HR,HR", there's always a chance to tame better stat dinos on the map.
  • Suggestion - allow dino transfer after the 2 week starter ORP?
    • Would give people who don't feel like transferring in a chance to tame their own monsters/build up an army without risk of Maka's gigas
    • would allow Maka to use his gigas for more than a meat-locker
    • could potentially open up a barter market for starter bred dinos

My first public server experience was on a high rate pvp server with no wipes. What was the main killer to that server was "donation dinos", (Pay to win. max spawn on their server was 100, but you could buy level 400 dinos. You can imagine who the alphas were..) It was a lot of fun to be able to build up at the higher rates, and like Sip said - When you got raided it wasnt the end of the world. The exchange of players coming in and out, raiding, rebuilding, counter raiding, alliances made/broke, etc. was a lot of fun! Different reasons via the admins ended up us leaving the server, but it still stuck as a very fun server to play on.

My only concern with another fresh start map is I don't have time or much desire to manage and rebuild again and again across a cluster.

Sipowicz

Server Admin
Staff member
ARK Admin
SE Admin
To be truthful I like the idea of allowing dinos to transfer in after a period of time also. Even though these dinos will be from long breed lines, they will be competing with dinos Tamed, and lvled at 5x the rates. Not mention the dinos would be unable to come back. I like the idea of players being able to make use of the stockpiles.

Maka

Regular
Revenant Member
To be truthful I like the idea of allowing dinos to transfer in after a period of time also. Even though these dinos will be from long breed lines, they will be competing with dinos Tamed, and lvled at 5x the rates. Not mention the dinos would be unable to come back. I like the idea of players being able to make use of the stockpiles.
Dint you said 6X XP n 10 else ? or am i getting something wrong ? (agian ;) )

Sipowicz

Server Admin
Staff member
ARK Admin
SE Admin
Added aberration to the list of map options as promised.. Forgot to do so yesterday! I wanna get a map opened during this weekend. SPREAD THE WORD!

Night

Regular
Revenant Member
After reading everyone's post and looking at the current situation for Aberration, I am hoping this will meet enough common ground for all to settle upon.

The Volcano server is High Rate PvP, fast burnout with a 3month season accompanied by a map vote.
See that thread here.

Aberration is a Medium Rate, self managed PvP progression server that never wipes.
I argued that Aberration was already a PvP server and suggested that because of that, players there should accept the wipe. That was my mistake. After reading the posts, I realized that everyone who joined Aberration from Day 1, has had equal opportunity. PvP was always a possibility even though it never happened. So wiping, wouldn't change anything. Tomorrow, the same people would log on and play as if they had on Day 1. I do feel removing the vE setting, a clearly laid out ruleset and an increase to rates will encourage a more active server with PvP. Trust me, with the ruffled feathers, I'm sure I'm bound to get knock at my door. So below you will find the changes I suggest to Aberration.​

No wipe, just a straight, over night setting change.

Revenant Gaming PvP Aberration | S+ | Cluster

Players: Max 5 Tribe - Max 3 Alliance

Map: Aberration

Uploads/Downloads:
  • Aberration Dino Only - To and From (this allows for players to utilize Ragnarok Tek unlocks)
  • Player To and From
  • Items transfer From Ab, not to.
Rates
  • 4x Experience and Gather - 6x Everything Else
Ruleset
  • Removal of the vE settings
  • No Pillar Stacking or Foundation Sinking
  • Admin Logging Enabled

Raiding Rights
  • Only tribes with Metal and/or Turrets can be raided or participate in raiding
  • This creates a small buffer and prevents abuse, keep in mind this does not prevent WPvP kills
  • Players who choose to stay in stone may be raided but no C4 or Rockets maybe used. (This is just to prevent delaying progression or attempting to make there visit a PvE one.
  • No foundation wiping, but plundering for hidden storage is allowed within reason
  • Raiding the same tribe 2 nights in a row is not allowed.
  • All raids must be completed with in a 12 hour period.
  • Offline raiding is allowed but I do suggest ORP Structures HP x5
There are three exceptions to raiding rights, proximity, resources and retaliation.
A verbal warning in general that you are too close by the dominate tribe is required and should suffice, if it dose not then it is up to the dominate tribe on how to best protect their space.
Violation of the Raiding Rights will result in a DestroyTribeDinos as the penalty.

Addons (shameless copy best + edit)

PvP Settings:

• DisableResourcePulling=false
  • ResourcePullRangeInFoundations=5
  • DefaultDoorConfig=2 (S+ doors default to manual)
  • Slot counts match Vanilla containers/stations
S+ engrams Changes
Enabled

• Gardner
  • Farmer
  • S+ Collector
  • S+ TEK Generator
Disabled
  • Grinder Engrams (Gem to Crystal)
Old Disabled
  • Animal Tender
  • AutoTurret
    • TEK AutoTurret
    • Rocket
    • Cannon
    • Ballista
  • Bee Hive Plus
  • Blueprint Maker
  • Campfire Plus
  • Compost Bin Plus
  • Cooking Pot Plus
  • Demo Gun
  • Euthanasia Gun
  • Genomics Chamber
  • Hatchery
  • Insulation Negator
  • Land Claimer
  • Light Setter
  • Mortar Pestle Plus
  • Nanny
  • Personal Teleporter
  • PlusRemote
  • Preserving Bin Plus
  • Repair Gun
  • Resource Puller
  • S+ X-Plant Seed
  • SheepHerder
  • Turret Configurator
  • Transfer Gun
  • Tree Sap Tap Plus
  • Transfer Tool
  • Wind Turbine Plus
  • Underwater Tool
  • Beer Barrel Plus
  • Chem Bench Plus
  • Cloning Chamber Plus
  • Fabricator Plus
  • Forge Plus
  • Fireplace Plus
  • Feeding Trough Plus
  • Fridge Plus
  • Grinder Plus
  • Industrial Cooker Plus
  • Industrial Forge Plus
  • Industrial Grill Plus
  • Large/Small Storage Bin
  • Metal/Stone Water Tank
  • Replicator Plus
  • Smithy Plus
  • Tek Force Field
  • Teleporter Plus
  • Transmitter Plus
  • Visibility Tool
  • Vessel Plus
Aberration Map Question

I know that Aberration won't be picked due to the votes, which is okay, but would you ever consider wiping and turning the Aberration into a Small Tribe / (1) Alliances PvP, with as a 5x (8xT). Reason is, Aberration is by far the best small clan PvP map, with Ragnarok being the best large clan map.

Even if people don't PvP, the settings itself completely changes peoples mentality towards the game. Now, Aberration has a vE setting with a caveat; all pvp must be mutual. This completely suppresses the PvP setting, especially when most players come from your PvE Servers. In fact, your server settings post goes as far as saying, if you PvP, the entire server will run you off. Paraphrasing of course. Which is kinda sad since the possibility of PvP adds so much to the game, especially in the way you build. For those who don't play PvP servers, you only build what you can defend. This has two major effects on the server.
1 - It reduces the amount territory a person claims, either by pillar stacking, or building for the sake of building. This opens up space for other players, improves the player experience and server performance by limiting cringe lag Nerd Parade buildings.
2 - Players build what they can defend and build in metal as soon as they can. This encourages players from building out of stone, a resource that many players use to spam build on territory to take up territory. This also has a double effect of reducing the amount of irrelevant clutter. Something Aberration is starting to see, even with as few players as it has, but that is probably because it's a "PvE" server.

That mixed with a 2 Week, no contact Tribe Deletion, servers manage themselves.

While Aberration may seem large due to the no flying and maze like design, the places you can actually build is quite limited and physically... virtually, the map is small. At the rate people have been consuming space with stone structures, it will match that of an official PvE server.

I bring this up because of your mention to turn all PvPvE server into PvE servers. Something I would hate to see, hence my question. As far as I can tell, no unique players, besides myself, made the Aberration map their new home. Most came from the cluster. I few early on but they didn't hang around. So, a good question would be, as a new player to RG, why did I choose this server? That question is simple, I looked up on Battlemetrics for Location = U.S.A/Canada, Mods = S+, Map = Aberration. I scrolled through, looking at servers, opening ones of interest, checked activity and top played. Checked in game for PvE or PvP and joined during a +4 Everything Holiday, so the rates were bearable. Slowly but surely I realized this wasn't a PvP server, checked out the discord, then the site and found out the truth. This why I have also been so active in the PvP discussion thread.

This community has good support and a good foundation. I think this would add, in the same way as your new PvP server, a unique experience resulting in new players to the RG Brand. 2 PvE and 2 PvP servers.

If you are interested in what I think about rules/settings/transfers, I have an entire system mapped out.

Last edited:

Sipowicz

Server Admin
Staff member
ARK Admin
SE Admin
Aberration Map Question

I know that Aberration won't be picked due to the votes, which is okay, but would you ever consider wiping and turning the Aberration into a Small Tribe / (1) Alliances PvP, with as a 5x (8xT). Reason is, Aberration is by far the best small clan PvP map, with Ragnarok being the best large clan map.

Even if people don't PvP, the settings itself completely changes peoples mentality towards the game. Now, Aberration has a vE setting with a caveat; all pvp must be mutual. This completely suppresses the PvP setting, especially when most players come from your PvE Servers. In fact, your server settings post goes as far as saying, if you PvP, the entire server will run you off. Paraphrasing of course. Which is kinda sad since the possibility of PvP adds so much to the game, especially in the way you build. For those who don't play PvP servers, you only build what you can defend. This has two major effects on the server.
1 - It reduces the amount territory a person claims, either by pillar stacking, or building for the sake of building. This opens up space for other players, improves the player experience and server performance by limiting cringe lag Nerd Parade buildings.
2 - Players build what they can defend and build in metal as soon as they can. This encourages players from building out of stone, a resource that many players use to spam build on territory to take up territory. This also has a double effect of reducing the amount of irrelevant clutter. Something Aberration is starting to see, even with as few players as it has, but that is probably because it's a "PvE" server.

That mixed with a 2 Week, no contact Tribe Deletion, servers manage themselves.

While Aberration may seem large due to the no flying and maze like design, the places you can actually build is quite limited and physically... virtually, the map is small. At the rate people have been consuming space with stone structures, it will match that of an official PvE server.

I bring this up because of your mention to turn all PvPvE server into PvE servers. Something I would hate to see, hence my question. As far as I can tell, no unique players, besides myself, made the Aberration map their new home. Most came from the cluster. I few early on but they didn't hang around. So, a good question would be, as a new player to RG, why did I choose this server? That question is simple, I looked up on Battlemetrics for Location = U.S.A/Canada, Mods = S+, Map = Aberration. I scrolled through, looking at servers, opening ones of interest, checked activity and top played. Checked in game for PvE or PvP and joined during a +4 Everything Holiday, so the rates were bearable. Slowly but surely I realized this wasn't a PvP server, checked out the discord, then the site and found out the truth. This why I have also been so active in the PvP discussion thread.

This community has good support and a good foundation. I think this would add, in the same way as your new PvP server, a unique experience resulting in new players to the RG Brand. 2 PvE and 2 PvP servers.

If you are interested in what I think about rules/settings/transfers, I have an entire system mapped out.
Right now im at work, so ill be taking some time soon as i can to craft a better response. I will say I WHOLE-heartedly agree that we NEED PvP to keep this fun (I think that was your point). Thats the biggest reason for this New PvP server Launch.

I also agree Aberration is the perfect map to use for PvP.

The only MAJOR problem I see is... doing a wipe....... I dont think there is a way we could get players behind that. While current activity is low, we didn't propose opening the map on that basis.
  • Can we find a way to do this that will work with-out a wipe? (map is still pretty young)
  • Are we talking about Dropping the vE, and adjusting some settings to help healthy PvP?
  • More structured PvP than the map we are about to launch?
My BIGGEST goals are to give players a way to play the game the way the creators intended (PvP), and to play a more laid back version of it (PvE for adults who just cant maintain in a real PvP environment). At the same time, i want those players to have the OPTION to play together (cluster) with-out letting one game mode "Ruin" the other. I know that sounds difficult, but I want to try. Its been working with some success.

GO!.....

Last edited:

Maka

Regular
Revenant Member
Could always just have a pvp cluster with ragnarok where you can tranfser everything. Toon able to tranfser from pvp cluster to pve cluster ( just an idea)

SQUID

Regular
So on the grounds of wiping the map.....not uh...lol, not just me but 95% of the server I'm sure.
Dropping the vE and having better understood PvP rules...YES!

But here's the thing, and what I feel is something you are concerned about,Night. The already established tribes, have a lot, or a solid start into the map, even though it is still young.

So here's what I propose...We're all adults, right?

RULES:
  • Do not fully wipe bases. (particularly main base structures)
  • Do not kill passive dinos. (leave on neutral or aggressive at your own risk)
  • Do not repeatedly kill low level new players. (Allow everyone to have the opportunity to start up for a week or so)
  • Do not raid lower than your tier. (If you CHOOSE to raid above your tier, EXPECT to become fair game, however)
  • IF THESE RULES ARE BROKEN, THE REST OF THE SERVER WILL WIPE THE ROGUE TRIBE.
The last rule...I feel as though it is better than just banning someone. It will allow the person(s) affected by the rule breaking have some sort of closure as well as enjoyment from the game. Maybe they were a smaller tribe that just found the BP they needed to vault to the next tier, that sucks. The rest of the server should help promote growth so that more pvp targets are options. IN A FUN WAY.

Which brings me to dinos. We do not want to lose our dinos. Buildings are meh, but dinos are life. Do not be a bad person and kill cool/nice dinos for no reason. But in the same, DO NOT LEAVE COOL DINOS OUT IN THE OPEN TO BE KILLED!

MINI RULES:
  • Be a kind/considerate person (should not have to elaborate any further in this section.)
So more or less what I am proposing is a self-governing server that PvPs with each other, but the main thing is that understanding that on the back-end of things, we all are just playing ARK, not really fighting each other IRL. So when the inevitable jack-wagon comes along, everyone will work together to just push them off.

Though, if it does turn into a pure PvP server, I will also mildly suggest increasing the rates slightly to encourage a bit more PvP.

Open to criticism and suggestions. Though this largely follows a simple layout for a server, lol.

Maka

Regular
Revenant Member
So on the grounds of wiping the map.....not uh...lol, not just me but 95% of the server I'm sure.
Dropping the vE and having better understood PvP rules...YES!

But here's the thing, and what I feel is something you are concerned about,Night. The already established tribes, have a lot, or a solid start into the map, even though it is still young.

So here's what I propose...We're all adults, right?

RULES:
  • Do not fully wipe bases. (particularly main base structures)
  • Do not kill passive dinos. (leave on neutral or aggressive at your own risk)
  • Do not repeatedly kill low level new players. (Allow everyone to have the opportunity to start up for a week or so)
  • Do not raid lower than your tier. (If you CHOOSE to raid above your tier, EXPECT to become fair game, however)
  • IF THESE RULES ARE BROKEN, THE REST OF THE SERVER WILL WIPE THE ROGUE TRIBE.
The last rule...I feel as though it is better than just banning someone. It will allow the person(s) affected by the rule breaking have some sort of closure as well as enjoyment from the game. Maybe they were a smaller tribe that just found the BP they needed to vault to the next tier, that sucks. The rest of the server should help promote growth so that more pvp targets are options. IN A FUN WAY.

Which brings me to dinos. We do not want to lose our dinos. Buildings are meh, but dinos are life. Do not be a bad person and kill cool/nice dinos for no reason. But in the same, DO NOT LEAVE COOL DINOS OUT IN THE OPEN TO BE KILLED!

MINI RULES:
  • Be a kind/considerate person (should not have to elaborate any further in this section.)
So more or less what I am proposing is a self-governing server that PvPs with each other, but the main thing is that understanding that on the back-end of things, we all are just playing ARK, not really fighting each other IRL. So when the inevitable jack-wagon comes along, everyone will work together to just push them off.

Though, if it does turn into a pure PvP server, I will also mildly suggest increasing the rates slightly to encourage a bit more PvP.

Open to criticism and suggestions. Though this largely follows a simple layout for a server, lol.
This looks good. Doe that rule with 0 passivkilling can be overabused so bad. I would just say dont kill dinos you dont have to. Else you can just park Brontos around ya base on passive and nobody can attack you (in theory)

Sipowicz

Server Admin
Staff member
ARK Admin
SE Admin
Could always just have a pvp cluster with ragnarok where you can tranfser everything. Toon able to tranfser from pvp cluster to pve cluster ( just an idea)
Would be nice if clusters allowed us the flexibility to control what can go to what server more.

Night

Regular
Revenant Member
Okay so this will take a few min.

Players: Max 3 Tribe - Max 1 Alliance

Map: Aberration

Uploads/Downloads:
  • Aberration Dino Only - To and From (this allows for players to utilize Ragnarok Tek unlocks)
  • Player To and From
  • Items do not transfer
Rates
  • 5x Experience and Gather - 8x Everything Else
Ruleset
Removal of the vE settings
No Pillar Stacking or Foundation Sinking
Admin Logging Enabled

Raiding Rights
  • Only tribes with Metal and/or Turrets can be raided or participate in raiding
  • This creates a small buffer and prevents abuse, keep in mind this does not prevent WPvP kills
  • Players who choose to stay in stone may be raided but no C4 or Rockets maybe used. (This is just to prevent delaying progression or attempting to make there visit a PvE one.
  • No foundation wiping, but plundering for hidden storage is allowed within reason
  • Raiding the same tribe 2 nights in a row is not allowed.
  • All raids must be completed with in a 12 hour period.
  • Offline raiding is allowed but I do suggest ORP Structures HP x5
There is two exceptions to raiding rights, proximity and resources.
A verbal warning in general that you are too close by the dominate tribe is required and should suffice, if it dose not then it is up to the dominate tribe on how to best protect their space.
Violation of the Raiding Rights will result in a DestroyTribeDinos as the penalty.
Addons (shameless copy best + edit)
PvP Settings:

• DisableResourcePulling=false
  • ResourcePullRangeInFoundations=5
  • DefaultDoorConfig=2 (S+ doors default to manual)
  • Slot counts match Vanilla containers/stations
S+ engrams disabled: (Notable changes - Gardner, Farmer, S+ Collector, TEK Generator)
  • Animal Tender
  • AutoTurret
    • TEK AutoTurret
    • Rocket
    • Cannon
    • Ballista
  • Bee Hive Plus
  • Blueprint Maker
  • Campfire Plus
  • Compost Bin Plus
  • Cooking Pot Plus
  • Demo Gun