Minecraft!

N

NinjaGirl

Last edited:
F

foo

Bukkit has been around for years. It's pretty much the only well supported third party server API. It opened minecraft up from the vanilla tedium that most servers offered to something that could be modded to your hearts content. I used it extensively on my server and it was great, and now something needs to fill the void.

RivaCom

Forum Master
Staff member
Bronze Donor
Supporter
From my understanding

Mojang bought the rights to Bukkit, but the original creator wasn't on this decision, decided he would continue it regardless who owned it. Well this is the big slap in the face to him.

That being said, the servers can still run without bukkit, and there are other api's that we can use in the mean time as well.

Rexigar

Forum Master
Staff member
I tried logging in last night for the hell of it, and it wasn't working for me. I will try again tonight.

RivaCom

Forum Master
Staff member
Bronze Donor
Supporter
He ended up getting on. I had to explain to him how to do it with the old bukkit version.

Rexigar

Forum Master
Staff member
Ya, I didn't downgrade the version. Once I did I was able to get on no problem. I saw someone was already building something on top of a mountain and a little cabin.

I'm really glad to see people using it, and I hope it continues to grow.

N

NinjaGirl

Ya, I didn't downgrade the version. Once I did I was able to get on no problem. I saw someone was already building something on top of a mountain and a little cabin.

I'm really glad to see people using it, and I hope it continues to grow.
Haha the mountain thing is the foundations to my new home! U love????

T

TGxAltair

£14 for a 30 slot Minecraft server to b added onto our DayZ package, donations would go to running both servers.

Just let me know whether or not to add it. I know we have one right now.

RivaCom

Forum Master
Staff member
Bronze Donor
Supporter
TG i'd hold off, the server we have should be enought for the size, and is unrestricted as were self hosting and not hosting on a shared host. Although the server is small, it should be fine for around 10-15 constant people at one time. It's based out of France.

N

NinjaGirl

TG i'd hold off, the server we have should be enought for the size, and is unrestricted as were self hosting and not hosting on a shared host. Although the server is small, it should be fine for around 10-15 constant people at one time. It's based out of France.
Aye the one we using is really nice and seems to be suiting all at mo little to no lag! :)

Thanks btw for doing it for us!! Its gotten good use so far!!