Don't forget to vote for our servers! VOTE NOW!
  • This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

Creator of EQ Check, Old School MMO Rules Check, Best game ever?

RivaCom

Staff member
Now anyone who knows me, knows I will always quote 1 of 2 mmos. EQ, or SWTOR. Two of the best games that ever game out. I prayed EQN was going to be old school, but although it looks great, isn't EQ.

So this morning I see this pop up. http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1588672538/pantheon-rise-of-the-fallen

This is a MMO from one of the creators of EQ. Planning to have Social/Group gameplay, classic MMO RPG action(no dual, tripe classes), everyone has their own role. I am more then excited. Check it out!

RivaCom

Staff member
Some good discussion over at pjpantheon.com devs have joined in on a few items already.

Also they added a $250 tier which allows you to play almost as a internal tester. which to me sounds like a dream, but don't have 250 to spend.

S

Snoulbora

Yeah I am pretty excited for this game as well its kinda what I have been waiting for, I really do hope as a player of the game that you have an impact on the game for doing something. I really hope that there is somewhat like an player like economy to the gamer rather than just an action house of things being sold at a ridiculous high price.

RivaCom

Staff member
If you follow or support the KS, he does a Interview/QA about 5-6 times a week. A lot of similar info but sometimes some new stuff creeps in.

Also pjpantheon.com is a great community for the game.

Oneknife

Revenant Member
Revenant Ambassador
Hey, was wondering if you pledged on the new website since the KS fell short? I subbed monthly for 15 bucks in lue of a chunk - seemed safer and a better idea. Nice to see all the work they are doing there. SUPER excited about this game~!

RivaCom

Staff member
I did, since I would of did the KS anyway. They have the KS promise there you send in your KS pledge and can get the equal status on their store. So I still get an alpha invite.

RivaCom

Staff member
Rex, I could also load EQ on your pc sometime and let you try it out. It's outdated but, it's basically in a nut shell a core backing of Pantheon.

Rexigar

Staff member
I played around with EQ2 at one point. One quest had me do an emote to an NPC, I did it and it didn't work, I couldn't figure out why. Gave up lol.

Oneknife

Revenant Member
Revenant Ambassador
EQ2 is an awesome game, im playing eq1 atm, on the emulator and on live - emulator is freakin hard man

RivaCom

Staff member
EQ2 is an awesome game, im playing eq1 atm, on the emulator and on live - emulator is freakin hard man
Did you play the original EQ? It's basically that. I played on Winters Roar back in the day(max Cleric baby). But haven't jumped into P1999 as much as I should.

I played around with EQ2 at one point. One quest had me do an emote to an NPC, I did it and it didn't work, I couldn't figure out why. Gave up lol.
EQ2 != EQ1 Day and Night really. EQ1 was much harder then EQ2, heck there was no quest lines to follow.(well not like EQ2).