Creator of EQ Check, Old School MMO Rules Check, Best game ever?

RivaCom

Forum Master
Staff member
Bronze Donor
Supporter
Now anyone who knows me, knows I will always quote 1 of 2 mmos. EQ, or SWTOR. Two of the best games that ever game out. I prayed EQN was going to be old school, but although it looks great, isn't EQ.

So this morning I see this pop up. http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1588672538/pantheon-rise-of-the-fallen

This is a MMO from one of the creators of EQ. Planning to have Social/Group gameplay, classic MMO RPG action(no dual, tripe classes), everyone has their own role. I am more then excited. Check it out!

J

Jushi85

i'm interested on this too, sound almost too good to be true :D

RivaCom

Forum Master
Staff member
Bronze Donor
Supporter
Some good discussion over at pjpantheon.com devs have joined in on a few items already.

Also they added a $250 tier which allows you to play almost as a internal tester. which to me sounds like a dream, but don't have 250 to spend.

S

Snoulbora

Yeah I am pretty excited for this game as well its kinda what I have been waiting for, I really do hope as a player of the game that you have an impact on the game for doing something. I really hope that there is somewhat like an player like economy to the gamer rather than just an action house of things being sold at a ridiculous high price.

RivaCom

Forum Master
Staff member
Bronze Donor
Supporter
If you follow or support the KS, he does a Interview/QA about 5-6 times a week. A lot of similar info but sometimes some new stuff creeps in.

Also pjpantheon.com is a great community for the game.

Oneknife

Famous
Revenant Member
Revenant Ambassador
Hey, was wondering if you pledged on the new website since the KS fell short? I subbed monthly for 15 bucks in lue of a chunk - seemed safer and a better idea. Nice to see all the work they are doing there. SUPER excited about this game~!

RivaCom

Forum Master
Staff member
Bronze Donor
Supporter
I did, since I would of did the KS anyway. They have the KS promise there you send in your KS pledge and can get the equal status on their store. So I still get an alpha invite.

RivaCom

Forum Master
Staff member
Bronze Donor
Supporter
Rex, I could also load EQ on your pc sometime and let you try it out. It's outdated but, it's basically in a nut shell a core backing of Pantheon.

Rexigar

Forum Master
Staff member
I played around with EQ2 at one point. One quest had me do an emote to an NPC, I did it and it didn't work, I couldn't figure out why. Gave up lol.

Oneknife

Famous
Revenant Member
Revenant Ambassador
EQ2 is an awesome game, im playing eq1 atm, on the emulator and on live - emulator is freakin hard man

RivaCom

Forum Master
Staff member
Bronze Donor
Supporter
EQ2 is an awesome game, im playing eq1 atm, on the emulator and on live - emulator is freakin hard man
Did you play the original EQ? It's basically that. I played on Winters Roar back in the day(max Cleric baby). But haven't jumped into P1999 as much as I should.

I played around with EQ2 at one point. One quest had me do an emote to an NPC, I did it and it didn't work, I couldn't figure out why. Gave up lol.
EQ2 != EQ1 Day and Night really. EQ1 was much harder then EQ2, heck there was no quest lines to follow.(well not like EQ2).