Worst News Ever - GTA V PC delayed but PC Spec's released

N

NSH4RPY

Grand Theft Auto 5's PC release date has been knocked a couple of months into the future to March 24, according to an announcement today on the GTA 5 newswire. The reasons: "testing and polish". Here's there full statement.

"Our apologies for the slight shift in the date but the game requires a few extra weeks of testing and polish to make it as good as can be. Moving a release date is never a decision we take lightly and is a choice we make only when we know it is in the best interests of the game and our fans. Thanks everyone for your understanding and we assure you these few extra weeks will be worth it when the game does arrive in March."

The PC version will come with some extras. It'll run at 4K resolution and comes with a video editor so you can film your own Scorsese crime epics, or create gifs of Trevor falling off things in slow motion. Rockstar also announced the system requirementstoday, and they're not too bad.

The last minute delay is bad news for anyone who booked time off to play it in their pants for days—ahem—but we can at least spend the extra time daydreaming about the mods we'd love to see for GTA 5 PC, or new ways to play GTA 5 without breaking the law. It'll hopefully be worth the wait because, as Andy explains, GTA 5 will be best on PC.
System Requirements :
Minimum Specs

• OS: Windows 8.1 64 Bit, Windows 8 64 Bit, Windows 7 64 Bit Service Pack 1, Windows Vista 64 Bit Service Pack 2* (*NVIDIA video card recommended if running Vista OS)
  • Processor: Intel Core 2 Quad CPU Q6600 @ 2.40GHz (4 CPUs) / AMD Phenom 9850 Quad-Core Processor (4 CPUs) @ 2.5GHz
  • Memory: 4GB
  • Video Card: NVIDIA 9800 GT 1GB / AMD HD 4870 1GB (DX 10, 10.1, 11)
  • Sound Card: 100% DirectX 10 compatible
  • HDD Space: 65GB
Recommended Specs

• OS: Windows 8.1 64 Bit, Windows 8 64 Bit, Windows 7 64 Bit Service Pack 1
  • Processor: Intel Core i5 3470 @ 3.2GHZ (4 CPUs) / AMD X8 FX-8350 @ 4GHZ (8 CPUs)
  • Memory: 8GB
  • Video Card: NVIDIA GTX 660 2GB / AMD HD7870 2GB
  • Sound Card: 100% DirectX 10 compatible
  • HDD Space: 65GB
Bit gutted that its been delayed but it will be worth the wait ! :)

RivaCom

Forum Master
Staff member
Bronze Donor
Supporter
I know a few friends have it on xbox, I might just bite the bullet and pick it up. I've already beaten it on 360.

N

NSH4RPY

Im just waiting for PC as theres bound to be some awesome mods for it

Rexigar

Forum Master
Staff member
and i'm sitting over here playing GTA V on the Xbox One and having a blast! GTA Online is a game changer. Oh, and Peer Pressure @NinjaGirl come play with us on the One! Do eeet!

#PCMasterRace? lol

N

NinjaGirl

Lol @Skumm hadn't read this post yet and was a little upset when I told him.. I can't wait that long!!! @Rexigar awwww noooo stooopp i can't!!!But I soooo want tooo...

Rexigar

Forum Master
Staff member
It really does suck though. I remember playing on the 360 with @RivaCom and @Skyebred and it was a blast. Then heists got delayed and I sold it and gave my Xbox 360 to my sister in law. I thought that was the end of my GTA adventure until I saw it coming out on Next Gen Consoles and PC. I got it as a Christmas Gift so like I was telling you the other night. Unless I can get it for next to nothing on the PC I will just stick with the XBO.

N

NinjaGirl

Thats such a pity! Would love to go around with you dudes would be very cool! I was part of an all girls group as well as our main group and it was craaaae driving round with loads of people and just getting into epic battles before taunting someone enough to give you an impromptu race and then survival and DMs and Player created content like that 4 way madness racing map or prison thug fightz! I love that game.. :) Seriously tho @Rexigar I would wreck you - probably a good thing I can't beat you at the min! :) :) :p :)

Rexigar

Forum Master
Staff member
Bring it on! The way I see it, you are too scared to jump into GTA Online with me. I am here, sitting in my supped up car waiting for you!

I remember one time in GTA Online where @Skyebred got a helicopter with a magnet and picked up a car with me in it, and put me on the Heli-Pad on top of one of the sky scrapers. Then he went and got @RivaCom and we kinda had a demolition derby where last car standing won and you had to push the other person off. Stuff like that in an open world game is so much fun. That's not even including the missions.

N

NinjaGirl

Aww that is too good! It's great when you can make your own games like that! Definitely gonna whip out the xbox 360 this weekend :) After the Arma Rev event ofc! @Rexigar and @RivaCom please come sometime! Both of you tell your respective bosses you are urgently required to come and help fight terrorists with another counter terrorist unit take the day off and come play with us all day !! :)

Rexigar

Forum Master
Staff member
I will try and make it to your next one. Unfortunately I will be traveling on Saturday

N

NinjaGirl

Not a good enough excuse!! how dare you have real life plans in place of a fictitious game!!! :p Next one or next NAC thing please! Both of you!!