[Spoilers] Walking Dead

RivaCom

Forum Master
Staff member
Bronze Donor
Supporter
Rex hadn't watched it yet and I not even thinking about it said, this episode will "Blow your mind" , come to find out, I actually told him what would happen without even realizing it.

Rexigar

Forum Master
Staff member
I may be alone in this logic but I felt they really messed up the whole Maggie/Beth relationship. Maggie hasn't said the word Beth at all this season. She knew she was missing, Darryl told them they saw someone take her. If she cared so much why wouldn't she mention wanting to go look for her? Then she goes off with Abraham to Washington without so much as even blinking. Then all of a sudden she dies and you act really sad? It felt incredibly fake.

They always seemed really close too, so I'm positive she should have been pushing the group to look for her.

S

SamSkumm

Daryl didn't tell them he saw someone take he until after carol went into the hospital, even when Carol (I think) pressed him on it he didn't give a definitive answer. At that stage Maggie had already left with Abraham and Co. I think Maggie as any sane person would thought Beth was dead up until the point they arrived back at the church and Carl/Michonne told her Beth was alive, hence the surprised reaction.

RivaCom

Forum Master
Staff member
Bronze Donor
Supporter
Right, I think by the last episode, this was the first time they actual knew where Beth was, so even if she wanted to go look for her, where do you start? All they knew was it was a car with a Cross on it.

N

NSH4RPY

Nearly time for it to kick off again!!!
Might give the comic books a dust off and read before the mid season starts :p

Rexigar

Forum Master
Staff member
I'm not sure if it's just me, but so far the first 2 episodes of the last half of season 5 have been very weak. I don't want to drop spoilers yet because I know some haven't watched as of this morning.

Bootscrapper

V.I.P.
Revenant Member
Revenant Ambassador
Bronze Donor
i like to think that they are just building back up to steam roll again. i enjoyed the second episode a lot more than i did the first though.

Bootscrapper

V.I.P.
Revenant Member
Revenant Ambassador
Bronze Donor
SPOILERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Who do you guys think will be leaving with rick?

Rexigar

Forum Master
Staff member
MORE SPOILERRRRRRRSSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I don't think he is going to be leaving at all. I think some mean bastard by the name of Negan is going to send a herd of walkers to attack the city and bring part of the wall down. (Possibly right before Rick leaves). Rick is going to play an essential role in the protection of Alexandria and repelling the attack of Negan and his Saviors. Deanna is going to die in the attack and Rick is going to take over Alexandria. Unfortunately I also believe Glenn will die in the attack.

I used the comics to tie my guess together.

Bootscrapper

V.I.P.
Revenant Member
Revenant Ambassador
Bronze Donor
nice!!! i do kinda hope that it goes down that way. i don't really want to see glenn die though, i'm starting to like him more and more.

Rexigar

Forum Master
Staff member
Here is my thought on the whole Rick/Sasha being lost idea.

Sasha, is bat shit crazy, I will give you that one. Rick however, his whole reason for living is to protect his group. I feel like he would risk his life for any of them. Sasha acts like she wants nothing to do with anyone, whether it be the group or working on establishing a way of life. She is exiling herself. Rick wants to ensure this place survives and is working toward that goal. Rick is certainly brash and the evil they experienced in the world has certainly warped his perception, but at the end of the day his goal remains the same. I even feel like his methods of ensuring Alexandria survives are better than Deanna's. She let's a known abuser continue to live with his wife and kids, where everyone knows what he is doing to her and turning a blind eye. That is the type of crap that goes on now, and it sets our civilization backwards. Rick wants to do something about it, and he becomes the bad guy? If I were a member of that community I would have sided with Rick that something needs to be done. However, taking him out back and shooting him, as Rick suggests is a little extreme. Deanna claims she wants to create replicate an established government and get the world back as normal as possible. But tells Rick "What do you want me to do?" when he asks for for answers about Pete. Do something. Then she doesn't come up with any method of dealing with rule breakers except exiling them? That's pretty stupid. Rick has also said countless times that these people have no idea what they are doing, and they clearly don't. Aiden's scavenging team and the construction team as examples. They would have let that woman die if it wasn't for Abraham and who knows how many people died due to Aiden's stupidity and would have continued to die under his watch. Plus the people of Alexandria right now are nothing but selfish. Nicholas is directly responsible for Noah dying and wants to leave Aiden and lies about it. They are not loyal to one another. They should learn from the bonds that Rick's group has. If anything the people of Alexandria are too soft and not hardened enough to survive out in the real world. As much as Deanna wants to replicate life before the outbreak within the walls, it isn't living in the real world. If you ignore the outside world, you are just asking for external sources to come and ruin what was established. Rick is simply trying to stop that from happening.

Look at the last person who they didn't kill given the opportunity (Michonne & The Governer fight or Andrea who could have stabbed him while he was sleeping or Rick who could have killed him during their little meeting). He came back and killed so many more. So I certainly understand Rick's thought process. If you cut the head off of a snake, it dies. If you throw the snake out into the wild it can come back bigger and more dangerous.

Bootscrapper

V.I.P.
Revenant Member
Revenant Ambassador
Bronze Donor
I agree with everything you just said rex except one thing. i don't really believe that sasha is truly crazy or lost it. she's pissed off she feels like everyone that she tries to help just wind up dead. she's tired of waiting on the eminent attack by either walkers or other people. so she goes on the offensive and starts hunting walkers, and in turn blowing off steam at the same time.

but the people of Alexandria are definitely soft and sloppy. i feel like rick could have handled the situation a little bit better instead of pulling his gun out and pointing it at everyone. the fight was perfectly justified though pete attacked him and wouldn't stop rick gave him several chances. he could have explained that to Deanna without pulling out his gun.

Rexigar

Forum Master
Staff member
That's a good point Boot. Maybe she will be better once she is done blowing off steam. The fact she has been shooting all of the people in the picture frames is pretty twisted. It's one thing if she is just using them for target practice, but they zoomed in and made a point of showing that all of the faces had bullet holes in them.

Bootscrapper

V.I.P.
Revenant Member
Revenant Ambassador
Bronze Donor
Yes she is definitely a little screwed up right now. i just don't think that she's completely gone.