Gaming Calendar

ManBearPig

Forum Guru
Revenant Member
Revenant Ambassador
Bronze Donor
I was just thinking.. It would be cool if you could import some type of calendar into the website where anyone could go to it and fill in days where they won't be around or will be around.. For example i will be away this weekend but home Sunday so i could fill that in. I'm just saying that because theres been times where i'm on Dayz wondering if i should run south or north but it depends who might be coming online that night, if i knew Bsquare was logging on later I would start my trek north. I think it might be useful for ESO as well. I understand some people won't know until last minute and some people wouldnt use it but its just an idea i thought i would run by you guys.

hey manbear im usually on in the mornings 7am-12pm PST during my work week which is currently sat-wed, and on at night on my weekends (thursday and friday).

C

Cabal

Is it possible to include some kind of event calendar on the site, or is it to much work?

My thought is that it could be nice to have somewhere for people to see what scheduled events are coming up instead having to go through each forum and search for them.
Maybe it's overkill since there aren't many events coming up :) But I think in the long run there might be more of a need for it. The need might be different for each type of game also.

For DayZ for instance I can see a clear usage of such a function so that we can plan get-togethers for raids, meetings, show-downs, missions, clan join-ups and so on.

In GRP we could use it for scheduled training hours/events and in the future (not so distant :) ) clan matches and tournaments.

Might be a daunting task and to much work, but if possible it would come in good use.
Please let me know if I can help with anything (working with computers on a daily basis)

RivaCom

Forum Master
Staff member
Bronze Donor
Supporter
Nothing that could be useful is a awful idea, I'm just back logged =). I am making a list of stuff to do.

C

Cabal

Back logged! @RivaCom, I guessed as much (from our other discussion :) ), so no hurry or worry. And in case I can help let me know. I suck at graphic design ;) But I work with websites, usually back-end for eBusiness sites but some front-end stuff as well.

RivaCom

Forum Master
Staff member
Bronze Donor
Supporter
@Cabel I just need to start making To-Do lists both User side and Admin side. This is going to be my first case.