Astro Gaming Headsets Get a Refresh for the New Consoles

G

Gaming News

The Astro A50 has long been the gaming headset of choice for anyone who could justify the cost, including you . While the old Astro A50 and A40 will probably stick around, Astro is creating new variants specifically tuned for the Playstation 4 and Xbox One.

Read more...

Continue reading...

D

Dude

I have A40's, wouldn't say Astro's are worth their price, they are good though.

RivaCom

Forum Master
Staff member
Bronze Donor
Supporter
I'm at a loss here, I can't seem to find anyone with a decent of 5.1/7.1 surrounds with mic. My list has been.

Razer's original 5.1 headset(forget the name)
  • Pro
    • Awesome Sound
    • Comfortable
  • Cons
    • awkward headband design
    • Poor mic quality
    • 3.5mm connection. For anyone who already has 5.1 or 7.1 analog speakers, this put's you in the situation where you either need splitters or multiple sound cards. Or you have to switch them out everytime.
Logitech 930's
  • Pro
    • Good Sound
    • Comfortable
    • Wireless
    • Macro Buttons
  • Con
    • Awful wireless(constant interference and disconnects.
    • No wired mode, even if you plug them in to charge while using, they still default to wireless with no other option.

So now I'm looking for a new set of 5.1/7.1 with a good mic an astro a40/a50 seem to be my only decent bets.

D

Dude

Buy a nice pair of headphones and a seperate mic. There are even mics you can stick on the side of your headphones.

RivaCom

Forum Master
Staff member
Bronze Donor
Supporter
Can you recommend a headset? I do have a Blue Snowball Mic, would just have to buy a arm for it.

D

Dude

No sorry, I don't know a lot about 7.1 headphones. All I know is that it's better to buy headphones without a mic, they tend to be better/cheaper. I do know Sennheiser would be a brand to look into.

S

SamSkumm

I do know Sennheiser would be a brand to look into.
I had a pair of there headphones years ago, they were really really nice, didnt really game with them but would imagine they would be just as good