Don't forget to vote for our servers! VOTE NOW!
  • This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

**Settings and MOD suggestions** (S+ SETTINGS)

im all for the platforms plus, dino patrol, and builders companion mods (as already mentioned it would be useful when team building). would also like to suggest... utilities plus. it makes parachutes, bolas, flare guns, and grapple hooks and a few other utilities reusable as they should be, imho.

edit: dynamic fences would also be useful

Suggestion/Question: Let me preface this by saying I haven't read this entire forum here. So If I ask or talk about something that has already been addressed I apologize. Anyways, I am a solo player on Ragnarok, and I FINALLY just built the Grinder. 3200 ingots for one dude is a nice chunk of change. Anyways, I was all excited to XP grind but then I realized that a few of the recipes say disabled. In particular the Fiber recipe. I was breaking down Wood into Thatch, Thatch in Fiber. Yet I couldn't do the latter. Some people in game chat were saying it's because A) you can already obtain that resource else where B) that it would make things too easy C) that it's not apart of the official grinder. Now I don't know if these are official answers, or just them spit balling, but that would bring up some logical errors if this is the case. I understand that the server is doing it's best to replicate a near vanilla experience with minor conveniences, but I am pretty sure Official servers don't have a farmer/gardener or item sorter either. Anyways, I admit without hesitation that I don't know the logic or reasoning behind the decisions that are made regarding some of these settings so, there is more than likely some method to your guys madness. lol

Last edited:
Suggestion/Question: Let me preface this by saying I haven't read this entire forum here. So If I ask or talk about something that has already been addressed I apologize. Anyways, I am a solo player on Ragnarok, and I FINALLY just built the Grinder. 3200 ingots for one dude is a nice chunk of change. Anyways, I was all excited to XP grind but then I realized that a few of the recipes say disabled. In particular the Fiber recipe. I was breaking down Wood into Thatch, Thatch in Fiber. Yet I couldn't do the latter. Some people in game chat were saying it's because A) you can already obtain that resource else where B) that it would make things too easy C) that it's not apart of the official grinder. Now I don't know if these are official answers, or just them spit balling, but that would bring up some logical errors if this is the case. I understand that the server is doing it's best to replicate a near vanilla experience with minor conveniences, but I am pretty sure Official servers don't have a farmer/gardener or item sorter either. Anyways, I admit without hesitation that I don't know the logic or reasoning behind the decisions that are made regarding some of these settings so, there is more than likely some method to your guys madness. lol
Interesting, I honestly didn't even know that the S+ grinder had the ability to create fiber. My thinking is that it was disabled originally since it wasn't in the vanilla game and since fiber is such an ubiquitous resource, nobody really seemed to care whether it was enabled or disabled.

I don't see why it's insertion into the servers could not be seriously considered.

Sipowicz

Server Admin
Staff member
Our servers aren't for everyone. We like to maintain a certain level of difficulty to the overall experience of the game. Not to "Waste anyone's time", after all we are playing a "Game". But to keep some sort of semblance of immersion.

The more changes we make, the less ARK this game is.

Even if a disabled feature doesn't seem such a big deal, its about the way the can add up to make this game something it was not intended to be.

Any features we have added that break that ideal are features that were asked for, and supported by the majority of our community.

If other players agree, we can make changes.