Music Saves

F

foo

I'm here today to talk to you about our lord and saviour Jeebus Chrast.

No, not really, I want to talk about music.

I used to be a snob about music when I was younger. I liked what I liked and what other people liked was laughable or just plain shit. It wasn't until I got older and had a rather interesting night on shrooms that I came to the realisation that music is the lifeblood of the universe and that almost all music has value whether you personally like it or not.

You see, everything is music. Literally everything. Whether or not you choose to believe that matters not, everything that exists is a series of vibrations resonating with the universe. The universe is an orchestra that hasn't stopped playing for 13.5 billion years. What you may think of as just noise could be musical fidelity of the highest order to someone else's ears.

Whether it's metal, dance, pop, rock, drone, ambient, new wave, emo, punk, blue grass, jugband, whatever, for someone out there it will be beautiful. Music can save us all, if we only let it.

Now that the philosophical rambling shit is out of the way, wrap your ears around some classic Pink Floyd:

D

Drengarblar

lol I like this guy :) But yea Music is an important part of my life and I'm sure many other peoples lives. That is why I'm in the music industry as a musician :D

F

foo

That is why I'm in the music industry as a musician :D
Sweet man, what do you play? I've never had any musical ability but since I've come to appreciate it so much more I've started learning guitar. I suck though, since as a lifelong gamer my hands are used to being in a mouse & keyboard or controller shape. I can't stretch my fingers to make a C chord :p

D

Drengarblar

I'm a bassist and Drummer :) and don't worry you'll get the hang of it :D

N

NinjaGirl

Hehe soon the callouses will also come, that's when u know ur a true guitarist :) :)

I love that song - ever listen to easy star all stars cover of that album? Dub side of the moon? Very chilled..

Last edited:
F

foo

JA! Bumbaclot etc.

If we're talking reggae/dub I like this one: