Mandatory favourite movie thread

Bootscrapper

V.I.P.
Revenant Member
Revenant Ambassador
Bronze Donor
John Carpenter's The Thing is unquestionably the greatest film ever made.

However since people like to have those troublesome 'opinions' of their own, I'd like to hear what other people consider to be the best.

If anyone says Twilight I will make it my life's mission to kill you every single day.
Me and a friend were discussing this same thing last week and i was making my argument for why John carpenter's The Thing was my favorite movie. so not to copy you i also really love V for Vendetta, and A Clockwork Orange. On the softer side i cant stop watching Fanboys, That movie always puts me in a good mood ( All the nostalgia of the 90's ) i guess

Bootscrapper

V.I.P.
Revenant Member
Revenant Ambassador
Bronze Donor
Has anyone seen dazed and confused with rory cochrane as a kid??
Dazed and confused is the greatest movie ever made that has No Plot and absolutely nothing happens in it. it is insane at how awesome that movie is. The DEPARTED is my favorite Scorsese movie.

D

Drengarblar

All time favourite movie and Actor is Ace Ventura and Jim Carrey. He's the funniest man alive and Ace Ventura PD and WNC were the two best movies ever!

F

foo

Me and a friend were discussing this same thing last week and i was making my argument for why John carpenter's The Thing was my favorite movie.
It's like Tremors, in the sense that the writing, the continuity and the pace are all PERFECT. There's is not one unnecessary scene in the entire movie, and no stupid love interest sub plot either. In fact The Thing is the only movie I can think of, off the top of my head, that features absolutely no women in the cast. And that's not me being sexist here I'm just pointing out that Carpenter always made the movies he wanted to make. The Thing was about a bunch of men in an isolated research station, and the subsequent disaster, there was no need to add in a female character just to provide some kind of distraction.

Also the effects, not a drop of CGI because CGI didn't exist and the effects still look good today, 30 years after it was made.

Honestly, for those who haven't seen it and like claustrophobic horror movies, you should watch it RIGHT FRIGGIN NOW.

Bootscrapper

V.I.P.
Revenant Member
Revenant Ambassador
Bronze Donor
It's like Tremors, in the sense that the writing, the continuity and the pace are all PERFECT. There's is not one unnecessary scene in the entire movie, and no stupid love interest sub plot either. In fact The Thing is the only movie I can think of, off the top of my head, that features absolutely no women in the cast. And that's not me being sexist here I'm just pointing out that Carpenter always made the movies he wanted to make. The Thing was about a bunch of men in an isolated research station, and the subsequent disaster, there was no need to add in a female character just to provide some kind of distraction.

Also the effects, not a drop of CGI because CGI didn't exist and the effects still look good today, 30 years after it was made.

Honestly, for those who haven't seen it and like claustrophobic horror movies, you should watch it RIGHT FRIGGIN NOW.
Your absolutely right. the first transformation scene with the dog in the kennel was one of the best tension building scenes in movie history, you know something is going to happen and don't know what and then when it finally does happen it's a complete WHAT THE FUCK IS THAT moment.

And Carpenter put kurt russell on the map for me, Escape from NY, and Big trouble in little china. i love them all just not quite as much as the thing.