• Yes of course! HOTHOTHOTHOT

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No...just no.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Rexigar

Forum Master
Staff member
I am a huge Final Fantasy fan. However, I wasn't a huge fan of XIII. Usually they are amazing at developing that player to character relationship. In XIII I really didn't care what happened to them, unlike other FF games. I actually found most of the dialogue between characters incredibly annoying and it was full of vague conversations that didn't go anywhere. So many times throughout the game I found myself yelling "Just tell them what's on your mind, instead of beating around the bush!". Then they would continue to whine because they didn't tell them how they felt! It felt like they didn't even try with the dialogue. Sometimes seeing a character build resentment towards another character without confronting them works, in this case (specifically Hope's problem with Snow, no spoilers). I found that whole situation incredibly annoying and drawn out.

I am also very unimpressed with the names they chose for their characters. A couple of them weren't bad but Hope? Snow? Fang? Lame.

I also didn't like how linear the story was. I was hoping to be able to travel where I wanted to go. Similar to FFX where you were able to travel to different locations on the map when you wanted to, once you unlocked the airship.

A lot of the information I have read is saying FFXV is going to be great, but we will see. In the previews i have seen all the characters look the same, so I will wait and see if these characters are going to be forgettable or memorable.

J

Jushi85

haha alright. when i played it i tought it was good game. oh well im gonnna post my new opinnion when i have played the game again on pc next week.

Rexigar

Forum Master
Staff member
You keep posting those opinions. That's the best part. Discussing games some of us like and some of us don't. I'm sure I will be playing the new one. We will have to come back and debate once that one is released.

J

Jushi85

yea my friend said 7 is the best, i have played only one ff game before xiii, and it was 12 or 11 i think, cant remember which one hehe..

what is the newest FF game? or upcoming game?

RivaCom

Forum Master
Staff member
Bronze Donor
Supporter
yea my friend said 7 is the best, i have played only one ff game before xiii, and it was 12 or 11 i think, cant remember which one hehe..

what is the newest FF game? or upcoming game?
Not that their the best, but I would recommend playing the original, just so you know the roots of the FF series. You can get it on a emulator or even purchase most pre FF7 games on android or IOS.

Also Besides recommending 7, Check out the original FF Tatics that was for the PS1.

Rexigar

Forum Master
Staff member
Yes! Final Fantasy Tactics was the best. My only disappointment when playing it was how short the game was. Either that or I put so many hours into it, it just felt like a short period of time.

J

Jushi85

alright guys, FFXIV PC version is gonna be released in 30 mins...soon i'll see whats the game like. :) im kinda nervous and excited at the same time xD and a big LOL it was a 50 gb download...:D

Rexigar

Forum Master
Staff member
We played through FFXIV for a bit. It wasn't a bad game, but I received lag due to a routing issue between my ISP and the game server so I stopped playing.

B

Betreyal

i am playing ff13 and i feel like they didn't really put an efford in character development the voices of some of them are seriously bad. Love the battle system but the story isn't as much as i expect after playing, 7,8 and 9. Feel somehow dissapointed :(

Rexigar

Forum Master
Staff member
i am playing ff13 and i feel like they didn't really put an efford in character development the voices of some of them are seriously bad. Love the battle system but the story isn't as much as i expect after playing, 7,8 and 9. Feel somehow dissapointed :(
Couldn't agree more. The battle system was fun and keeps you on your toes as opposed to the turn based. One part of me though, really does like the turn based combat. The character development though, is lacking very much.