Ragnarok PvP

Sipowicz

Server Admin
Staff member
ARK Admin
SE Admin
So I really wanted to make a separate post for the PvP server. Im worried it is against the posting terms though. since we would be bumping a revenant post essentially twice every day. I will read the rules closer. If its unclear we can just go for it until they start issuing warnings.

Sipowicz

Server Admin
Staff member
ARK Admin
SE Admin
  1. Do not repost server advertisements. Only one advertisement per server is allowed - any duplicate posts will be removed and further reposts may result in a warning being issued. Please only advertise for your own server, unless permission is granted by the server owner.
Looks pretty cut and dry to me. Ill make a separate post for the PvP server tonight

Sipowicz

Server Admin
Staff member
ARK Admin
SE Admin
Get's my vote.
I also think it might help to advertise the PVP Server with it own post on the ARK forums. I would be willing to bump the post daily and so would dude.
OK Ads are made, I posted link in the Server ad/vote and prizes post.

Sipowicz

Server Admin
Staff member
ARK Admin
SE Admin
For the PvP server I wonder if there is any thing more we can do to spark it's activity up. Since moving the cluster to PvE only we have deffintly seen an increase of activity.

How is the performance on the PvP map? You guys seeing a fair amount of users log in to try? Any settings we can alter? Maybe we altered too much?

I still would love to see that map more active.

cappy

Regular
Unfortunately for me, I just don't have any more time I can Invest into the game. However I would be able to provide support and spread the word. For the PvP server I wonder if there is any thing more we can do to spark it's activity up. Since moving the cluster to PvE only we have deffintly seen an increase of activity.

How is the performance on the PvP map? You guys seeing a fair amount of users log in to try? Any settings we can alter? Maybe we altered too much?

I still would love to see that map more active.
We are not seeing many logins sadly Sip.I have bumped the server at all different times trying to reach different timezones but nothing so far.

Sipowicz

Server Admin
Staff member
ARK Admin
SE Admin
We are not seeing many logins sadly Sip.I have bumped the server at all different times trying to reach different timezones but nothing so far.
I will continue to focus on finding what works for PvP. I'll research a few other popular ones I've seen. Might mean some changes so if you guys have some suggestions I'm all ears. Also server wipes could be a thing. We know many PvPers like fresh maps.

The PvE rag sees several new players everyday. Not that they all stick around but many have. I think we're getting exposed, but maybe we lack the PvP recipe players are looking for.

I'm still curious about performance. I'll spend some time on the map when I'm home from vaca to try and determine if that could be hurting us. That server runs on standard hardware not the same machine the other maps are on.

I'll also update our steam post and make a separate post for PvP.

Sipowicz

Server Admin
Staff member
ARK Admin
SE Admin
So ive updated posts for the PvP server, and added posts to Reddit. Hopefully we can get this server to see some more action.

DudeAwesome

Server Admin
Staff member
ARK Admin
Supporter
Might work an set it to go live on release day
I agree, I'd bet a ton of players would be refreshed to see most PvP servers wiped. Makes them feel like they have a chance to play against the Alphas on a level playing ground

Sipowicz

Server Admin
Staff member
ARK Admin
SE Admin
Ok guys.
Our PvP server wipe is right around the corner. Do we want to make any other changes? Different map? Changes to mods? I want to limit S+ a little more. I don't want anything that can take away from the difficulties of PvP (lockable crafting stations). Do we have interest in this still?

DudeAwesome

Server Admin
Staff member
ARK Admin
Supporter
Ok guys.
Our PvP server wipe is right around the corner. Do we want to make any other changes? Different map? Changes to mods? I want to limit S+ a little more. I don't want anything that can take away from the difficulties of PvP (lockable crafting stations). Do we have interest in this still?
I think everything is fairly balanced as is, IMO