The Witcher 3 is OUT!

P

poispois

already played a few minutes on it. Looks super, omg those graphics.
might stream tomorrow or so, so that you guys can see and became addicted just like me :p

RivaCom

Forum Master
Staff member
Bronze Donor
Supporter
I think I own number 1 on steam, I should play through it if I can ever find a minute.

Rexigar

Forum Master
Staff member
I haven't played 1 or 2 and my OCD would prevent me from playing them out of order, if I were to play them :)

P

poispois

the first one is completely different from the other 2 in almost every aspect. It's easy to not like the first if you are not a super fan of the genre.
that said, I recommend all of them ;)

Bootscrapper

V.I.P.
Revenant Member
Revenant Ambassador
Bronze Donor
So i have played it for about 6 hours so far and i am loving it. i only played the second one before, but i've watched a few youtube videos on the story and i feel like i know plenty to understand what's going on in this one. so far i have to say this is the best single player RPG that i have ever played.

Rexigar

Forum Master
Staff member
Boot, have you ever play any of the Dragon Age games? Those are pretty solid single player RPG's. Does this trump it?

If you want a good laugh, check this out.

Bootscrapper

V.I.P.
Revenant Member
Revenant Ambassador
Bronze Donor
Boot, have you ever play any of the Dragon Age games? Those are pretty solid single player RPG's. Does this trump it?

If you want a good laugh, check this out.

yes i played the first Dragon Age and a few hours of Inquisition. i really couldn't get in to either one of them. I can definitely see myself sinking 100+ hours into the witcher. it's one of those games where i am constantly thinking about it even when i'm not playing it. I love watching clueless gamer, Conan is awesome.

P

poispois

in my opinion dragon age is more casual and party based while this is more RPG hardcore/harder and you only have 1 player (the witcher). since on DA you a party it can be more tactical, on witcher the tactical part is done before the big fights since you have to acquire knowledge on your enemy, get potions that might help in the fight, that type of thing.
Both are very good, but still very different in the core aspects.