Staff member
ARK Admin
Supporter

Sipowicz

Server Admin
Staff member
ARK Admin
SE Admin
I'm not opposed to this. Ill look into it a little more. Been super busy lately :(

My concerns will be how easily it can be removed without major impact. Also how often it receives updates. I know how much we all hate downtime :mad:

:D

Ellium

WoW Officer
Staff member
Officer
WoW Team
Sip and Admin team.

I am all for this as well. Grapples are incredibly expensive for one use movement. Sometimes they are necessary to demo structures or build things as well. Like to see this change implemented.

Ellium

WoW Officer
Staff member
Officer
WoW Team
Any discussion from the admins if they care to implement this? I think this is a good change and should be a nice quality of life switch.

Sipowicz

Server Admin
Staff member
ARK Admin
SE Admin
I do like the idea of being able to use grapples in all caves. Seems that is the functionality everyone is looking for. Everyone who wants this added needs to speak up. So far I just don't have enough support to add this mod.

Ellium

WoW Officer
Staff member
Officer
WoW Team
My concern with that there is that there isn't enough traffic to these forums. Most average players that are on our servers haven't even registered and I would imagine even more still wouldn't have even looked at the forums.

Given the brief conversations we have with those active on the server, most are indifferent or support this.

Sipowicz

Server Admin
Staff member
ARK Admin
SE Admin
The only method I have to fairly gauge the need for changes, and make sure they are implemented in a fair way is to hold a discussion. Something I can only do here. I respect when players have wishes, and are passionate about making improvements. However I need more than a few players to be willing to come to the forums and make that case. This would not only show me that it would be a well received change, but also that I wouldn't be wasting my time (adding to the complexity of our configuration for a change not many players care about).

Sipowicz

Server Admin
Staff member
ARK Admin
SE Admin
Ok. This one will take me a little bit of work. Im going to research this mod in and out. Long as i don't find anything we cant live with i will take a vote on adding it to the Island map, and Rag PvE map.

REMEMBER!!! with EACH new mod there is NEW potential for ADDITIONAL server outages.

DudeAwesome

Server Admin
Staff member
ARK Admin
Supporter
Ok. This one will take me a little bit of work. Im going to research this mod in and out. Long as i don't find anything we cant live with i will take a vote on adding it to the Island map, and Rag PvE map.

REMEMBER!!! with EACH new mod there is NEW potential for ADDITIONAL server outages.
Awesome!
I've looked at the mod and it doesn't look like it gets too many updates (Good news, Bad news)

Sipowicz

Server Admin
Staff member
ARK Admin
SE Admin
Hey guys, I haven't forgotten about this idea. Been super busy lately. This is on my list of things to do!

Sipowicz

Server Admin
Staff member
ARK Admin
SE Admin
Ok I like this MOD. We should be able to add this without any adverse effects.

I think the Re-usable bola should be disabled. Having new ones show up in your inventory every-time one gets thrown away (especially considering how useful they already are) seems OP to me.

reusable spears i'm on the fence about. The random breakage was always a pet peeve of mine. Also even with an endless supply of them they are weak sauce.

We'll take a vote on this but this will be a simple majority vote. (more or less a formality and a chance for any that oppose to speak up)

This would be added to Ragnarok PvE, and Island PvPvE.