**VOTE** Baby Cuddle Interval

Select what options best solves the Imprinting issue for you! **READ INFO BELOW**

• Change intervals to 3hrs, and 5hrs. Add nanny

Votes: 6 85.7%
  • Change intervals to 5hrs across the board, no Nanny

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Do nothing

Votes: 1 14.3%

• Total voters

Sipowicz

Server Admin
Staff member
ARK Admin
SE Admin
After doing some more research on this, it turns out the default cuddle interval effects more dinos than we thought.

Solutions:

1. Change Baby Cuddle Multiplier 3hr intervals for the event, and 5hr intervals normally. Also add the S+ Nanny at a 75% cap to help with the long tames.
2. Change Baby Cuddle Multipliers to 5hrs across the board. This allows full imprinting during normal multipliers, but not during events.
3. Do nothing, leave it just like it is.

The following dino's cannot be fully imprinted during our Breeding Frenzy event:
  • Vulture
  • Dimorphodon
  • Carbonemys or Turtle
  • Troodon
  • Oviraptor
  • Dilophosaur
  • Lystrosaurus
  • Dodo
  • Archaeopteryx
  • Gallimimus
  • Pachy
  • Parasaur
  • Kairuku
  • Jerboa
  • Mesopithecus or Monkey
  • Morellatops or Camelsaurus
  • Pegomastax
  • Kaprosuchus
  • Pelagornis
  • Pteranodon
  • Raptor

These are dino's that cannot be imprinted even at our normal rates:

• Carbonemys or Turtle
  • Troodon
  • Oviraptor
  • Dilophosaur
  • Lystrosaurus
  • Dodo
  • Archaeopteryx

Last edited:

Chemayla

Regular
Revenant Member
Supporter
Is there a way to change it just for those dinos. While doing a rex there is no way I can't get up in middle of night 8 hours is even pushing it sometimes. Not sure how nanny works to maybe compensate that? I know with our rates the roo has been pretty worthless for impressions, they too big before first cuddle. As far as lower time that's ok on dinos that dont go overnight.

Maka

Regular
Revenant Member
Chem Nannys inprint the dino for you and works as a trough when they dinos are babies. Its not to op at PVE at all. Just a lifehack, you still need to have power n stuff to the nanny and meat in it so it aint doing all the work for you
I choose option 4.

Darkele

Recruiting
Staff member
ARK Admin
Supporter
I think I am in agreement with Maka on this subject. I would rather try and resolve this issue with a mod we already have installed on the server (S+) then tweak and mess with the server settings or even add another mod for the server to have to update and keep up with. As states before as well, this is ultimately a PVE server, so imo we can be a little more lax when it come to things allowing us a little more leeway with things. It is the exact reason the pull station and the Item collector was enabled.

Hope this post is helpful when it comes to the decision that we enevitably come to :)

0sprey

I honestly don't know what to say, because I believe I'm in a minority of 1 lol... Ark is meant to be a very challenging survival coop - pvp game. The more we stack on mods and multipliers the more we make ark something else; and I can't help but shake the feeling it shifts the game into something to suit a post-ark gameplay for max level players (that is NOT meant as a criticism, just an observation).

On the other hand.... its not a big server, and tribes consist of people with lives lol. Even I think it's a bit much to have to get up in the middle of the night to imprint or feed babies; and not being able to imprint dinos is extremely harsh.

So I think option #4 presents the best option IF.... it's implemented as a choice. Your either A: get up in the middle of the night to feed/imprint with a better imprint timer or B: use s+ nanny but it should have an appropriate material cost (I think its default is salt or tek gen/something along those lines).

Anyways, that's just my cranky 2c from the peanut gallery ;) :) :D

DudeAwesome

Server Admin
Staff member
ARK Admin
Supporter
I'm on the fence about adding the nanny.

This is my thinking on the other solutions.
  • 1. This problem must be addressed. We must do something.
  • 2. An extra mod for such a seemingly small issue doesn't make sense.
aaaaaannnnd​

• 3. The change to either the event's or the normal cuddle timers is too drastic, and basically sets us back at square one before Wildcard changed the default timer to 8hrs.
This leaves the dandy ol' nanny on the table, WHICH, slowly adds imprint bonus until a set limit. HOWEVER! This is not a 100% fix. If a set limit of say, 80%, is set on the nanny, and the cuddle timers are still 8hrs, these dinos that have really short breeding times will STILL only get 80% imprint.

Now, with that said, that makes leaving the cuddle timers AROUND the clock at 5hrs, another choice and might be considered. This allows all dinos to be imprinted on our normal 3x rates and and only a few NOT able to be imprinted on the 5x.

-187- ŽΣĠǺŅ

Staff
Staff member
ARK Admin
Supporter
Id say do the nanny. Then ppl can opt out of not using if they want harder raising. Its not op for pve and just helps ppl with real life too. If stuff comes up your dinos dont die instantly, they still have a chance to survive and get imprinted

Chemayla

Regular
Revenant Member
Supporter
MATS:
250 × Cementing Paste
100 × Hide
50 × Human Hair
100 × Metal Ingot

• Acts as feeding trough for baby-stage creatures.
  • Will periodically provide 1% imprint to nearby, non-adult creatures. An upper cap can be set in the server settings.
  • Can place Preserving Salt in inventory.