This really makes me want to play the old republic again

Rexigar

Forum Master
Staff member
Boot, if you wanted to Start a Rev guild in SWTOR by all means go right ahead. The more divisions and games we can expand into the better imo.

P

poispois

Is the game free to play? What's the system work here? I never played it and usually I'm not a fan of mom's but I'm a fan of star wars! I might give it a try...

Rexigar

Forum Master
Staff member
@poispois The Free to Play model isn't great for late game stuff, but for beginners and those who want to experience the story it will be worth it. Plus getting you nerd on and Lightsabering stuff is epic haha.

P

poispois

I guess I can give it a try since its free.
Any suggestions of a good class for a noob?

All the experience I have on mmo's is on lineage 2 and mostly as mage (dark elf)

Rexigar

Forum Master
Staff member
I think it would depend on what you want to do combat wise. Troopers use Blaster Rifles and Huge Blaster machine guns. Smugglers use daggers or single handed blasters, Jedi Knights use either a single lightsaber or 2 lightsabers, Jedi Consular's use either a single lightsaber or a double sided lightsaber like Darth Maul.

Check this out.

http://www.swtor.com/holonet/classes

Bootscrapper

V.I.P.
Revenant Member
Revenant Ambassador
Bronze Donor
Yea pois. Rexigar broke it down pretty good. i would however recommend starting out with a straight up DPS class first, while you are learning the mechanics of the game and the roles of the players. this leaves you with two options, ranged DPS or Melee DPS. the advantage this game has over most other MMO's for me is 1 STAR WARS nuff said and 2 the story line/ leveling grind is very enjoyable. it's all voice over dialog scenes where you get to make decisions that affect how things play out.

Now this is my own opinion but to me MMO's seem like 2 games in one. the first is just starting a character out and leveling them up 1 to whatever level cap happens to be depending one the expansion. which is usually the boring part of the game. and 2 End Game content this is where you start grouping up with people to attack harder stuff that rewards you with better gear and weapons. once i hit this point of these games it becomes much more enjoyable for me. in other words i love grinding for gear not XP.

P

poispois

I think that maybe i'll go with Jedi Knight to start and then go to Sentinel (probably)

Bootscrapper

V.I.P.
Revenant Member
Revenant Ambassador
Bronze Donor
make sure you jump on the jedi covenant server. i am currently leveling a sith warrior

Bootscrapper

V.I.P.
Revenant Member
Revenant Ambassador
Bronze Donor
Either one you want. i have a character on both i'm just mainly using my dark side character right now. you have to be on the same side to play together.

P

poispois

ok if i start this i would like to play with everyone so we need to pick a side. I don't mind going dark side. They are both valid points to the force and neither is perfect ;)

Rexigar

Forum Master
Staff member
Also Pois you can play on the Empire side and still make Light side decisions during the quests. So you can choose how Evil or Good your character is regardless of Faction you play. Just an FYI.

Oneknife

Famous
Revenant Member
Revenant Ambassador
Ive been playing on and off. Myself and a coupla friends will be returning soon to play the last and the new content. We played the last "expansion" and it was awesome..... I have some of my characters at 60 now and looking forward to the upcoming stuff..

B

Behold_Galvatron

Should be setting up a subscription this week so I should have my sith healer up at max lvl for the new content