[Spoilers] Game of Thrones

P

poispois

No No, the point being is that, Jamie isn't around to defend her.
I have no problem with cersei on her breaking point, that part is mostly like the books and I like itm it's well crafted, the different being that in the books it's jaime that leaves, and "refuses" cersei.
My problem is with him going to Dorne. His trip there serves no point expect cersei's. and you shouldn't have to sacrifice 1 character plus a nation just for cersei. It's pretty much implied that cersei was doing down since the beginning.

Actually the purple wedding was the big event last season and was only a few episodes in.
still, like I said, i know there are plenty of big events during the season, but one always happens at episode 9!

Writers love personal attachment. Walking Dead is a big example of this. Eventually you know some of those beloved characters will die and they have died. They want you upset because for some odd reason, even after being mad at a event, we still come back and watch it to learn more. This is exactly what they continue to do.
and like I said, I have no problem with characters dying, just as long as they have a reason. I might be wrong but in my opinion you cant setup someone a certain way to just change that character principals that fast.
And i'll even say this, that scene in the book I could really see happening. in the books Stannis is a son of a b**ch who only wants to be on the throne and doesn't care how he gets there, something completely different from the series.

Bootscrapper

V.I.P.
Revenant Member
Revenant Ambassador
Bronze Donor
Yes the reason that jamie is in Dorne is because they didn't want him to be around in kings landing for the cersie fiasco. they sent him to Dorne in the show because they already had a storyline going on in dorne with marcilla, which means they already had the actors and locations. to send him where he went in the books would be more actors and more locations. and that means more money. it really sucks Pois, and i agree with a lot of the points that you made but to do the show just like the books would have been too expensive. the deaths don't bother me i kinda expected stannis to kill shereen, i just didn't expect it to be like that. and that is still one of those events that still could happen in the books.

as far as Sansa goes the rape scene was a little over the top but it's one of those things i feel like they needed to do it just because they already had them getting married. so if you have ramsey and sansa getting married and then ramsey spares her the consummation of the marriage then it makes ramsey look either weak or that he does have a soft spot that can be exploited. now the way that it happened didn't have to be like that. honestly we didn't even have to see it, it could have just been one of those morning after scenes where sansa tells someone what happened. another thing that i was thinking about with the two of them is if sansa actually ends up pregnant.

did anyone else notice that the CG for Drogon when he was flying in was terrible. but when he was fighting the harpeys and flying out with danny it looked a lot better?

P

poispois

Yes the reason that jamie is in Dorne is because they didn't want him to be around in kings landing for the cersie fiasco. they sent him to Dorne in the show because they already had a storyline going on in dorne with marcilla, which means they already had the actors and locations. to send him where he went in the books would be more actors and more locations. and that means more money. it really sucks Pois, and i agree with a lot of the points that you made but to do the show just like the books would have been too expensive. the deaths don't bother me i kinda expected stannis to kill shereen, i just didn't expect it to be like that. and that is still one of those events that still could happen in the books.

as far as Sansa goes the rape scene was a little over the top but it's one of those things i feel like they needed to do it just because they already had them getting married. so if you have ramsey and sansa getting married and then ramsey spares her the consummation of the marriage then it makes ramsey look either weak or that he does have a soft spot that can be exploited. now the way that it happened didn't have to be like that. honestly we didn't even have to see it, it could have just been one of those morning after scenes where sansa tells someone what happened. another thing that i was thinking about with the two of them is if sansa actually ends up pregnant.

did anyone else notice that the CG for Drogon when he was flying in was terrible. but when he was fighting the harpeys and flying out with danny it looked a lot better?
I know that he couldn't stay in with cersei so to dorne it is, and I also understand that they couldn't do his real story and thats ok (kinda), but my problem is that his trip to dorne is a waste of time, like his character is doing "nothing" there and it made dorne look like a "not so interesting" country.

I completely agree with what you said about sansa. there was no surprise in what he did, you had plenty of background telling you he would do that or even worse. But the scene itself it was made simple to "shock and awe", it's one for those scene where you can see that they are only worried about making money and not actually with the quality of the series... too much in my opinion.

I also thought about her getting pregnant, if she is it will be completely different from the books.

shereen dying in the books like that is almost impossible. I have seen people talk about this and I agree that it might make some sense for it in the books. unfortunately they are in completely different places right now. stannis is about to attack winterfel and shereen is still in castle black (stannis leaves her there in the books). Besides that in the books Stannis says at one point that he won't have any more fires like that because most of his army are disbelievers to the fire god and so if he killed shereen like that it would only demoralize his army even more.