**Settings and MOD suggestions** (S+ SETTINGS)

Gandhi

Where did the shoutbox go from the main page? I'm loading the website in both Firefox and Chrome, I don't see it anywhere :(

I can't connect to the PvE Ark server after the 1.8 gb update, and just wanted to know live if anyone knew about it.

DudeAwesome

Server Admin
Staff member
ARK Admin
Supporter
Hi!
I was wondering if we could get Gamma adjustment for the Island. It really makes things easier.

Sipowicz

Server Admin
Staff member
ARK Admin
SE Admin
Gamma should already be enabled. Some settings may need to be re-adjusted since switching back to PvP mode. Ill be going through settings this weekend.

midgetbecool

Regular
Revenant Member
I think the Medieval Architecture mod and/or the Primal Fear mod should be added to the Island Map. Maybe bring some new traffic that direction but still keep the original vibe in the more trendy maps.

Night

Regular
Revenant Member
Hi, new here and I ran into an issue where a foundation was obstructed and I was unable to lift it. Would you allow for the S+ Demo gun? The item just lifts it and adds it to your inventory. Very helpful for structures that collide with terrain that blocks lifting.

Night

Regular
Revenant Member
Suggestion I posted earlier about custom loot crates. Mainly just to remove redundant BPs and to utilize for an event.

Any chance we could remove redundant BP from drops? With S+ and the amount of Pipe BPs I get, it's almost not worth it unless you can get to the surface. No mod needed, all info for Custom Loot Crates right here.
https://survivetheark.com/index.php?/forums/topic/65930-tutorial-modify-loot-crate-contents-v242/

And here is an example of how easy it is,
https://www.reddit.com/r/playark/comments/4mzhnu/copypaste_supply_crate_setup/

Would also like to suggest an event for Aberration.
The idea would be for a super charged Loot Crate day, for 24 hours loot crates respawns are decreased but have an increased chance to drop ascendant gear/bps. The only the catch is, during this time, WPvP around Loot crates is encouraged.​

Sipowicz

Server Admin
Staff member
ARK Admin
SE Admin
Hi, new here and I ran into an issue where a foundation was obstructed and I was unable to lift it. Would you allow for the S+ Demo gun? The item just lifts it and adds it to your inventory. Very helpful for structures that collide with terrain that blocks lifting.
We did have a discussion about the demo Gun. I will take another look at that feature. Its cuts pretty close to our "Official Feel" line to me.

Suggestion I posted earlier about custom loot crates. Mainly just to remove redundant BPs and to utilize for an event.

Any chance we could remove redundant BP from drops? With S+ and the amount of Pipe BPs I get, it's almost not worth it unless you can get to the surface. No mod needed, all info for Custom Loot Crates right here.
https://survivetheark.com/index.php?/forums/topic/65930-tutorial-modify-loot-crate-contents-v242/

And here is an example of how easy it is,
https://www.reddit.com/r/playark/comments/4mzhnu/copypaste_supply_crate_setup/

Would also like to suggest an event for Aberration.
The idea would be for a super charged Loot Crate day, for 24 hours loot crates respawns are decreased but have an increased chance to drop ascendant gear/bps. The only the catch is, during this time, WPvP around Loot crates is encouraged.​
These are GREAT ideas. I have considered the custom drops, however it does take some time to set up in terms of choosing which items/blueprints to add.

.... Like a... "Loot Crate Battle"? I like this idea. We could run this on the island as well since its also PvPvE. Just need to make sure we have a good way to keep players informed... "Watch out if your eye'in that crate home boy". Also until I can Figure out how to write scripts that turn these events on and off, Id like to try and keep the Schedule/frequency simple. Helps us control the admin work load.

Once i get bearings set on the upcoming server ill put some more thought into this loot crate event. I could use some help coming up with what we need to add to our loot drops.

Night

Regular
Revenant Member
We did have a discussion about the demo Gun. I will take another look at that feature. Its cuts pretty close to our "Official Feel" line to me.
I do agree, perhaps it can be set so anything damaged can't be lifted until repaired, like how it works with S+ manual option to lift.

Night

Regular
Revenant Member
I would like to put up the argument of activating the S+ Collector and by sharing my mentality behind why it isn't as game breaking is some think, I will encourage some discussion and hopefully sway opinion.

So in the past, before S+ collector we had, for lack of a better term, Dodo farms.
Dodo farms were used to massively produce poop, to create fertilizer. Dodo farms were not max 150s, or strong or tough, they were just a means to an end, and that end was 50+ Dodos in a hut. This allowed the player to log in and find an endless line of poop at the cost of a 2min tame and additional server usage. This also applied to any dino that produced a desired kibble, and with imprinting, that became many dinos.

Along came S+ Collector, this allowed players forgo Dodo farms, and for kibble, dropped the need of 30 Pulmonoscorpius to 5; granting the same result. That being said, the S+ Collector didn't change the way you played, you still needed eggs and to tame the required dinos, it just reduces clutter and improved server performance.

So I guess the question is... does looking out over a massive laggy pen of Dinos you will never ride, worth keeping this Engram disabled?

And I say this as I am about to go tame 30 Carbonemys for Karkinos.

Last edited:

FghtnSpanurd

Battlefield Officer
Staff member
Officer
ARK Admin
I see your point with the S+ collector but at the same time i guess i have always had a kibble farm and kinda used to it haha it adds another task you have to do in order to achieve the next level, an added thing that takes a little extra work to make things easier in the long run instead of it being easy from the start. I like taming the low lvl dinos still not cause i like tamin low lvls but its how i find some really great ones as well, because WE ALL know this instance right here- HEY has anyone seen a high level "fill in the blank"(fitb), everyone says no, you spend an hour or two searching the whole map and you get arked, nothing to be found, your pissed you wasted time, next day you think screw it im not doing that again just going to work on my kibble farm today, go out looking for a level 15 "fitb", first dino you find of that type is 140- ark knows when your looking for something specifically. I know an eleborate story there but its the reason i like having to tame kibble dinos because it forces me to go look for dinos in those instances lol just my two cents on that. add the fact though having to work for your kibble makes it more rewarding when you get enough to get that perfect tame breeder.

Lady Zataku

Revenant Member
I would love to see the medieval architecture at least on Ragnarok, I've played with it before and it is very nice looking and fun. The boats from it are great and I love the building style you can do with it.

Sipowicz

Server Admin
Staff member
ARK Admin
SE Admin
I would love to see the medieval architecture at least on Ragnarok, I've played with it before and it is very nice looking and fun. The boats from it are great and I love the building style you can do with it.
We can take a look into this. At the moment we are working on opening a new PvP server. We have one more big plan were trying to sort after that, at some point i will take a look this mod Idea

DudeAwesome

Server Admin
Staff member
ARK Admin
Supporter
I vote we add the Force Fix Dino mod so we can breed Rock Drakes....I want mutations!!!

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1123851474

Aberration or Ragnarok servers would be good, doesnt matter which
Seems cool. The only problems I see are as follows:

1. Classic Flyers. If we DO decide to use CF as the medium for drake breeding, we will be required to make all drakes classic, which I'm not sure is something we want, eg. more stam, lvl-able speed, MORE transfer issues, and last and most importantly, the overpopulation bug in case that exists for the drake trench. Drakes seem well balanced ATM

2.Force Fix. Seems like a decent mod, not too many updates, thing is it can also be used on wyverns and griffins which if bred, would become unstoppable apex monsters. *shrugs*.

Last edited:
Well no one has posted anything here for some time, might as well :D i love playing ark specially with all the tweaks the Rev server have is just perfect. how ever given that ark is a very easy game to mod i think there are some other mods out there that could fit right into the server. i picked a few for you to consider some of them, the more options more chances, after all we tried the Reusable hooks and it crashes the server xD. well here's the list of mod that i think would be good to have as they do not add anything too OP, mind you im thinking PVE here, PVP not sure if this qualifies.

1. MRRadTools.INC Content Pack: Has some good structures that can easy replace that horrible behemoth wall around your base.
2. Castles, Keeps, and Forts Medieval Architecture: same as the other but in a more "GOT" way ;).
3. Builder's Companion: basically this adds something that should have been part of the original game, allows you to see the item or structure your tribemate is about to place down, making building with your tribe mate much more fun, since they will be able to tell you when something sticks out or isn't aligned properly.
4. Dynamic Fence System : tittle says it all. add a dynamic modern looking fence that allows you to build it around your base and dont have to worry about leaving gaps that you will have to cover with 20 stone walls, specially when using behemoth gates.
5. Dino Patrol System : Last but not least, this mod allows you to put those dinos that have been sitting in your base collecting dust to a good use, this mods allows you to place a checkpoint system that allows you to assign any tame and have follow that specific path, you can set a pack of wolf to follow the perimeter fence and pretty much patrol your base, basically like "wandering" but without the hassle of having your tames disappear into oblivion.

That's just some of the mods that can spice things up a bit, most of the building mods i mentioned, are to help with lag, since for example "Castle,keeps, and forts, uses bigger meshes for its structures there fore reducing the amount of objects you have to load everytime. no more 2 miles long 4 walls tall fences, that do nothing but to lag you into the nether! :D!