**Settings and MOD suggestions** (S+ SETTINGS)

Sipowicz

Server Admin
Staff member
ARK Admin
SE Admin
Use this thread to start discussion about potential MOD/Setting changes. Keep in mind that any new mods COULD have a negative impact on server stability, and if we do choose to install any more mods we will be very selective based on the mods level of support.

Advanced Cluster Settings:
  • Official Difficulty = 5
  • Max Plaform Saddle Structures = 175
  • Platform Structure Limit increased 1.375x
  • Multiple Tamed Unicorns Allowed on Ragnarok
  • Unconnected "Water Pipe" will be automatically destroyed
  • Loot Crates can spawn on top of structures
  • Hit Markers Enabled
  • Cross-Hairs Enabled
  • Third Person Camera Enabled
  • Map Player Location Enabled
  • Flying Stamina Recovery Enabled
  • Flyer Carry Enabled
Structures Plus Settings:

Our primary reason for adding S+ was for the improvements to building mechanics, and additional structures. However we don't agree with all of the added convenience/redundant features. Many of them over simplify intended game mechanics, and we don't want that. We have heavily customized S+ to to ensure our servers maintain a Vanilla feel to them.

We appreciate player input. If you dont like a settting feel free to ask about it here, or in Discord

**DISCLAIMER** S+ is frequently updated. Some changes can be put in game before we admins are able to research/remove them. So be AWARE settings/features are subject to change at ANYTIME!
  • Default Door Config = 2 (S+ doors default to manual)
  • Slot counts match Vanilla containers/stations
  • Auto-Crafter Slot Count = 350
  • Item-Collector Range In Foundations = 20
  • Farmer Range In Foundations = 15
  • Nanny Range In Foundations = 10
  • Dino scanning is disabled
  • Cross team teleport is disabled
  • Item-Collector poop distribution is disable
  • S+ engrams disabled:
    • Animal Tender
    • AutoTurret
    • TEK AutoTurret
    • Rocket
    • Cannon
    • Ballista
    • Bee Hive Plus
    • Blueprint Maker
    • Campfire Plus
    • Compost Bin Plus
    • Cooking Pot Plus
    • Demo Gun
    • Insulation Negotiator
    • Land Claimer
    • Light Setter
    • Mortar Pestle Plus
    • Personal Teleporter
    • PlusRemote
    • Preserving Bin Plus
    • Repair Gun
    • Resource Puller
    • S+ X-Plant Seed
    • SheepHerder
    • Turret Configurator
    • Transfer Gun
    • Transfer Tool
    • Tree Sap Tap Plus
    • Wind Turbine Plus
    • Underwater Tool
    • Grinder Engrams disabled:
      • Prime Fish
      • Prime Meat
      • Tree-Sap
      • Spoiled Fish
      • Spoiled Meat
      • Salt
      • Silk
      • Preserving Salt
      • Clay
      • Fiber
      • Crystal
      • Green Gem
      • Blue Gem
      • Red Gem

Last edited:

Rexigar

Forum Master
Staff member
I personally think building in the 2x taming, harvest and experience is a great idea. Before I felt taming took too long for new players (me) who didn't have access to things like Kibble, but now I feel like I can log in, tame something and log out and feel accomplished.. I'd also be ok if it were just taming and harvesting too. The Experience I'm not too worried about. So far the server is a great place to play and I'm having a blast. Well done Sip!

Sipowicz

Server Admin
Staff member
ARK Admin
SE Admin
I could've swore I had read that somewhere..... :/
I did read that if you purchased the game on one platform, the licence was good for the other... or something of that nature. But actual cross-platform multiplayer, nothing.

JamesBond.wg

Regular
Revenant Member
Supporter
I suggest changing the default affected spawn distance from builds from 15 foundations to 10. Therefore a large harvest area won't be completely annihilated with specific builds and the total affected area of builds out in the open would be 20 foundations instead of 30. ~Bond

Sipowicz

Server Admin
Staff member
ARK Admin
SE Admin
I suggest changing the default affected spawn distance from builds from 15 foundations to 10. Therefore a large harvest area won't be completely annihilated with specific builds and the total affected area of builds out in the open would be 20 foundations instead of 30. ~Bond
I will look into this!

JamesBond.wg

Regular
Revenant Member
Supporter
I would like to suggest changing the way spikes deal with wild Dino's. Far too often do I get wild Rex's, Raptors, and Sabers stuck in my spikes or glitch through my spikes, who eventually piss off my Dino's and causes a mess in my yard. Would love to see spikes inflict damage on wilds upon contact. That is all.

* By default Spike Walls do not damage wild dinosaurs upon contact.
* Setting the Game.ini option bPassiveDefensesDamageRiderlessDinos to true allows riderless dinosaurs to take damage upon contact.

~Source: http://ark.gamepedia.com/Metal_Spike_Wall

Sipowicz

Server Admin
Staff member
ARK Admin
SE Admin
I would like to suggest changing the way spikes deal with wild Dino's. Far too often do I get wild Rex's, Raptors, and Sabers stuck in my spikes or glitch through my spikes, who eventually piss off my Dino's and causes a mess in my yard. Would love to see spikes inflict damage on wilds upon contact. That is all.

* By default Spike Walls do not damage wild dinosaurs upon contact.
* Setting the Game.ini option bPassiveDefensesDamageRiderlessDinos to true allows riderless dinosaurs to take damage upon contact.

~Source: http://ark.gamepedia.com/Metal_Spike_Wall
So wild dinos that are not attacking will not be damaged by spikes, once they attack, the spikes will do damage. In the current setting tamed dinos "Should" be protected from spike damage unless they are mounted. I believe this setting would change that as well.

JamesBond.wg

Regular
Revenant Member
Supporter
Even when the wild Dino's try attacking me while stuck on the spikes, they take in zero damage. So then they just sit there until either they get the attention of my Dino's, or glitch through and inside my walls. It's a PITA. Regarding tamed Dino's, I think it might affect them too if setting was changed.

midgetbecool

Regular
Revenant Member
Even when the wild Dino's try attacking me while stuck on the spikes, they take in zero damage. So then they just sit there until either they get the attention of my Dino's, or glitch through and inside my walls. It's a PITA. Regarding tamed Dino's, I think it might affect them too if setting was changed.
But I did like using the spikes when I was a noob, to do the dirty work of killing the wild dinos that were agroed to me so I could eat.

FghtnSpanurd

Battlefield Officer
Staff member
Officer
ARK Admin
I mentioned this in the game chat a few days ago but I would like to see if people would be interested in having structures+ added to the server. I think being able to change snap points and move buildings would be really useful and we would see some really creative builds for bases. If you would like to see it added or not added post a reply please!!

DudeAwesome

Server Admin
Staff member
ARK Admin
Supporter
I mentioned this in the game chat a few days ago but I would like to see if people would be interested in having structures+ added to the server. I think being able to change snap points and move buildings would be really useful and we would see some really creative builds for bases. If you would like to see it added or not added post a reply please!!
I am fully on-board with this idea. Aye!

JamesBond.wg

Regular
Revenant Member
Supporter
Another Suggestion from myself and a few others: We would like to see Breeding Rates altered. Default rates on something like a Giga is almost completely infeasible without tribemates when you factor in something like 28 straight hours just for the baby maturation phaseScreenshot_2017-01-27-14-55-40.png

Sipowicz

Server Admin
Staff member
ARK Admin
SE Admin
https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=731604991

Looks pretty good. Will research this some more!

Sipowicz

Server Admin
Staff member
ARK Admin
SE Admin
Another Suggestion from myself and a few others: We would like to see Breeding Rates altered. Default rates on something like a Giga is almost completely infeasible without tribemates when you factor in something like 28 straight hours just for the baby maturation phaseView attachment 234
I Definitely want to do something with breeding. It makes no sense for it to take as long as it does, especially with the new rates on everything else.

JamesBond.wg

Regular
Revenant Member
Supporter
Hope nobody else has Atlantic Broadband, seeing as all their services are completely down due to maintenance. Wish they would've notified the customers. I wasn't on my Ptera or anything... Fucktards. Been 45 minutes so far. Sigh.

Last edited: