Reign Of Kings

N

NinjaGirl

Hi so I noticed a few people playing this & has caught my eye!!

As I am very busy (*cough cough*) I dont have time to read reviews & Rexigar gave me an overview of the game sounds amazing!

Can you tell me what you like and what you don't like about this??

@Skully @Rexigar @RivaCom

Rexigar

Forum Master
Staff member
When we first started we just joined the public servers. Playing on these servers would have been fine if we had no lives or jobs and could play all day. @Jason @RivaCom and I probably put 15 hours into gathering materials and crafting a cool base secluded on the coastal mountain range. We wanted to try and stay away from the main PvP action since we couldn't be on the defend our base while at work, etc. We logged in the next day and we were all dead and our base was 99% destroyed. The only thing left was the floor. This was a bummer but I also knew it was that type of game. Your player stays in the world when you log out. Then we tried to find a server with a bit more organization.

Dislikes:
-Base & Player is left vulnerable since you can't be online 24/7
-Potential for server wipes as they continue to release builds for the game. It is in early access after all.

-Ability to customize and craft your own base
-Medieval theme & Medieval Warfare
-Graphics
-I actually like that you can't physically dig into the earth like in Minecraft. You can gather resources and only build upon the land.
-Trebuchet's and Ballista's
-Dungeons and Torture devices you can rope other players and drag them into
-You can create a guild and place a crest. This gives you a certain amount of space where only people in your guild can build.
-Crafting System

All that being said we decided to find a server with a few more rules so we wouldn't be murdered every time we logged off. The server we are on now has no KOS during the day unless you first talk to the person. You can full on KOS if you go to war with another guild or it's night time. Then in order to siege someone else's claimed land they have to be online so it's an actual battle and not just people running around griefing. If more people are interested I can provide all of the rules.

N

NinjaGirl

We were talking about this 24/7 base thing the other day - so having an EU / US group to watch would probably be the best thing?

They aren't location locked im right in saying? i.e EU to US no probs?

Thanks for that @Rexigar thats a really really great overview

OMG TORTURE? Why didnt you say! Definitely want this now, main reason I am looking for ARK is to harvest people and their faeces :)

So player v player interaction is important - Have you had any significant run ins with people yet??

Rexigar

Forum Master
Staff member
I don't believe it's region locked. I can get the IP for you when I get home. You can create dungeon cages, gallows, stocks, guillotines, etc. Put people in them and murder them lol.

I've only had one interaction with a player that resulted in combat. I have talked to other players who I had no beef with. We were building and Dwimly goes, "are you the naked dude?". I had a full set of steel armor on and said no. So I went on our wall to look and saw a guy, then immediately fell off the wall into the water next to him. He smacked me a couple times with his wooden club and I drew my great sword. He started running and I busted out spears and threw the first hitting him in the leg. Then I through the second through his back and killed him lol.

N

NSH4RPY

Nothing more fun that putting someone on trial to determine there fate, i played on a heavy RP server for a while and nothing more satisfying than sending your enemies to the gallows haha

N

NinjaGirl

I don't believe it's region locked. I can get the IP for you when I get home. You can create dungeon cages, gallows, stocks, guillotines, etc. Put people in them and murder them lol.

I've only had one interaction with a player that resulted in combat. I have talked to other players who I had no beef with. We were building and Dwimly goes, "are you the naked dude?". I had a full set of steel armor on and said no. So I went on our wall to look and saw a guy, then immediately fell off the wall into the water next to him. He smacked me a couple times with his wooden club and I drew my great sword. He started running and I busted out spears and threw the first hitting him in the leg. Then I through the second through his back and killed him lol.
OMG that sounds just epic! Haha definitely will be bringing some people to the Gallows

Do you know where the phrase "Cruel & Unusual" Comes from? Back in the day when people were being hung on the gallows they had to stand on a platform before hanging, once the platform dropped it swung back and broke their ankles as wel as hanging - cruel & unusual!

Rexigar

Forum Master
Staff member
Remind me not to get on your bad side. Once you get the game let me know and I will hook you up with the info.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

N

NinjaGirl

Remind me not to get on your bad side. Once you get the game let me know and I will hook you up with the info.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Paid on Thursday so I will probably pick up then! :)

Mwhaha :) Did you see what happens when you cross Rev? we held a siege last night :)

RivaCom

Forum Master
Staff member
Bronze Donor
Supporter
I think it has the possibility to be very good, but it needs a lot of stuff.