Server Admin
Staff member
ARK Admin
Supporter
Okay so this will take a few min.

Players: Max 3 Tribe - Max 1 Alliance

Map: Aberration

Uploads/Downloads:
  • Aberration Dino Only - To and From (this allows for players to utilize Ragnarok Tek unlocks)
  • Player To and From
  • Items do not transfer
Rates
  • 5x Experience and Gather - 8x Everything Else
Ruleset
Removal of the vE settings
No Pillar Stacking or Foundation Sinking
Admin Logging Enabled

Raiding Rights
  • Only tribes with Metal and/or Turrets can be raided or participate in raiding
  • This creates a small buffer and prevents abuse, keep in mind this does not prevent WPvP kills
  • Players who choose to stay in stone may be raided but no C4 or Rockets maybe used. (This is just to prevent delaying progression or attempting to make there visit a PvE one.
  • No foundation wiping, but plundering for hidden storage is allowed within reason
  • Raiding the same tribe 2 nights in a row is not allowed.
  • All raids must be completed with in a 12 hour period.
  • Offline raiding is allowed but I do suggest ORP Structures HP x5
There is two exceptions to raiding rights, proximity and resources.
A verbal warning in general that you are too close by the dominate tribe is required and should suffice, if it dose not then it is up to the dominate tribe on how to best protect their space.
Violation of the Raiding Rights will result in a DestroyTribeDinos as the penalty.
Addons (shameless copy best + edit)
PvP Settings:

• DisableResourcePulling=false
  • ResourcePullRangeInFoundations=5
  • DefaultDoorConfig=2 (S+ doors default to manual)
  • Slot counts match Vanilla containers/stations
S+ engrams disabled: (Notable changes - Gardner, Farmer, S+ Collector, TEK Generator)
  • Animal Tender
  • AutoTurret
    • TEK AutoTurret
    • Rocket
    • Cannon
    • Ballista
  • Bee Hive Plus
  • Blueprint Maker
  • Campfire Plus
  • Compost Bin Plus
  • Cooking Pot Plus
  • Demo Gun
  • Euthanasia Gun
  • Genomics Chamber
  • Hatchery
  • Insulation Negator
  • Land Claimer
  • Light Setter
  • Mortar Pestle Plus
  • Nanny
  • Personal Teleporter
  • PlusRemote
  • Preserving Bin Plus
  • Repair Gun
  • Resource Puller
  • S+ X-Plant Seed
  • SheepHerder
  • Turret Configurator
  • Transfer Gun
  • Tree Sap Tap Plus
  • Transfer Tool
  • Wind Turbine Plus
  • Underwater Tool
  • Beer Barrel Plus
  • Chem Bench Plus
  • Cloning Chamber Plus
  • Fabricator Plus
  • Forge Plus
  • Fireplace Plus
  • Feeding Trough Plus
  • Fridge Plus
  • Grinder Plus
  • Industrial Cooker Plus
  • Industrial Forge Plus
  • Industrial Grill Plus
  • Large/Small Storage Bin
  • Metal/Stone Water Tank
  • Replicator Plus
  • Smithy Plus
  • Tek Force Field
  • Teleporter Plus
  • Transmitter Plus
  • Visibility Tool
  • Vessel Plus
So, a lot of players have shown dislike in the fact of no transfer to Aberration from the Island and Ragnarok, including myself.

The PvP idea for Aberration was proposed to appease that PvP "itch" that alot of PvE'ers get over time, from the long extensive boring play of same ol' same ol', not to mention to bring growth to our community as a whole.
Now, as my good old man has always told me, "When you walk into a room, 2% love you, 2% hate you and the other 96% couldn't care less." This same principal can be applied to the Ab server. PvE'ers have become uneasy and a bit angry, knowing that they could wake up the next morning with nothing left. This I believe will fix itself with time since I KNOW the people from Revenant are all here as friends who like to hang out with one another. Sure, feathers will be ruffled in the PvP, I mean it's PvP, and that fact is unavoidable.
I'm optimistic in the community's acceptance of new gameplay.

Just my 2 cents.

But the reason I'm here is this, PvP is set up to flourish on the Ab server. Some simply don't want to participate in the PvP, and will only defend and no more. These peeps are going to be the PvE'ers more than likely, who want only to either, enjoy Ab in it's full glory, or get the end game content. I think if we allow those who have done all the boss fights and have done the grinding for the element, should be rewarded with bringing in some stuffs, eg. Transmitters (beacons are pains to catch on Aberration). Since the the Ab server is on higher rates, I don't see the harm in allowing transfers INTO the higher rate map, since the DLC of Aberration has been built around it being 100% open transfers to other maps.

So, a lot of players have shown dislike in the fact of no transfer to Aberration from the Island and Ragnarok, including myself.

The PvP idea for Aberration was proposed to appease that PvP "itch" that alot of PvE'ers get over time, from the long extensive boring play of same ol' same ol', not to mention to bring growth to our community as a whole.
Now, as my good old man has always told me, "When you walk into a room, 2% love you, 2% hate you and the other 96% couldn't care less." This same principal can be applied to the Ab server. PvE'ers have become uneasy and a bit angry, knowing that they could wake up the next morning with nothing left. This I believe will fix itself with time since I KNOW the people from Revenant are all here as friends who like to hang out with one another. Sure, feathers will be ruffled in the PvP, I mean it's PvP, and that fact is unavoidable.
I'm optimistic in the community's acceptance of new gameplay.

Just my 2 cents.

But the reason I'm here is this, PvP is set up to flourish on the Ab server. Some simply don't want to participate in the PvP, and will only defend and no more. These peeps are going to be the PvE'ers more than likely, who want only to either, enjoy Ab in it's full glory, or get the end game content. I think if we allow those who have done all the boss fights and have done the grinding for the element, should be rewarded with bringing in some stuffs, eg. Transmitters (beacons are pains to catch on Aberration). Since the the Ab server is on higher rates, I don't see the harm in allowing transfers INTO the higher rate map, since the DLC of Aberration has been built around it being 100% open transfers to other maps.
I have to agree with dude on this one, and this is not just me going against change, is going against all the time and effort i've put into this game.

Back on rag PVE i was brought into this community by my friend, he in fact was the one who got me into ark and finally convinced me to buy the game after he told me he found servers that are friendly. and that was enough to convince me, sadly after i started playing he had some issues and i was basically left alone in my tribe. so that being said here is where my input comes.

I spent days, if not weeks playing ark non stop. Some of the guys would even call it a night and then comeback next day and i would still be there breeding rexes, rex after rex after rex with no help because i had seen the TEK Items, i saw the wonders of them, and the one that i wanted so bad was the TEK transmiter. So i bred rexes day and night with no help. we all know that no matter how good the stats on your rexes are. if you wake up a bit too late they will starve. when i finally got into boss fights somehow i managed not to die, i had my ups and down. But, the feeling that you get when you finally defeat the bosses and unlock that sweet tek stuff... oh man i almost cried, because i felt like all of my hard work finally paid and i knew i could use these tek items freely between servers with no issues at all. which leads us to aberration. i think that allowing players to use something they have earned trough hard work is fair.

Having the ability to bring items (e.g) a TEK transmitter, a tek gen, tek troughs not only to make your live easier but to help others, having to walk a dino to a obelisk, which on aberration is damn near impossible or waiting for a drop which can actually take a couple hours is not fun. we have to keep in mind that the mindset of pvp and pve changes a bit. i strongly believe and know for a fact because i know pvp players that have said this to me, "pvp players don't do bosses" but myself and others as pve'ers thats all we want, breed for fun, mutations and boss fights. And lets be honest i love helping people. I take pride in doing so, so if someone goes, "i need help my ravager is stuck" and no adms are available, i have no issue in taking my TEK transmitter and let you upload that bastard and then download it back. i'm not admin but i don't see the harm in that.

Now aberration is a great map but having such boosted rates and this is my personal opinion , but it kinda makes me not want to play aberration anymore. why? well when all of the servers had the same rates you could not cheat your way into taming something in one server. taming is something you should feel proud of, finding that perfect 150 tame, and guarding it until you get that bastard tamed! but now is like meh. limit on alliances? Having a limited amount of tribe members and alliances is like telling people who you can be friends with. so i have to choose, thats not nice i want to be friend with everyone that's the idea of the community "friendly" i know the server should be balanced enough to keep both sides happy, but if you look at it a bit closer, is tipping a bit more pvp than anything else.

Again this is my input into this situation and i post this because we are not alone, discomfort is across the board with these changes but people somehow do not feel like saying anything or voicing their opinions because they feel they might be ignored.

Last edited:

Night

Regular
Revenant Member
Transmitters (beacons are pains to catch on Aberration). Since the the Ab server is on higher rates, I don't see the harm in allowing transfers INTO the higher rate map, since the DLC of Aberration has been built around it being 100% open transfers to other maps.

Your Engrams from Rag carry over. If they aren't then that is something that should be looked at. That was the reason why Transfers to Rag from Abr. are open. If they don't have them on Rag, they won't have them on Abr. Or are you saying of you play on Rag, you should be given these engrams Abr. without doing the bosses just because? To allow one non-aberration Dino is to allow, including flyers. There is only one setting to restrict this and that is one that stops non-aberration dinos. Everyone keeps talking about how the changes to Aberration ruin the challenge, but they want open transfers. Besides Rockwell, terrain is the MAIN BOSS to Aberration. There seems to be a lot of hypocrisy towards the changes to Aberration and everyone wants to pick and choose what's best for them.

DudeAwesome

Server Admin
Staff member
ARK Admin
Supporter
are we talking about just letting items in?
Yes, just items, the rule of only Ab dinos in and out is a given in my eyes, I mean flyers would completely defeat the purpose of the game. My thinking is that it should be:

Toons back and forth
Aberration only dinos back and forth
Items back and forth

(Main change being items INTO Aberration)

I feel like this would lighten the restrictions that players are feeling. Sure, we could transfer over our characters, fight the bosses, come back to Ab and THEN make the tek stuffs, but why not cut out one extra step and allow item transfers INTO Ab.

Another example, the other day I found a MC Flamethrower BP. Completely useless on Ab, since I can't bring it back into Ab after crafting on Rag. Just seems a little silly.

Sipowicz

Server Admin
Staff member
ARK Admin
SE Admin
So i think the issue that was raised before was, in that configuration players could send Valuable BP's into a PvE environment make use of them there, transfer the goods back. Sounds fine except those BP's would be taken out of the PvP scene and leans PvP a little closer to being pointless.

I could go back to searching for a way (if possible) to restrict specific items/item types. However even if I don't find a solution.... Slightly more of me thinks allows items to transfer in would help more than it hurts.

I would REALLLLY LOVE more player input on this.

Thank you EVERYONE for pitching in ideas, and trying to help us steer in the right direction.

Night

Regular
Revenant Member
And you think bringing Ascendant Fab Sniper Rifles, C4, Ammo, best Blue Prints stock piled safely when needed from Rag has positive impact on a PvP server? If I understand this correctly I can just make a shake near the Obi with a few farming dinos, keep my best BPs and excess ordinance so who ever raids me gets what ever scraps I left?

Night

Regular
Revenant Member
Wish I could edit to prevent creating new post for after thoughts <.> looks at Sip, I am not trying to be ruin peoples fun but I also think allowing loop holes like that can be seriously exploitable. With that said, all a person has to do is transfer on to Aberration, raid someone and go home with all there loot and there is nothing you can do about it.

Wish I could edit to prevent creating new post for after thoughts <.> looks at Sip, I am not trying to be ruin peoples fun but I also think allowing loop holes like that can be seriously exploitable. With that said, all a person has to do is transfer on to Aberration, raid someone and go home with all there loot and there is nothing you can do about it.
Thats the thing, you are thinking Full PVP here, but you have to remember that player base that was already here has no interest in PVP-ing. you're thinking of us as new players who don't know the rules or the guidelines for this community. execpt for maka, he always likes blood. (laughs) and the reasons why servers were set up as PVPvE in the first place was for "Events" as having a dedicated server just for those wasn't possible otherwise im sure server would have been pve from the get go.As for the allowing of items in, when you said "Or are you saying of you play on Rag, you should be given these engrams Abr. without doing the bosses just because?" at no moment i said i should be given these engrams just because. i have them already, me and others who have them already worked hard and our asses to be able to use TEK, . No one here is asking for free stuff, we are simply asking to allow us to use the tools that we have earned. This was the whole idea of a cluster to begin with easy moving of players between servers at will with dinos and items. when we had RAG PVP no one transferred there because of PVP and the rules set and the risk of playing on that server. With this change we had no choice but to stay because we pretty much had progress already. At this point aberrant dinos in and out only is a given like dude said but don't block items just because it won't be fair for new players. but how is that fair for players that worked hard for those engrams? "It doesn't balance the playground for new players" Yes, but remember that if we were talking about a day 1 FULL PVP with these rules we wouldn't be having this conversation in the first place because i wouldn't play on aberration and bunch of people as well. Also Aberration is not a PVP map. Island, rag, those are good pvp maps but here even the plants can kill you.

So im 100% with dude here settings on the server should be:

Toons back and forth
Aberration only dinos back and forth
Items back and forth

(Main change being items INTO Aberration)

DudeAwesome

Server Admin
Staff member
ARK Admin
Supporter
And you think bringing Ascendant Fab Sniper Rifles, C4, Ammo, best Blue Prints stock piled safely when needed from Rag has positive impact on a PvP server? If I understand this correctly I can just make a shake near the Obi with a few farming dinos, keep my best BPs and excess ordinance so who ever raids me gets what ever scraps I left?
Forgive me for stepping on people's toes, but quite honestly, the people who have been playing on the Rag and Island severs are getting a just a little screwed over with this little "settings change". We had a month to play in peace and quiet without any problems thinking nothing was going to change and then boom!

Now, the last thing I want is for a community breach in friendship and trust, and please, I WANT TO FIND A SOLUTION

I feel like those who didn't sign up for the PvP should have a little bit of compensation, eg. item transfers both ways. Just my thoughts. Again, these are my ideas, I was told that all feedback was recommended, and I'm extremely apologetic for offending some people's feelings.

Secret Asian

Regular
Revenant Member
Supporter
Night,

Thanks for all your hard work so far on the settings changes and the loot drop system but I feel that this last comment about preventing new posts for after thoughts. The idea of having a good community is so that everyone can have their thoughts expressed. Some are not happy with the changes and you responded to their comments about the changes and things worked out for changing things to PvP. I'm going to give PvP a try for sure, really enjoy this community and all on it but communication is key to a good strong community. So to say that now things are set up the way you want PvP to be....communication should stop? If we were not allowed to communicate our ideas then you would not have had a forum for the current settings. So, not to sound like I'm "for" or "against" either side....just saying that communication should be allowed since not everyone does agree with things the way they are. It should be fun for everyone and I know that it can happen if we keep lines of communication open.

Sipowicz

Server Admin
Staff member
ARK Admin
SE Admin
Well let me be the one to set the record and purpose straight, in terms of what "We" Revenant Gaming is trying to do.

1. Provide a DIVERSE game cluster for players. PvE... AND!!!! PvP.
  2. Provide ACTIVE servers for both modes
  3. ALLOW players to experience the various modes from one player/character WITH different players/friends
NOW we all have friends that want to play PvE, when we want PvP. OR PvP when we want PvE...... So i thought..... Let try both. Lets have PvPvE (Nope, this wasn't simply to allow for events that was a bonus). It was to give players a choice to experience the game the way it was meant to. If we closed that door, we lose a lot of players. WELL we did close that door. We DID lose a lot of players when we opened a RAG PVE only server (Island PvPvE activity was droping fast). So to compensate the Next server we opened was PvPvE... well guess what? When your rules say PvP enabled, But you can only Mutual PvP.. You might as well say NO PvP. That doesn't enable us to be diverse.
Open a separate PvP server? We did, it was isolated from any other server, and it died.

Why Make aberration PvP? It was already PvP. We are providing a structure that actually allows it to take place, so we don't Strangle the activity and fun on our servers. Simply saying PvP on mutual terms has been stumping our growth (I watch the numbers daily... I KNOW). Because it cuts out anyone who wants to actually build and play against other players. We still have two whole other servers (and more if this works) where PvE players can find what they seek, and they are NOT locked out of the Abe content. AND if they choose to stay odds are they wont see anywhere near the kind of PvP they are afraid of, if any at all.

SO lets get BACK to discussing the merits of allowing items TO aberration vs the effects it can have on what we are trying to achieve.

Sipowicz

Server Admin
Staff member
ARK Admin
SE Admin
@BrentscLuTcH Edit - 1/30
I agree with Ryo - Aberration isnt a pvp map, that should be on rag/volcano etc

This post ^ from Night is BS, you want to join the community and change rules and NOT LET PEOPLE PROVIDE THEIR FEEDBACK?? are you dumb?
I missed this the other day. I realize you misread his message. But even if he did mean what you thought he meant.... Please keep your responses respectful.

Night,

Thanks for all your hard work so far on the settings changes and the loot drop system but I feel that this last comment about preventing new posts for after thoughts. The idea of having a good community is so that everyone can have their thoughts expressed. Some are not happy with the changes and you responded to their comments about the changes and things worked out for changing things to PvP. I'm going to give PvP a try for sure, really enjoy this community and all on it but communication is key to a good strong community. So to say that now things are set up the way you want PvP to be....communication should stop? If we were not allowed to communicate our ideas then you would not have had a forum for the current settings. So, not to sound like I'm "for" or "against" either side....just saying that communication should be allowed since not everyone does agree with things the way they are. It should be fun for everyone and I know that it can happen if we keep lines of communication open.
Seems like you misread. He is having trouble posting edits to his posts. So he has to make a new post to clarify, or edit the old post.

Last edited:
Well let me be the one to set the record and purpose straight, in terms of what "We" Revenant Gaming is trying to do.

1. Provide a DIVERSE game cluster for players. PvE... AND!!!! PvP.
  2. Provide ACTIVE servers for both modes
  3. ALLOW players to experience the various modes from one player/character WITH different players/friends
NOW we all have friends that want to play PvE, when we want PvP. OR PvP when we want PvE...... So i thought..... Let try both. Lets have PvPvE (Nope, this wasn't simply to allow for events that was a bonus). It was to give players a choice to experience the game the way it was meant to. If we closed that door, we lose a lot of players. WELL we did close that door. We DID lose a lot of players when we opened a RAG PVE only server (Island PvPvE activity was droping fast). So to compensate the Next server we opened was PvPvE... well guess what? When your rules say PvP enabled, But you can only Mutual PvP.. You might as well say NO PvP. That doesn't enable us to be diverse.
Open a separate PvP server? We did, it was isolated from any other server, and it died.

Why Make aberration PvP? It was already PvP. We are providing a structure that actually allows it to take place, so we don't Strangle the activity and fun on our servers. Simply saying PvP on mutual terms has been stumping our growth (I watch the numbers daily... I KNOW). Because it cuts out anyone who wants to actually build and play against other players. We still have two whole other servers (and more if this works) where PvE players can find what they seek, and they are NOT locked out of the Abe content. AND if they choose to stay odds are they wont see anywhere near the kind of PvP they are afraid of, if any at all.

SO lets get BACK to discussing the merits of allowing items TO aberration vs the effects it can have on what we are trying to achieve.
Well lets see when it comes to items being allowed in and out. it does have its benefits and downsides.

Now i would say that the pros are far greater than the cons. Allowing items will allow players to be able to grind for the materials that are hard to find on aberration with more ease on the other maps like rag or the island. now since the rates on aberration are boosted and the island and rag aren't that means that it will even the grinding, yes you can choose the comfort of grinding on your local map but at a much slower pace due to almost official rates but you won't have to worry about dying shitting your pants until you die if you happen to pass over a set of ice mushrooms (that's how i call them) but then again, if you choose to do it on aberration is riskier but payout is bigger.

Now as well we have to also look at it from the traffic point of view. which i can strongly say that's the main goal here, healthy traffic across the board on all servers. lets say that new players come into aberration but they might have a hard time starting there having items in and out will allow them to go to either the island or rag safely build up and then come back if they choose so or want to pvp which means that 2 servers will benefit from the traffic going back and forth. yes you might be able to get high end BP on the other maps but lets not forget that the possibility of getting higher rate BPs is OPEN to anyone that plays on the island or rag there's literally nothing stopping from going over there and getting BP yourself. so Items being allowed in and out will ease both sides of this discussion and could potentially increase traffic across all the servers.

Now this is my input into the items allowed. If anyone think something i said here is wrong, please by all means show me dawae with pros and cons of having items in and out.

With all things said and done, i can honestly say short of things going back rate wise and drop wise, all the fun has left this server for me, and nothing shot of those things are going to fix it. I've decided to continue to play but only cause of the people that have become very dear friends to me. short of that i'd have already left and just bought my own server to play on. but past all that i'm honestly not sure if i'll keep resorces past enough to go do huntings for dinos or just caving.

0sprey

So, after thinking about this... I agree largely with Khala.

The game mechanics of ark are what make it an interesting game... The unique ability move between different maps is amazing. If you have all of the expansions your rewarded for your work with them by achieving unique engrams, dinos and abilities. These engrams and the things you create with them are meant to enhance all of the maps... not just some of them.

So in my personal view, it comes down to this: people play this for ark - a survival game with pvp. Not a pvp game with survival. So the more we break game mechanics with custom rules, disabling features (like item transfer), the more problems we create that demand more "rules" or compromise, and ultimately drive people away.

The more we create a friendly environment that encourages all play styles the more growth I believe we will see.

So - I support a drop in rates, transfer of items AND still have pvp. The one caveat I would support is a ban on flyers... and if people bring flyer eggs and/or raise flyers on Ab they could/should be confiscated. Newbies could be compensated if they didn't fully understand that.

Sipowicz

Server Admin
Staff member
ARK Admin
SE Admin
Currently (as of last night) The rates are 3x for Leveling and Gathering, and 6x for Taming, and Breeding. We want the rates to be a little higher for PvP, (Aberration is already a really tough map anyways), how do we sit with these? These are permanent, and we wouldn't be doing event boosts (Obv).

Loot drop quality was reduced (this is something we have been playing with as part of the new loot drop tables)

As for the transfers, Im willing to side with our players. BUT I just want to make sure everyone is keeping in mind what it costs. Our cluster is Unique. You don't see a lot, if any, other clusters out there were you can transfer from PvE, to PvP, and then back. So we need to make sure we are careful not to break any one mode with the what we "Allow".

So considering that Allowing BP's off, and to a safe heaven, can hurt the PvP aspect. Also that this server, and its rules, would be a light version of PvP... I thinik we can enable transfers. IF I find a way to limit what can be transferred we will try that route, instead of blocking everything.

Any other thoughts??

DudeAwesome

Server Admin
Staff member
ARK Admin
Supporter
Currently (as of last night) The rates are 3x for Leveling and Gathering, and 6x for Taming, and Breeding. We want the rates to be a little higher for PvP, (Aberration is already a really tough map anyways), how do we sit with these? These are permanent, and we wouldn't be doing event boosts (Obv).

Loot drop quality was reduced (this is something we have been playing with as part of the new loot drop tables)

As for the transfers, Im willing to side with our players. BUT I just want to make sure everyone is keeping in mind what it costs. Our cluster is Unique. You don't see a lot, if any, other clusters out there were you can transfer from PvE, to PvP, and then back. So we need to make sure we are careful not to break any one mode with the what we "Allow".

So considering that Allowing BP's off, and to a safe heaven, can hurt the PvP aspect. Also that this server, and its rules, would be a light version of PvP... I thinik we can enable transfers. IF I find a way to limit what can be transferred we will try that route, instead of blocking everything.

Any other thoughts??
This would be AMAZING, and would benefit all servers in the cluster as a whole. All in