PvP Server, Yes... Again!!

What map are using boi's?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

SQUID

Regular
But locking down the item transfers is pointless imo. There's no genuine reason someone cant utilize what they found on one server on the other. Nothing, regarding blueprints, is that game breaking now a days. Eggs have been solved, no? And building mats...i mean...you either grind them out on one map or the other, i think its fair to let people choose which map to grind on. IMO, the way this cluster is heading and the people currently here, open transfers wont be a real issue

SQUID

Regular
I disagree with any admin interaction, other than game gltiches, and massive, massive, in gam epolitical issues. Otherwise, EVERYTHING, even rule breakers should be handled within the server itself. No reason why a handful of us cant agree each season to band together is we ever have to destroy a rule breaker.
Having admins jump in is no fun, this is the hostile server, THE THUNDERDOME.

Night

Regular
Revenant Member
The reason why I added is because you can keep all your best patterns on Rag, craft the items, transfer them back. That completely remove part of the meta game of raiding, which is the reward. BPs are some most coveted items in ark.

SQUID

Regular
What do you mean craft the items and bring them back? If item transfer is off, then you wouldnt be able to transfer anything at all, right?
Or did i misread something in your post

Night

Regular
Revenant Member
I helped with the old Falcon's Ledge a while back. One week while the admin was away, a large tribe came in aggressive and hit hard, breaking all the rules. The entire server banded together, put aside feuds, formed alliance and wiped their base, running them off the server. This would have never had be possible had the admin been around because he was a very active admin, always policing. I used that as an example and persuaded him to be more hands off, it eventually rose to a top 50 slot and was only killed because of a wipe before the game went retail, it never recuperated and eventually shut down.

Long story short, I agree. :) But I do think the rule needs to be there if a problem does arise and the community can't band together. At least at the admins discretion, it gives him an option and the rule is posted.

Night

Regular
Revenant Member
What do you mean craft the items and bring them back? If item transfer is off, then you wouldnt be able to transfer anything at all, right?
Or did i misread something in your post
Oh, I see. I should clarify. I meant you can only transfer items off of Aberration, not too.

TomUnderWater

Regular
Revenant Member
Rough draft of the new server layout. @Night made some great rule suggestions on THIS OTHER post. Feel free to make suggestions to the following.

Map:
The Volcano (now live for anyone who wants to assist set up... PM me)

Rates - 6x EXP - (10x?8x?) everything else
Rates will be high. We want this map to feel somewhat temporary. A place where PvP happens, but even a PvE player wont mind joining in.
Transfers - Downside is, what you bring in you can't bring back out. I like this idea... because it means if you choose to use something for war... you cant simply transfer it back and retreat... if you can't defend what you brought.. you lost it.
  • Characters in and out.
  • After 10-days items/dino downloads are enabled (NO UPLOADS)
Rules
  • ORP will be enabled for the first 2 weeks to help new players catch up.(after that...... well...... remember when daddy slapped mommy at the dinner table?)
  • Basic stuff... No harassment, Cheating, Greifing.
  • Greifing: Repeat killing new bro's (lvl 30 and down), capturing players for an excessive/unnecessary amount of time, Killing in progress tames
  • Please raid with purpose, no "Wiping" Bases
  • Only tribes with Metal and/or Turrets can be raided or participate in raiding.
  • Tribe member limts?
  • We ask that players do not build in areas that block valuable resources such as metal nodes, beaver dams, underwater caves, etc. Building in surface caves is permitted only for ease of access structures, i.e. Walkways, ramps, ladders, and beds. Please no bases inside caves.
  • We do not tolerate harassment of other players, griefing, or cheating. This Includes Hate speech or racial slurs.
Wipes - After 3 months, the map will be Eligible for a VOTE to wipe. If things are going very well, and most player are having fun with the game cycle still there is no reason we wouldn't let it keep going. A vote to wipe would need a 75% majority to pass. and IF a vote to wipe passed, we would allow tribes to select a to be determined number of dinos, and items back to PvE as Prizes for holding on till the end of the cycle.
30 days is cray, do like a week or 2 no transfers in.

Only tribes with Metal and/or Turrets can be raided or participate in raiding.
This is cray as well. As i said before I think we should strongly discourage raiding below your weight class but not have a solid rule against. It could be one of those things where the server bands together against the offender since thats what everyone claims theyd do.

Well have the ORP for the first week or 2, THATS your chance to find you a place and build in safety. If you get wiped or join in after ORP is up you better find a dense forest and hide in it if you cant defend your hut. PvP is rough, we shouldnt have limits on raiding take that to (Pv)PvE.

Also, its 10x. You can build with the quickness, shame on you if you chill in stone with no turrets.

SQUID

Regular
^^that, yep, yep yep.

Honestly other than fine tuning on the end of mods and rates. Which even those are mostly sorted. Id say I'm 100% content with what we've all come to.

Agreements?

Maka

Regular
Revenant Member
Rough draft of the new server layout. @Night made some great rule suggestions on THIS OTHER post. Feel free to make suggestions to the following.

Map:
The Volcano (now live for anyone who wants to assist set up... PM me)

Rates - 6x EXP - (10x?8x?) everything else
Rates will be high. We want this map to feel somewhat temporary. A place where PvP happens, but even a PvE player wont mind joining in.
Transfers - Downside is, what you bring in you can't bring back out. I like this idea... because it means if you choose to use something for war... you cant simply transfer it back and retreat... if you can't defend what you brought.. you lost it.
  • Characters in and out.
  • After 10-days items/dino downloads are enabled (NO UPLOADS)
Rules
  • ORP will be enabled for the first 2 weeks to help new players catch up.(after that...... well...... remember when daddy slapped mommy at the dinner table?)
  • Basic stuff... No harassment, Cheating, Greifing.
  • Greifing: Repeat killing new bro's (lvl 30 and down), capturing players for an excessive/unnecessary amount of time, Killing in progress tames
  • Please raid with purpose, no "Wiping" Bases
  • Only tribes with Metal and/or Turrets can be raided or participate in raiding.
  • Tribe member limts?
  • We ask that players do not build in areas that block valuable resources such as metal nodes, beaver dams, underwater caves, etc. Building in surface caves is permitted only for ease of access structures, i.e. Walkways, ramps, ladders, and beds. Please no bases inside caves.
  • We do not tolerate harassment of other players, griefing, or cheating. This Includes Hate speech or racial slurs.
Wipes - After 3 months, the map will be Eligible for a VOTE to wipe. If things are going very well, and most player are having fun with the game cycle still there is no reason we wouldn't let it keep going. A vote to wipe would need a 75% majority to pass. and IF a vote to wipe passed, we would allow tribes to select a to be determined number of dinos, and items back to PvE as Prizes for holding on till the end of the cycle.
Rates should be 6EXP n 10X the rest i would say

DudeAwesome

Server Admin
Staff member
ARK Admin
Supporter
I'm lovin it!
I also like the 12 Hour raid rule, along with no consecutive raids on the same tribe within 2 nights.

One more thing, we want the HG stacking mod, yes?
If so which one, since the mod dev has many versions offering different stacks and weight reductions.

TomUnderWater

Regular
Revenant Member

Night

Regular
Revenant Member
I made a small edit to the rates and tribe limit based on community feed back. The changes are in the OP. This is the FINAL FINAL Version of the Aberration Map Plan

DudeAwesome

Server Admin
Staff member
ARK Admin
Supporter
After reading everyone's post and looking at the current situation for Aberration, I am hoping this will meet enough common ground for all to settle upon.

The Volcano server is High Rate PvP, fast burnout with a 3month season accompanied by a map vote.
See that thread here.

Aberration is a Medium Rate, self managed PvP progression server that never wipes.
I argued that Aberration was already a PvP server and suggested that because of that, players there should accept the wipe. That was my mistake. After reading the posts, I realized that everyone who joined Aberration from Day 1, has had equal opportunity. PvP was always a possibility even though it never happened. So wiping, wouldn't change anything. Tomorrow, the same people would log on and play as if they had on Day 1. I do feel removing the vE setting, a clearly laid out ruleset and an increase to rates will encourage a more active server with PvP. Trust me, with the ruffled feathers, I'm sure I'm bound to get knock at my door. So below you will find the changes I suggest to Aberration.​

No wipe, just a straight, over night setting change.

Revenant Gaming PvP Aberration | S+ | Cluster

Players: Max 3 Tribe - Max 1 Alliance

Map: Aberration

Uploads/Downloads:
  • Aberration Dino Only - To and From (this allows for players to utilize Ragnarok Tek unlocks)
  • Player To and From
  • Items transfer From AB, Not to
Rates
  • 5x Experience and Gather - 8x Everything Else
Ruleset
  • Removal of the vE settings
  • No Pillar Stacking or Foundation Sinking
  • Admin Logging Enabled

Raiding Rights
  • Only tribes with Metal and/or Turrets can be raided or participate in raiding
  • This creates a small buffer and prevents abuse, keep in mind this does not prevent WPvP kills
  • Players who choose to stay in stone may be raided but no C4 or Rockets maybe used. (This is just to prevent delaying progression or attempting to make there visit a PvE one.
  • No foundation wiping, but plundering for hidden storage is allowed within reason
  • Raiding the same tribe 2 nights in a row is not allowed.
  • All raids must be completed with in a 12 hour period.
  • Offline raiding is allowed but I do suggest ORP Structures HP x5
There are three exceptions to raiding rights, proximity, resources and retaliation.
A verbal warning in general that you are too close by the dominate tribe is required and should suffice, if it dose not then it is up to the dominate tribe on how to best protect their space.
Violation of the Raiding Rights will result in a DestroyTribeDinos as the penalty.

Addons (shameless copy best + edit)

PvP Settings:

• DisableResourcePulling=false
  • ResourcePullRangeInFoundations=5
  • DefaultDoorConfig=2 (S+ doors default to manual)
  • Slot counts match Vanilla containers/stations
S+ engrams Changes
Enabled

• Gardner
  • Farmer
  • S+ Collector
  • TEK Generator Enabled
Disabled
  • Grinder Engrams (Gem to Crystal)
Old Disabled
  • Animal Tender
  • AutoTurret
    • TEK AutoTurret
    • Rocket
    • Cannon
    • Ballista
  • Bee Hive Plus
  • Blueprint Maker
  • Campfire Plus
  • Compost Bin Plus
  • Cooking Pot Plus
  • Demo Gun
  • Euthanasia Gun
  • Genomics Chamber
  • Hatchery
  • Insulation Negator
  • Land Claimer
  • Light Setter
  • Mortar Pestle Plus
  • Nanny
  • Personal Teleporter
  • PlusRemote
  • Preserving Bin Plus
  • Repair Gun
  • Resource Puller
  • S+ X-Plant Seed
  • SheepHerder
  • Turret Configurator
  • Transfer Gun
  • Tree Sap Tap Plus
  • Transfer Tool
  • Wind Turbine Plus
  • Underwater Tool
  • Beer Barrel Plus
  • Chem Bench Plus
  • Cloning Chamber Plus
  • Fabricator Plus
  • Forge Plus
  • Fireplace Plus
  • Feeding Trough Plus
  • Fridge Plus
  • Grinder Plus
  • Industrial Cooker Plus
  • Industrial Forge Plus
  • Industrial Grill Plus
  • Large/Small Storage Bin
  • Metal/Stone Water Tank
  • Replicator Plus
  • Smithy Plus
  • Tek Force Field
  • Teleporter Plus
  • Transmitter Plus
  • Visibility Tool
  • Vessel Plus
Just thought I'd throw this out there. I've spoken with some of the Revenant Community and they seem to agree that no S+ forges and chem benches seem a little brutal. I mean not many players are thrilled to throw away 2500 metal just because of a bad obstruction with a wall (not fun).

The fridges and grills would be nice if they stayed S+, but not game breaker.

SQUID

Regular
Personally, I understand where it CAN be game breaking, but I don't think most of this community or the new players that stick around go for those exploits. So s+ is definitely a quality of life type of thing, that just improves the base game play, not necessarily vaulting me ahead of others, imo.

DudeAwesome

Server Admin
Staff member
ARK Admin
Supporter
Soooo.... since we have the new S+ collector in all of it's easy glory, how are we supposed to power it, since it requires propellant to run.

Night

Regular
Revenant Member
ust thought I'd throw this out there. I've spoken with some of the Revenant Community and they seem to agree that no S+ forges and chem benches seem a little brutal. I mean not many players are thrilled to throw away 2500 metal just because of a bad obstruction with a wall (not fun).

The fridges and grills would be nice if they stayed S+, but not game breaker.

The server uses S+ Forge, Grills, and Chem benches now. Those were to remain the same. The only changes to S+ were in the change log.

PvP Settings:
  • DisableResourcePulling=false
  • ResourcePullRangeInFoundations=5
  • DefaultDoorConfig=2 (S+ doors default to manual)
  • Slot counts match Vanilla containers/stations
S+ engrams Changes
Enabled

• Gardner
  • Farmer
  • S+ Collector
  • TEK Generator Enabled
Disabled
  • Grinder Engrams (Gem to Crystal)

reozataku

Hey all, I feel like the tribe Limit is... wrong. I get it is supposed to protect us from mega tribes showing up and killing us. They will show up and wipe us with or without the ability to all be in the same tribe. We are looking for growth, but we limit how many friends i can invite to my tribe? sure I can have 1 alliance, but where is the fun in that. I have made many friends since I have joined RGs ARK servers, and i want to be buddy buddy with all of them. I shouldn't have to turn my turrets off, set dinos off aggro just to have a friend pass through the base or pick up some items from me.
Yeah.. yeah.. I know that I have a metal wall to rival the wall Trump wants to build, but that was built to keep people out. We are not looking to kill people and take their belongings. I feel now that since we built out of metal that we are a giant target for people who might want to cause some damage.(this feeling is causing us to have to bolster our defense even more so).

We are willing to try the new rules, but we want the ability to grow as a tribe.

Sipowicz

Server Admin
Staff member
ARK Admin
SE Admin
Hey all, I feel like the tribe Limit is... wrong. I get it is supposed to protect us from mega tribes showing up and killing us. They will show up and wipe us with or without the ability to all be in the same tribe. We are looking for growth, but we limit how many friends i can invite to my tribe? sure I can have 1 alliance, but where is the fun in that. I have made many friends since I have joined RGs ARK servers, and i want to be buddy buddy with all of them. I shouldn't have to turn my turrets off, set dinos off aggro just to have a friend pass through the base or pick up some items from me.
Yeah.. yeah.. I know that I have a metal wall to rival the wall Trump wants to build, but that was built to keep people out. We are not looking to kill people and take their belongings. I feel now that since we built out of metal that we are a giant target for people who might want to cause some damage.(this feeling is causing us to have to bolster our defense even more so).

We are willing to try the new rules, but we want the ability to grow as a tribe.
Thank you for giving this a shot!
Having put SO much time into this game, we FULLY understand the issues being raised with these changes. I don't take them lightly.

As to your concerns Tribe member limit should be currently set to 6 players, A tribe can have up to 2 alliances, and an alliances can have up to 3 tribes. These adjustments can all be discussed further.