PvP Server, Yes... Again!!

What map are using boi's?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

SQUID

Regular
How do you feel about my proposal for being like 1 day at the end of the 3 months, once the vote has been made. And Only certain items/dinos as well as quantity of those items can be taken out. it will be an event almost. bring all your stuff to the obi on that day and allow and admin to upload them to be fair to everyone.

This isnt a per person thing, per tribe, so a tribe of 3-5 cant bring over 3-5 gigas and take all of them back. Depending on the vote of what is allowed to be brought back, only one if any might get back to the safe server.

I like the idea of the dino graveyard and am totally for it, but, if that server is literally just a playground for me and maka to kill each others gigas on, with no real reward, I don't foresee growth for the server.

Then again, I fully believe my opinion would change if I saw a loooot of activity on the server all the time. It would give me initiative to breed better lines on the safe servers, to show off more or less, or finally beat out a rival tribe. But thats in the future, when there are lots of tribes on.

With the current average of players I think transfer out would be more enjoyable to start the "season" with.

AT THE END OF THE 3 MONTHS ONLY
I might should of clarified that first, Im not talking about the whole time, so people can stockpile the good stuff for 3 months. Im talking about fighting it out over those few items of loot that you want to keep so dearly on that one day at the end. But up until that point, no transfer out, and everything is fair game.

Also remember the higher rates for dino stats and loot drops, it would be worth it to PvP IMO

Watcha think?

TomUnderWater

Regular
Revenant Member
I like this idea. I just felt like during the season it wouldnt be right to have transfers out. To me that would defeat the purpose knowing that anything good will probably be on the PvE and not actually held here on pvp.

Giving tribes the opportunity to take SOME things out though at the end of a wipe cycle, if they managed to hang onto it for so long, I could agree with.

Sipowicz

Server Admin
Staff member
ARK Admin
SE Admin
Rough draft of the new server layout. @Night made some great rule suggestions on THIS OTHER post. Feel free to make suggestions to the following.

Map:
The Volcano (now live for anyone who wants to assist set up... PM me)

Rates - 6x EXP - (10x?8x?) everything else
Rates will be high. We want this map to feel somewhat temporary. A place where PvP happens, but even a PvE player wont mind joining in.
Transfers - Downside is, what you bring in you can't bring back out. I like this idea... because it means if you choose to use something for war... you cant simply transfer it back and retreat... if you can't defend what you brought.. you lost it.
  • Characters in and out.
  • After 10-days items/dino downloads are enabled (NO UPLOADS)
Rules
  • ORP will be enabled for the first 2 weeks to help new players catch up.(after that...... well...... remember when daddy slapped mommy at the dinner table?)
  • Basic stuff... No harassment, Cheating, Greifing.
  • Greifing: Repeat killing new bro's (lvl 30 and down), capturing players for an excessive/unnecessary amount of time, Killing in progress tames
  • Please raid with purpose, no "Wiping" Bases
  • Only tribes with Metal and/or Turrets can be raided or participate in raiding.
  • Tribe member limts?
  • We ask that players do not build in areas that block valuable resources such as metal nodes, beaver dams, underwater caves, etc. Building in surface caves is permitted only for ease of access structures, i.e. Walkways, ramps, ladders, and beds. Please no bases inside caves.
  • We do not tolerate harassment of other players, griefing, or cheating. This Includes Hate speech or racial slurs.
Wipes - After 3 months, the map will be Eligible for a VOTE to wipe. If things are going very well, and most player are having fun with the game cycle still there is no reason we wouldn't let it keep going. A vote to wipe would need a 75% majority to pass. and IF a vote to wipe passed, we would allow tribes to select a to be determined number of dinos, and items back to PvE as Prizes for holding on till the end of the cycle.

Last edited:

Night

Regular
Revenant Member
So, I think this map would be great for a 10x, with the above transfer rules, 3month season. Smaller maps that players can dive into quick and easy and make some noise. While the other discussion seems like it would best suited at the rates I suggested(5x(8x)) with no wipes + self management idea. (ill post the details over there)

As well, if there is anything I can do to help, id be happy too.

SQUID

Regular
Rough draft of the new server layout. @Night made some great rule suggestions on THIS OTHER post. Feel free to make suggestions to the following.

Map:
The Volcano (now live for anyone who wants to assist set up... PM me)

Rates - 6x EXP - (10x?8x?) everything else
Rates will be high. We want this map to feel somewhat temporary. A place where PvP happens, but even a PvE player wont mind joining in.
Transfers - Downside is, what you bring in you can't bring back out. I like this idea... because it means if you choose to use something for war... you cant simply transfer it back and retreat... if you can't defend what you brought.. you lost it.
  • Characters in and out.
  • After 30 days items/dino downloads are enabled (NO UPLOADS)
Rules
  • ORP will be enabled for the first 2 weeks to help new players catch up.(after that...... well...... remember when daddy slapped mommy at the dinner table?)
  • Basic stuff... No harassment, Cheating, Greifing.
  • Greifing: Repeat killing new bro's (lvl 30 and down), capturing players for an excessive/unnecessary amount of time, Killing in progress tames
  • Please raid with purpose, no "Wiping" Bases
  • Do not raid below your Tier level. Attacking/Raiding above it would be un-wise.
    • Tek?
    • Metal/ and or turrets
    • Stone
  • Tribe member limts?
  • We ask that players do not build in areas that block valuable resources such as metal nodes, beaver dams, underwater caves, etc. Building in surface caves is permitted only for ease of access structures, i.e. Walkways, ramps, ladders, and beds. Please no bases inside caves.
  • We do not tolerate harassment of other players, griefing, or cheating. This Includes Hate speech or racial slurs.
Wipes - After 3 months, the map will be Eligible for a VOTE to wipe. If things are going very well, and most player are having fun with the game cycle still there is no reason we wouldn't let it keep going. A vote to wipe would need a 75% majority to pass. and IF a vote to wipe passed, we would allow tribes to select a to be determined number of dinos, and items back to PvE as Prizes for holding on till the end of the cycle.
Only thing I'm iffy on is the 30 day dino/item in. While I understand, what about a 10 day hold? or 7? How do people feel on that part?

Sipowicz

Server Admin
Staff member
ARK Admin
SE Admin
Only thing I'm iffy on is the 30 day dino/item in. While I understand, what about a 10 day hold? or 7? How do people feel on that part?
I totally understand, my thinking on this one is from the perspective of the players coming in with nothing.

Anyone else this 30 is too much?

Night

Regular
Revenant Member
After reading everyone's post and looking at the current situation for Aberration, I am hoping this will meet enough common ground for all to settle upon.

The Volcano server is High Rate PvP, fast burnout with a 3month season accompanied by a map vote.
See that thread here.

Aberration is a Medium Rate, self managed PvP progression server that never wipes.
I argued that Aberration was already a PvP server and suggested that because of that, players there should accept the wipe. That was my mistake. After reading the posts, I realized that everyone who joined Aberration from Day 1, has had equal opportunity. PvP was always a possibility even though it never happened. So wiping, wouldn't change anything. Tomorrow, the same people would log on and play as if they had on Day 1. I do feel removing the vE setting, a clearly laid out ruleset and an increase to rates will encourage a more active server with PvP. Trust me, with the ruffled feathers, I'm sure I'm bound to get knock at my door. So below you will find the changes I suggest to Aberration.​

No wipe, just a straight, over night setting change.

Revenant Gaming PvP Aberration | S+ | Cluster

Players: Max 3 Tribe - Max 1 Alliance

Map: Aberration

Uploads/Downloads:
  • Aberration Dino Only - To and From (this allows for players to utilize Ragnarok Tek unlocks)
  • Player To and From
  • Items transfer From AB, Not to
Rates
  • 5x Experience and Gather - 8x Everything Else
Ruleset
  • Removal of the vE settings
  • No Pillar Stacking or Foundation Sinking
  • Admin Logging Enabled

Raiding Rights
  • Only tribes with Metal and/or Turrets can be raided or participate in raiding
  • This creates a small buffer and prevents abuse, keep in mind this does not prevent WPvP kills
  • Players who choose to stay in stone may be raided but no C4 or Rockets maybe used. (This is just to prevent delaying progression or attempting to make there visit a PvE one.
  • No foundation wiping, but plundering for hidden storage is allowed within reason
  • Raiding the same tribe 2 nights in a row is not allowed.
  • All raids must be completed with in a 12 hour period.
  • Offline raiding is allowed but I do suggest ORP Structures HP x5
There are three exceptions to raiding rights, proximity, resources and retaliation.
A verbal warning in general that you are too close by the dominate tribe is required and should suffice, if it dose not then it is up to the dominate tribe on how to best protect their space.
Violation of the Raiding Rights will result in a DestroyTribeDinos as the penalty.

Addons (shameless copy best + edit)

PvP Settings:

• DisableResourcePulling=false
  • ResourcePullRangeInFoundations=5
  • DefaultDoorConfig=2 (S+ doors default to manual)
  • Slot counts match Vanilla containers/stations
S+ engrams Changes
Enabled

• Gardner
  • Farmer
  • S+ Collector
  • TEK Generator Enabled
Disabled
  • Grinder Engrams (Gem to Crystal)
Old Disabled
  • Animal Tender
  • AutoTurret
    • TEK AutoTurret
    • Rocket
    • Cannon
    • Ballista
  • Bee Hive Plus
  • Blueprint Maker
  • Campfire Plus
  • Compost Bin Plus
  • Cooking Pot Plus
  • Demo Gun
  • Euthanasia Gun
  • Genomics Chamber
  • Hatchery
  • Insulation Negator
  • Land Claimer
  • Light Setter
  • Mortar Pestle Plus
  • Nanny
  • Personal Teleporter
  • PlusRemote
  • Preserving Bin Plus
  • Repair Gun
  • Resource Puller
  • S+ X-Plant Seed
  • SheepHerder
  • Turret Configurator
  • Transfer Gun
  • Tree Sap Tap Plus
  • Transfer Tool
  • Wind Turbine Plus
  • Underwater Tool
  • Beer Barrel Plus
  • Chem Bench Plus
  • Cloning Chamber Plus
  • Fabricator Plus
  • Forge Plus
  • Fireplace Plus
  • Feeding Trough Plus
  • Fridge Plus
  • Grinder Plus
  • Industrial Cooker Plus
  • Industrial Forge Plus
  • Industrial Grill Plus
  • Large/Small Storage Bin
  • Metal/Stone Water Tank
  • Replicator Plus
  • Smithy Plus
  • Tek Force Field
  • Teleporter Plus
  • Transmitter Plus
  • Visibility Tool
  • Vessel Plus

Last edited:

Night

Regular
Revenant Member
I will reiterate that raiding with in your tier or above is as troublesome as no ruleset. I know people may want to raid thatch vs thatch, wood vs wood but in the end it sends people packing to a new server pretty quick. Giving that Metal and/or Turret buffer prevents a lot of tears, it just needs a proper MotD for new players who don't check out the site.

Sipowicz

Server Admin
Staff member
ARK Admin
SE Admin
I will reiterate that raiding with in your tier or above is as troublesome as no ruleset. I know people may want to raid thatch vs thatch, wood vs wood but in the end it sends people packing to a new server pretty quick. Giving that Metal and/or Turret buffer prevents a lot of tears, it just needs a proper MotD for new players who don't check out the site.
So in other words no raiding at all if your below the metal/turret threshold?

Edit - Not to include World PvP

Night

Regular
Revenant Member
That would be my opinion, I think people need that buffer for a few reason. Time to find a good place and to get to know the community. The one thing that kept me here was having Wolf destroy my entire base on Day 2. That got everyone talking.

SQUID

Regular
After reading everyone's post and looking at the current situation for Aberration, I am hoping this will meet enough common ground for all to settle upon.

The Volcano server is High Rate PvP, fast burnout with a 3month season accompanied by a map vote.
See that thread here.

Aberration is a Medium Rate, self managed PvP progression server that never wipes.
I argued that Aberration was already a PvP server and suggested that because of that, players there should accept the wipe. That was my mistake. After reading the posts, I realized that everyone who joined Aberration from Day 1, has had equal opportunity. PvP was always a possibility even though it never happened. So wiping, wouldn't change anything. Tomorrow, the same people would log on and play as if they had on Day 1. I do feel removing the vE setting, a clearly laid out ruleset and an increase to rates will encourage a more active server with PvP. Trust me, with the ruffled feathers, I'm sure I'm bound to get knock at my door. So below you will find the changes I suggest to Aberration.​

No wipe, just a straight, over night setting change.

Revenant Gaming PvP Aberration | S+ | Cluster

Players: Max 3 Tribe - Max 1 Alliance

Map: Aberration

Uploads/Downloads:
  • Aberration Dino Only - To and From (this allows for players to utilize Ragnarok Tek unlocks)
  • Player To and From
  • Items transfer off
Rates
  • 5x Experience and Gather - 8x Everything Else
Ruleset
  • Removal of the vE settings
  • No Pillar Stacking or Foundation Sinking
  • Admin Logging Enabled

Raiding Rights
  • This creates a small buffer and prevents abuse, keep in mind this does not prevent WPvP kills
  • Players who choose to stay in stone may be raided but no C4 or Rockets maybe used. (This is just to prevent delaying progression or attempting to make there visit a PvE one.
  • No foundation wiping, but plundering for hidden storage is allowed within reason
There is two exceptions to raiding rights, proximity and resources.
A verbal warning in general that you are too close by the dominate tribe is required and should suffice, if it dose not then it is up to the dominate tribe on how to best protect their space.
Violation of the Raiding Rights will result in a DestroyTribeDinos as the penalty.

Addons (shameless copy best + edit)

PvP Settings:

• DisableResourcePulling=false
  • ResourcePullRangeInFoundations=5
  • DefaultDoorConfig=2 (S+ doors default to manual)
  • Slot counts match Vanilla containers/stations
S+ engrams Changes
Enabled

• Gardner
  • Farmer
  • S+ Collector
  • TEK Generator Enabled
Disabled
  • Grinder Engrams (Gem to Crystal)
Old Disabled
  • Animal Tender
  • AutoTurret
    • TEK AutoTurret
    • Rocket
    • Cannon
    • Ballista
  • Bee Hive Plus
  • Blueprint Maker
  • Campfire Plus
  • Compost Bin Plus
  • Cooking Pot Plus
  • Demo Gun
  • Euthanasia Gun
  • Genomics Chamber
  • Hatchery
  • Insulation Negator
  • Land Claimer
  • Light Setter
  • Mortar Pestle Plus
  • Nanny
  • Personal Teleporter
  • PlusRemote
  • Preserving Bin Plus
  • Repair Gun
  • Resource Puller
  • S+ X-Plant Seed
  • SheepHerder
  • Turret Configurator
  • Transfer Gun
  • Tree Sap Tap Plus
  • Transfer Tool
  • Wind Turbine Plus
  • Underwater Tool
  • Beer Barrel Plus
  • Chem Bench Plus
  • Cloning Chamber Plus
  • Fabricator Plus
  • Forge Plus
  • Fireplace Plus
  • Feeding Trough Plus
  • Fridge Plus
  • Grinder Plus
  • Industrial Cooker Plus
  • Industrial Forge Plus
  • Industrial Grill Plus
  • Large/Small Storage Bin
  • Metal/Stone Water Tank
  • Replicator Plus
  • Smithy Plus
  • Tek Force Field
  • Teleporter Plus
  • Transmitter Plus
  • Visibility Tool
  • Vessel Plus
I can get behind this mostly. Though I disagree with the no item transfer. As well some of the S+ changes. I dont think we need to change any of the s+ settings from the way they are currently on the server. Would actually love to see AA added to aberation with several of its engrams disabled.

Ark is fun, but its super monotonous, having to do 10 things to get to one thing when you dont really need to as it wouldn't take away from the game at all. Would just help tidy things up.

SQUID

Regular
Wolf was a fluke. Also, i guess i can get behind this loosely, If someone picks on me too much even though theyre still in stone theyre asking for it, no?

Honestly, stuff like that is in server discussion i feel, like on an issue to issue basis. But yeah i can get behind that general rule.

Night

Regular
Revenant Member
Though I disagree with the no item transfer.
That setting would enable item transfer, but below setting reduced the range to 5 Foundations. Down form 25 so it would have be within the same room. With a 5x(8x) the amount of shoveling will increase as well as the amount of dinos player can tame, if those options aren't enabled players will mass tame and mass poop and it will be a shitty egg show.

Night

Regular
Revenant Member
That would also fall in to the Raiding Rights, I didn't include Defending because I assumed that was a given. But I will add it.

Raiding Rights
There are three exceptions to raiding rights, proximity, resources and retaliation.

Last edited:

Night

Regular
Revenant Member
Was talking about server to server, not station to station
Right, the idea, like The Volcano, it is still a PvP server and your migration to Ragnarok would only be to do bosses for the Tek. This option has to be open since Aberration does not have unlocks for the early tek tier. In fact if we were to go kill Rockwell Beta, we couldn't even craft the materials since it doens't unlock the Replicator or anything except the new stuff.

SQUID

Regular
The verbal warning is a good addition. Announced raids would solve a lot of issues.

On the lines of orp. i dont think it should stay, the hp and melee glitches last days at a time, which is pretty broken.

Night

Regular
Revenant Member
The verbal warning is a good addition. Announced raids would solve a lot of issues.

On the lines of orp. i dont think it should stay, the hp and melee glitches last days at a time, which is pretty broken.
Those glitches only apply to Dinos, they do not happen with Structures. But I do agree, it is troublesome and I wish there was another option to hinder offline raiding. The verbal warning is only for the three exceptions, aside from that there is no warning to raid.

Night

Regular
Revenant Member
I am curious as to people opinion about my suggest penalty.