PvP Server, Yes... Again!!

What map are using boi's?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Night

Regular
Revenant Member
And since the PvP server is not on Aberration then please don't make such drastic changes to the existing Aberration for the sake of loosing out on a vote for the new PvP server being Aberration.
It is a PvPvE server, so it already was a PvP server. And I did not do this for the sake of losing out on a vote. For one, Aberration wasn't added until the next day in which most people had already cast their vote. We will never know if they wanted Aberration or not. Two, suggesting I did this out of spite is kinda harsh. I have an agenda, of course but if you read through the post like you said you did, you would see I have been suggesting everything I can to meet people halfway. Your opposition, just leaving, is an ultimatum, I would hope you would contribute to the conversation vs throwing your hands in the air. There are already 2 PvE servers in the RG Cluster, Island and Rag. Having 2 PvP to match that seemed logical. Not to mention most of the maps choices are unofficial, full of bugs with no real support and halted development

To wipe dinos and structures sucks for everyone that has been on from the beginning.
Transfer of Dinos/Items from Aberration to Rag open.
Aberration goes through a DestroyStructures DestroyTribeDinos
Aberration disabled Transfers
Aberration returns with Transfers disabled for 2 weeks @ 5x (8x) stated above

Aberration opens Aberration Dino Transfers, after 2 weeks, to and from Rag.
Items always remain disabled ensuring PvP Integrity

No transfers out of high rate pvp
How does transferring out of high rate pvp to a non-competitive pve server matter?

Maka

Regular
Revenant Member
It is a PvPvE server, so it already was a PvP server. And I did not do this for the sake of losing out on a vote. For one, Aberration wasn't added until the next day in which most people had already cast their vote. We will never know if they wanted Aberration or not. Two, suggesting I did this out of spite is kinda harsh. I have an agenda, of course but if you read through the post like you said you did, you would see have been suggesting everything I can meet halfway. Your opposition, just leaving, is an ultimatum, I would hope you would contribute to the conversation vs throwing your hands in the air. There are already 2 PvE servers in the RG Cluster, Island and Rag. Having 2 PvP to match that seemed logical. Not to mention most of the maps choices are unofficial, full of bugs with no real support and halted development

How does transferring out of high rate pvp to a non-competitive pve server matter?
Peeps can always revote (just saying)

OK, I've been part of the Revenant servers for a while now and i can safely speak knowing our community. also English isn't my first language so...you've been warned. While your ideas of implementing PVP on aberration with said rules and changes and all that stuff that happens under the hood of the server, will work fine for someone looking into PVP(ing) you have to keep in mind the current set of players that already play on the server. including myself.

Now i understand that these changes will give people coming into the servers a chance to fight. but keep in mind following, official servers do not change rules or server settings just because a new set of players joined the server recently. The current set of players on the map we all are friendly to each other even when the server settings currently allow me to bash someone to death with a dodo. but you don't see it happening because relationships between the tribes extends far beyond aberration, it goes to rag and the island. yes maybe some tribes will turn their back on some other tribes since they might be craving some PVP action, but what will the outcome of that? tribes fighting for silly issues over at the PVE maps, which means the poor adms will have to work extra.

Now what happens if someone comes in looking for blood and starts killing friendly players just because is PVP? sounds familiar? yes we had some cases where PVP players came in, started "playing pvp as it should be played" and what happened? the whole server bound with the whole purpose of chasing them down. PVP players want to play the game on pvp as it should be played. no rules, just good old fashion killing! but that applies mostly to new people coming in because they see " PVP, oh yeah lets go rambo! is PVP YEAH!" which will lead to what I mentioned before, them getting chase out of the server by the rest of tribes.

PVP should be a thing for Revenant? yes, if people are asking for it, then yes.
Should a current friendly server be wiped to please those players? No, a new just PVP server would be the best choice. why? because not everyone is into PVP.

We had a pvp server before. Aberration sits on the remains for a reason. Just wiping is enough to push people that currently play on the server out, and even the ones who stay will find out how expensive a forge is, just because you placed it in the wrong place, that being said i can only express my opinions like you expressed yours and i invite everyone to do the same, by doing this we can show sippo da wae.

Sipowicz

Server Admin
Staff member
ARK Admin
SE Admin
I do think based on what I've seen so far that doing this without wiping WILL be necessary.
For a few reasons:
  • If we conduct this like a PvP server that doesn't get wiped, the amount of time already invested shouldn't break that idea. It will mean a slower improvement in activity, but it should still work.
  • Just can't wipe a map that players are actively progressing on.
For those Skeptical about PvP, What can we do to make this plan work for those who want to be left out of PvP? Is that possible?

In the past a system to Flag for PvP has been suggested. I don't want to walk back the OP idea too much, I do like it. BUT we need everyone to be one board to make such big changes.

I do like what im reading so far

Right now we are talking about ways to improve our players experience

GO!....

Maka

Regular
Revenant Member
I do think based on what I've seen so far that doing this without wiping WILL be necessary.
For a few reasons:
  • If we conduct this like a PvP server that doesn't get wiped, the amount of time already invested shouldn't break that idea. It will mean a slower improvement in activity, but it should still work.
  • Just can't wipe a map that players are actively progressing on.
For those Skeptical about PvP, What can we do to make this plan work for those who want to be left out of PvP? Is that possible?

In the past a system to Flag for PvP has been suggested. I don't want to walk back the OP idea too much, I do like it. BUT we need everyone to be one board to make such big changes.

I do like what im reading so far

Right now we are talking about ways to improve our players experience

GO!....
Can put up white flags n then maybe enable that thingy where you can see who destorys ya structures (if something where to happend)

Sipowicz

Server Admin
Staff member
ARK Admin
SE Admin
OK, I've been part of the Revenant servers for a while now and i can safely speak knowing our community. also English isn't my first language so...you've been warned. While your ideas of implementing PVP on aberration with said rules and changes and all that stuff that happens under the hood of the server, will work fine for someone looking into PVP(ing) you have to keep in mind the current set of players that already play on the server. including myself.

Now i understand that these changes will give people coming into the servers a chance to fight. but keep in mind following, official servers do not change rules or server settings just because a new set of players joined the server recently. The current set of players on the map we all are friendly to each other even when the server settings currently allow me to bash someone to death with a dodo. but you don't see it happening because relationships between the tribes extends far beyond aberration, it goes to rag and the island. yes maybe some tribes will turn their back on some other tribes since they might be craving some PVP action, but what will the outcome of that? tribes fighting for silly issues over at the PVE maps, which means the poor adms will have to work extra.

Now what happens if someone comes in looking for blood and starts killing friendly players just because is PVP? sounds familiar? yes we had some cases where PVP players came in, started "playing pvp as it should be played" and what happened? the whole server bound with the whole purpose of chasing them down. PVP players want to play the game on pvp as it should be played. no rules, just good old fashion killing! but that applies mostly to new people coming in because they see " PVP, oh yeah lets go rambo! is PVP YEAH!" which will lead to what I mentioned before, them getting chase out of the server by the rest of tribes.

PVP should be a thing for Revenant? yes, if people are asking for it, then yes.
Should a current friendly server be wiped to please those players? No, a new just PVP server would be the best choice. why? because not everyone is into PVP.

We had a pvp server before. Aberration sits on the remains for a reason. Just wiping is enough to push people that currently play on the server out, and even the ones who stay will find out how expensive a forge is, just because you placed it in the wrong place, that being said i can only express my opinions like you expressed yours and i invite everyone to do the same, by doing this we can show sippo da wae.
We need to find ways to make our servers appeal to new players just as much as current.
The issue at hand is one you your self have already experienced. Its the PvE burn out.
We can absolutely leave our servers alone. But in my experience each time we have made a change its ushered in new waves of players.
I like to think our servers evolve to meet the needs of current and future players. Making adjustments and tweaks at the players discretion has always been our plan. I very much encourage new ideas to be brought up for discussion. If we can find a way to make it work for everyone, would be a good thing IMO.

Sipowicz

Server Admin
Staff member
ARK Admin
SE Admin
Okay...I've read most of these suggestions and in my opinion I am not for the wipe at all. Personally, I have not been on here as long as some other players, but I have invested quite some time on the Island and the Aberration maps. To wipe dinos and structures sucks for everyone that has been on from the beginning. If this happens well, I don't think that I'll be back :(

There's a PvP server planned....so if you want PvP, go there. I'm sorry, but this DOES not sit well with me at all. And since the PvP server is not on Aberration then please don't make such drastic changes to the existing Aberration for the sake of loosing out on a vote for the new PvP server being Aberration.
This matters to me, TRUST!

Considering that the map is already currently in PvP mode technically. Do you think there is a way that turning up the PvP action could be done with-OUT ruining your game experience? Are there rules we could apply (that aren't already proposed)?

Read my other posts about wipes (I wont wipe a map without full player support).

Based on my experience with these servers the PvPvE model is VERY restrictive to healthy activity. I believe finding way to get Healthy PvP to happen would ultimately help everyone have more fun. BUT I will ALWAYS let the players dictate these moves as best I can.

Night mentioned 2 PvP, and 2 PvE. Going back to my troubles with PvPvE, and the complexities of keeping that model active (and salt free) his seems like a simpler solution. SO LONG as we can keep the current Aberration players happy. Any thoughts?

Last edited:

Chemayla

Regular
Revenant Member
Supporter
As long as I have time and ability (which sometimes can be difficult) to transfer all my dinos first to rag. Im happy

Secret Asian

Regular
Revenant Member
Supporter
After reading the new PvP map rules, looks like after 3 months there a wipe and change vote. So if that is the case, then if it is not Aberration atm, then just wait till it is. Why ruin everyone else's fun here on Aberration PvPvE server becuase someone can't wait for their PvP map to come up. I'm sorry but that sounds a little rude to change current rules to suit one player who can't wait for PvP on Ab.
This matters to me, TRUST!

Considering that the map is already currently in PvP mode technically. Do you think there is a way that turning up the PvP action could be done with-OUT ruining your game experience? Are there rules we could apply (that aren't already proposed)?

Read my other posts about wipes (I wont wipe a map without full player support).

Based on my experience with these servers the PvPvE model is VERY restrictive to healthy activity. I believe finding way to get Healthy PvP to happen would ultimately help everyone have more fun. BUT I will ALWAYS let the players dictate these moves as best I can.

Night mentioned 2 PvP, and 2 PvE. Going back to my troubles with PvPvE, and the complexities of keeping that model active (and salt free) It seems like a simpler solution. SO LONG as we can keep the current Aberration players happy. Any thoughts?

Okay, I'm okay with PvP but I guess I was really worried about the wipe honestly. There was also a misunderstanding about my comment about not returning if it changed to PvP "with" a wipe. I would feel that all the progress the past month would be wasted and putting that effort in again would not be worth it. So if there is no wipe, I'm okay with PvP no matter the changes as long as the progress our tribe has made thus far is not lost. I support the changes if the rules are clearly stated and everyone knows where they stand.

There's lots of changes discussed and I was really just worried about loosing everything we had made so far.

Sorry if I came across like I was using an ultimatum...it was not meant to sound like that.

Personally, it seemed that lots on rev servers are at heart PvE style players....so it was sudden that these suggestions were made. Freaked out a bit.

I will continue to remain updated with the forums and see what develops. Honestly....the progress loss was my biggest concern.

Sipowicz

Server Admin
Staff member
ARK Admin
SE Admin
Correct @Secret Asian. The new PvP server were opening this weekend will be on a vote to wipe basis after 3 months. I don't want to make that a feature on any of our current maps. Losing progress IS the reason we opened these servers.

SQUID

Regular
Gonna toss this out there. If this change is implemented, when the vE is dropped, your bases and dinos arent going to get wiped...Sure maybe in 3 months when new blood is on the server and you havent added any turrets...but c'mon? Everyone should just about have turrets unless they started within 2 weeks.

What im saying is, its not going to be a bloodbath.
We're talking about long term goals here. A healthy and large environment of players.
I feel as though most if not all of the current players on Ab know the difference between right and wrong.
So your dinos and structures are safe from us (for the most part).
Everyone will have plenty of time to tidy up defenses before the new players show up for the PvP tag.

Also, NO WIPE ABERATION, ONE WEEKEND OF OFFICIAL NEUTRALITY FOR ANYONE WHO WANTS TO GET THEIR SACRED STUFF ONTO THE RAG STRONGHOLD SERVER.

After that weekend is up, Aberation becomes fair game.

But again, let me revisit what the Aberation MEDIUM PvP will be.
  • The occasional poke from a fabby/longneck to play around
  • a blown gate or two
Literally. The big guys cant raid the little guys. Period. Unless called out.

So unless you have the metal walls and turrets to match, you dont have to worry about getting stomped. And if you do, the rest of the server is gonna help you get back on your feet and get the sucker who raided ya!

Thats what Aberation Medium PvP should be.

Playful fun. Not super crazy raiding. Thats what the New PvP server is for.|

BUT aberation is a fun map, its enjoyable to play, but PvE gets boring and having no playful PvP is boring.

Open to suggestions of course. Still working out my end of the suggestions as well.

SQUID

Regular
Hi, conitnuing from the other PvP thread dicussion @Sipowicz this server will be a 3 month vote to wipe. have we fully decided the setup of this server? Mainly if we're allowing transfer out?

I think I can get behind a 3 month vote to wipe, as long as i was aloud to keep the useful progress.

Or rather, its vote to wipe. So at each vote, why not vote on say 3-5 dinos, and 10 prints to bring back with you, rest gets wiped.

I know that can garner issues, but i feel if it was discussed and agreed upon, it would work out quite well.

I also feel like it would keep this server a part of the cluster for real and make it worthwhile in the long term.

Sipowicz

Server Admin
Staff member
ARK Admin
SE Admin
:cool:Ok so launching this server tonight... PM for log-in info if you want to help me go through mod settings.:cool:
Public launch will be tomorrow

Were are we on the Automated ARK mod?*edit

Ive looked into the ORP2 mod again, I'll be honest... im pretty nervous about leaving that mod on the current server at this point let alone using on a new server. While there is no way to know for sure, im reading about issue that can only be fixed by rebuilding structures. AINT NO BODY GOT TIME FA-DAT.

Sipowicz

Server Admin
Staff member
ARK Admin
SE Admin
Hi, conitnuing from the other PvP thread dicussion @Sipowicz this server will be a 3 month vote to wipe. have we fully decided the setup of this server? Mainly if we're allowing transfer out?

I think I can get behind a 3 month vote to wipe, as long as i was aloud to keep the useful progress.

Or rather, its vote to wipe. So at each vote, why not vote on say 3-5 dinos, and 10 prints to bring back with you, rest gets wiped.

I know that can garner issues, but i feel if it was discussed and agreed upon, it would work out quite well.

I also feel like it would keep this server a part of the cluster for real and make it worthwhile in the long term.
Give me a bit ill write up a rough draft of the plan now

SQUID

Regular
I just read thru AA and its description brifely. While I'm sure there are one or two thast people wont like. But it seems that it just genuinely makes the game run smoother/adds in stuff that should be in the base game. I like it.

Agreed on those two though.

Also, youre set on no transfer out on this one. Why is that? End game server where dinos go to die? In your initial post you mentioned it as an exploit for people joining and then getting ahead on the PvE server. Which, IMO, nothing wrong with that as its PvE, so its not really hurting anyone it would seem. And Rag is MASSIVE, so people would have plenty of room to build for a long time.

SQUID

Regular
Also just as a super slight thread derailment. this forum is very nice, very smooth compared to other forms ive been on. Nice work!

TomUnderWater

Regular
Revenant Member
Pretty much like you said, an end game server where dinos go to die. As well to avoid having people just transfer out all the goodies, especially during a raid.

The point was to bring people in to PvP. Not to farm for dinos, resources or blueprints.