PvP Server, Yes... Again!!

What map are using boi's?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

BrentscLuTcH

Bronze Donor
We already have a Rag map in the cluster and every map has bugs/glitches and DCs/crashes thats just the game WildCard has given us and they care more about TLC updates than fixing playability issues.

Jimmypat

So, just to clarify:
Are you proposing the Volcano map be removed and be replaced with a 2nd Ragnarok map in the cluster? PVE and High Rate PVP?
Or that the existing Ragnarok map be converted to the HR PVP as is? or possibly wiped and converted?
Or is your goal just for there to be a higher multiplier on Ragnarok? Which could be an option without making other changes, i'd assume?

The way this suggestion is implemented would definitely sway my vote 1 way or the other.

I really like the Volcano map, so i wouldn't want to see it go away, but i'm open to changing things around, in general.

TomUnderWater

Regular
Revenant Member
So, just to clarify:
Are you proposing the Volcano map be removed and be replaced with a 2nd Ragnarok map in the cluster? PVE and High Rate PVP?
Or that the existing Ragnarok map be converted to the HR PVP as is? or possibly wiped and converted?
Or is your goal just for there to be a higher multiplier on Ragnarok? Which could be an option without making other changes, i'd assume?

The way this suggestion is implemented would definitely sway my vote 1 way or the other.

I really like the Volcano map, so i wouldn't want to see it go away, but i'm open to changing things around, in general.
The idea is to remove/replace Volcano with Ragnarok, or any other official map for that matter. I bring up Rag since then we would still have the SE stuff. And I think Id die without griffins. After the whole 'fiasco' with the Abb server I wouldnt dare touching the PvE map. ;)

Dont get me wrong, I really like this map. Its just the more I encounter these issues the more it made me want to bring this up. I wouldnt be opposed to revisiting Volcano at a later date, but at the moment I think theres still work to be done.

Last edited:

Sipowicz

Server Admin
Staff member
ARK Admin
SE Admin
Sorry for the delayed response gents, been sooper busy. SO This server is on a Vote to Wipe schedule. 90 days after server opening it will be eligible for a vote to Wipe/ and or Change the map.

I can support doing this early, but we need nearly unanimous support. Based on the responses here i see there a number of players who would not support this move, too many to proceed.

Id like some input from a few other players, if I see consensus that the map needs to be changed we can do it. But only then.

Sipowicz

Server Admin
Staff member
ARK Admin
SE Admin
Here we are!!! 3 months ago we decided that PvPvE was too limiting to server growth, and was responsible for the lack of activity on our servers.
Since we already had Two servers that were PvE, we chose to take the newest of our maps, and Give it more of a PvP spin. In the hopes of attracting new players who could appreciate that sort of thing. Data since that time points out to us that moving closer to PvP has not helped our numbers over all. So in MY opinion this experiment has not worked.

Since Aberration sees so few players, and even less new players, I am willing to revisit our set-up on that map. To bring it more in line with our other PvE server, or just more in line with what its current players will appreciate.

This could mean slight tweaks to its current set up, or we can full on make it just like the other two PvE maps (Island/Rag).

Phillip

Staff
Staff member
ARK Admin
Supporter
I was originally interested in REV servers because of the "PvPvE" listing. I think the issue with Ab and traffic is that the map isn't easy, and very unforgiving. ORP kinda hurts PvP play style, and it takes a pretty long time to move around Ab already vs. flight on all the other maps.

I think it's important to keep PvP as an option on the cluster to bring in more players, but I'm not sure Aberration is the map for it.

Sipowicz

Server Admin
Staff member
ARK Admin
SE Admin
Im glad you bring that up @Phillip .

What I also should have mentioned is I REALLY want to maintain a PvP map on the cluster, maybe two. Right now we would be leaning on Volcano which is at the end of its season. We are going to Vote wipe, and choose a new season.... (map, maybe even style).

In the future we could open other maps as well.

But your last statement....
"I think it's important to keep PvP as an option on the cluster to bring in more players, but I'm not sure Aberration is the map for it."

Hits the nail on the head for me.

Sipowicz

Server Admin
Staff member
ARK Admin
SE Admin
Another reason this issue is coming up, is that ORP2 is going away AS SOON as i can do it. But that will change the dynamic on the map, and i want to make sure everyone is ready for that.

Hi, well since we have a full topic here i would like to chime in, full disclosure this is just MY opinion i am not trying to step on anyone's ideas just thought of something that could work.

Yes aberration is not an easy map, more than 60% of the map can't be build on, because of the map design of moving from an horizontal to a vertical layout makes it hard enough for people to move around.Now with that being said Abe would have to keep an appeal that no other server has, you know like an incentive. For example the taming/breeding rates maybe turned down a bit more, since rates are super high compared to the other ones i would say notch it down a bit more, to the point where an "Monthly" breeding event or taming event is possible. at the rates where they are just taming anything feels tooo easy. wayyy to much.

I would say bring rates down, re balance if possible the loot table, like getting wood on a drop, makes me think twice about going to pick up that drop that just spawned in the distance. Maybe a mix of the original drops with a spice of extra things like few kibbles that can't be obtain on the map like Argentavis kibble for spinos. Enable structures placement collision without it building becomes 40 harder. Other than that i would say no other drastic changes would be needed.

PS. not sure if this would be great for abe due to the layout of the map and being able to make use of locations that could not be reach otherwise"building wise" possibly disable structure foundation support for abe? so we can think building up ? because clif platforms while they are great their structures placement leaves much to desire. like if you want to build a bridge over 2 cliff that are 2 feet away from each other..but you have to put down 300 pillars just for you to be able to reach the otherside?. wich also means less building stuff on the server, should help with lag on the entire server overall.

Just spit balling some ideas here.

Jericho/SOG

Bronze Donor
I like Aberration and would hate for the map to be removed from the cluster as I like the more difficult PVE elements of it. If it was removed, we would need another map where Aberration dino's could be tamed and transferred off the map. I think you should turn up the fishing loot quality to promote people setting up some type of base on the server. One of the biggest issues if we decided to remove Abberation from the cluster is people who want ingame content lose the ability to ascend and complete the story to the point it is at now.

The struggle with PVP is that the community is so close knit that I can't see them wanting to grief, offline raid or kill friend's dinos. Maybe a more RP PVP Server would work better where you would have war days and the entire server would be in one of two tribes. Could give away prizes on the server of the players choice to promote participation.

Sipowicz

Server Admin
Staff member
ARK Admin
SE Admin
@Jericho/SOG Dont worry Im not considering removal of that map at all. Just making changes to its settings, try and spice things up for our crew. We tried to do the PvP thing to the extent we were willing. Something we hadn't been able to really try before. It didn't seem to work for that map. SO Im open to trying something else, that doesn't involve a wipe, or lose of ANY progress. I see Aberration as an important part of the game, I intend to keep that server going.

DudeAwesome

Server Admin
Staff member
ARK Admin
Supporter
Glad to see this brought back into discussion!
I'm with @Ryowatanabe201 about the rates. They just seem too high considering that nobody PvPs on Ab anymore. I feel like bringing it into the "PvE Cluster" would be the best course of action at this point. This would include the normal 2x rates with 3x REVolution events and 4x Breeding Frenzies, along with the enabling structure clipping (bDisableStructurePlacementCollision=true).

Considering the drops, I think reconfigure-ability could be considered. Though I love the set-up, it could use a few tweaks here and there IMO.

Also, I love the disabling of foundation support idea, yet I'm slightly skeptical. I've never used it before, so I'm unfamiliar with side-effects, if any exist.

Sipowicz

Server Admin
Staff member
ARK Admin
SE Admin
Im not opposed to bringing Aberration into the PvE cluster fold, matching its setting with the other servers.

I think disabling foundation support requirements is something that can be over abused. Increasing the foundation support radius might not be such a bad idea though. If we can find a fair number.

Sipowicz

Server Admin
Staff member
ARK Admin
SE Admin
So we have had a few suggestions on this matter....

Players have definitely grown accustom to the perks of the PvP change. While im willing to soften the blow of reverting many of those changes... IF we go back to whence we came... For the MOST part i dont want to deviate from our other servers. If we make things too easy/fast there wont be anything to play for long.

It seems all of our players are on board with throwing in towel on the PvP plan. So there will be a vote to turn PvP off for Aberration.

Along with that vote ill post info on what those changes entail.

The reasons?? The priority is to remove ORP2, im not willing to risk the integrity of the map with this mod any longer. This by its self is a substantial change especially for those who really only want to PvE.

Who knows where player activity will be, but since PvP players definitely aren't interested we might as well cater to the PvE players

Please comment below if you have something to say, especially if you disagree!!

Sipowicz

Server Admin
Staff member
ARK Admin
SE Admin
  • Do you prefer the server to be in PvE mode?
Do you think it would help activity if anything?

Basically we set the server to PvP to boost activity, that clearly didn't help. Most players preferred PvE even though they supported trying something new. Do we want to go back to PvE? Maybe at least then new PvE players would be more likely to join.

A few players feel it may still be possible to get PvP to happen, and im willing to hear more on that idea. So far any other approach I've seen would be very hard for admins to oversee.

There are some new tools available (https://arkserverapi.com/) that can allow us to take advantage of more structured PvP (timers, tribe wars, events) BUT IMO I think the servers base setting should be PvE.

ORP2 Gotta go. We're pushing it by still havin this on the map. Were lucky we haven't run into any serious issues yet.

IF we go back to PvE settings on Aberration (rates, S+ Engrams, ect.) will be changed to match the other servers. The only reason those were Raised/Added was to compensate for the added difficultly of PvP.

Other Things to consider IF this is something you guys wanna do:
--We can revisit some of those engrams
--We can give AB some "Slight" taming/maturing boosts (3x-vs-2x) over the other servers
--We plan to implement some sort of Voluntary PvP system either way
--This is it, we wont be making this change possible on this server again.
--IF players vote YES to go PvE, we will schedule that change. We hash out details first, and get them posted, then make changes

Ur Homie,

Sipo

75% majority wins this vote!
(Rock chewer %age not factored)

Last edited:

PudgyBudgy

Definitely agree with pve and lowering gather rates and such as well as making all rates the same across the servers.

However, we do hope that breeding/hatching/maturation be turned up to 3x across all maps as we are very into the breeding aspect and simply don't have time to sit all day watching babies as we are adults and have jobs/lives.

Also, about the pull feature, it is so nice to have and we don't necessarily agree that it makes things too easy, you still gotta farm resources and such, just helps speed crafting items along a bit. So we would love to see it on all maps as well and hopefully not removed completely.

Just our thoughts, but we love being here and the community and we will stay no matter what c:

Thank you Sipo and Admins!

Sipowicz

Server Admin
Staff member
ARK Admin
SE Admin
@PudgyBudgy
I’m not opposed to raising breeding rates across the board. Also, ill take a closer look at the pulling feature. If i find it, in its current state, to be a healthy game addition ill consider it. I do believe it’s configurable, that may help us. If I can be ok with both of those things, and the community is ok with any changes to the other maps, we can do it. In the meantime, i won’t pull those features from AB until we know if we are gonna add them to the others or not.

And Thank YOU, for being a part of the Community!

Last edited: