Lone Survivor

C

Cabal

Saw this yesterday!
Yes! We are a little behind here in Sweden :) But it's a good movie and I recommend it if you fancy bromantic, gritty, hurting, contemporary war stories with Hollywood's favorit SF unit (SEALs) ;)
I wrote something about it on my movie review blog, 35mm Warrior.

RivaCom

Forum Master
Staff member
Bronze Donor
Supporter
Lol no worries on being behind. I'm a person who hate to goto the movie theather but loves a at home theater experience. So I still have yet to watch anything related to the Marvel Avengers.

I have heard good things about Lone Survivor, i'll have to add it to my list of movies to watch once my home theater is setup.

C

Cabal

It's so bad now days (being a little grumpy, again). People tend to believe they are home in there living rooms while in the theater. So much talking, noises and kicking on the back of you're seat, mobiles. And the cost! You can buy the Blu-ray edition of the movie for the same price as the ticket :( But there I go again, lol!

Avengers is a nice movie, as action goes. But skip both Thor and Captain America, not worth it.

Rexigar

Forum Master
Staff member
Not sure if you saw Captain America: The Winter Soldier, but it was excellent. I would say a must see for fans of Marvel, whether you like Captain America or not.

C

Cabal

So Winter Soldier is better then the first?
Might have to reconsider then :)

RivaCom

Forum Master
Staff member
Bronze Donor
Supporter
It's so bad now days (being a little grumpy, again). People tend to believe they are home in there living rooms while in the theater. So much talking, noises and kicking on the back of you're seat, mobiles. And the cost! You can buy the Blu-ray edition of the movie for the same price as the ticket :( But there I go again, lol!

Avengers is a nice movie, as action goes. But skip both Thor and Captain America, not worth it.
That's always been my thought, and I don't know if you guys have Redbox over there, but basically it's a blu-ray/dvd vending machine. So Granted I don't have a projector yet. If I goto the movies with my family, it's 3 tickets at let's ball park $12 a person(seems low). We get a drink, popcorn, and candy ($15 dollars at least). So I just spent $50-60 dollars on the movie. Heck you could even factor in gas too.

If I get a projector. I'll rent a movie for $1.50 that i pick up on the way home from work. We buy a box of candy $1 at walmart, and a box of popcorn($3ish?) I just spent $5.50 for a movie instead of $60. Granted there is a equipment cost but. say in a year I watch 24 movies(2 movies a month). 24 x $60 is $1440. $5.50 x 24 = $132. Sounds like great savings to me, and I can justify the cost of the projector and still have money left over to buy speakers for 7.1 surround.