Europa Universalis IV (Screenshots and explainations)

Global Domination or world domination?

• world domination

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Global Domination

Votes: 1 100.0%

• Total voters

Davkas

Regular
Good evening all, that's right it's time for another rambling chat by you most average socially challenged user Davkas, so shut up and sit down. Be prepared for tedious rambling!

So to begin with just what is Europa Universalis IV? Well instead of me giving my glorified (and exceedingly boring, monotonous, and droning) description, I just ripped it off of the steam profile. so here it is:

"Fulfill Your Quest For Global Domination. Paradox Development Studio is back with the fourth installment of the award-winning Europa Universalis series. The empire building game Europa Universalis IV gives you control of a nation to guide through the years in order to create a dominant global empire. Rule your nation through the centuries, with unparalleled freedom, depth and historical accuracy. True exploration, trade, warfare and diplomacy will be brought to life in this epic title rife with rich strategic and tactical depth."

May I please draw you attention to the following line "Fulfill Your Quest For Global Domination", look at it, look at it again, not just world domination, look it is even capitalized "Global Domination" yes I know they mean the same damn thing but Global just sounds cooler, right?

Anyhow, instead of me vainly trying to explain the game I thought I would just post up some screen shots of some of my more successful games in the posts following this one with a little explanation about each. (Please bare in mind that for every successful game I have played of this I have failed more than I care to mention.)
The picture you see below is the national boarders of the world (and the game) in the year 1444.View attachment 164

Attachments

Davkas

Regular
Well I'm kinda at the mid point of the game so far and this is what it looks like now.
View attachment 168
As you can see, I've expanded a little bit... I'll go into that in the next picture. I just want people to enjoy this picture and I will be making references to it in a short while after the next picture upload

Attachments

Davkas

Regular
This shot was taken about 30 seconds after the one above so nothing has changed except what is highlighted, the one above shows national boarders. The one below shows what diplomatic status I, as Austria, have with whatever nation it is.
View attachment 169
So here we go with a quick colour key.
Dark green: Land owned and directly controlled by me.
Britain blue: Alliance with the nation (colour named because Britain is that colour right now.)
Turquoise in Europe: it means they are a direct Vassel under Austria.
Turquoise in the America's: they are a Colonial nation run by Austria. (Yes Florida, the West Indies, and the area around Panama are all Austrian)

Attachments

N

NinjaGirl

Dude fantastic and clear - super welll done! I would be very interested in thism.

Davkas

Regular
I'll post more screens at some point in the near future, but I'm being lazy right now so meh.
Also I'm slightly bored right of Austria right now, so if anyone wants me to play as a place just list it here and I'll try them out, just please don't pick anyone in the America's, as they are freaking hard to play as.

P

poispois

looks good I don't have the IV one III. conquer the world is always something nice :D

Davkas

Regular
HAZZAH!!!!! Freaking finally I have finished one game! WOOP! I now give to you the humble beginnings of the Mughal Empire!View attachment 172
That little green blob, in central Russia, will over the course of, just shy of, four centuries become a the forth most power nation on earth.

Attachments

Davkas

Regular
Now without further ado, allow me to show you what it has become!
View attachment 173
As you can see, central and eastern Russia is now fully under my command, and I even colonized a small amount of Australia (I would have had more but the Netherlands beat me to it). The blue mass in Arabia are my two allies, the Ottoman empire and the Syrian Kingdom. If you look closely at Arabia you may see a small sliver of green, that is because I control Mecca and the surrounding lands, keeping it safe from Christian hands. The turquoise blob on the west of my land is actually three vassal states that I control, Nogai, Kazan, and Perm, (southern, central, northern)
A few interesting stats;
I control the most provinces in the world at 278,
I have the largest army in the world, half a million men at arms, with a reserve of more than a million.
I had the sixth largest navy in the world, dispute only gaining access to the sea in the latter half of the third century of the game.
I make the most income every year, but currently I am not the richest as I spent a lot of money recently.
View attachment 174
And that is the world showing country boarders. A few amusing facts, the blue country at the top of south America, Colombia, is Scottish. England kicked the seven shades of shit and snot out of the fledgling USA in a brutal but short-lived bid for independence. England, Scotland and Portugal all colonized New Zeeland. Japan forcefully was converted to Christianity by it own people. Norway colonized almost all of Canada. France took some land from Castile very early in the game and which stopped them ever forming Spain. Castilian (spainish) south Africa, Scottish Madagascar, and so much more that I cannot even remember!

Attachments

P

poispois

Dudes this posts are amazing. I really want to start playing this again after reading your adventures!

P

poispois

btw, if I was to get this, would you recommend the normal edition or the one with all the dlcs? would that edition be worth the extra cash?

Davkas

Regular
The DLC edition, the expansion dlc improves the game vastly, adding so much variety to the game that it is silly.

N

NinjaGirl

Yeha man keep these up they are so well written and just all round great!! Well done dude!!!

P

poispois

I was thinking of starting with Portugal, for obvious reasons and we kicked ass in the medival times. Do you think it's a difficult countries to start, for someone who is "new" in the game?

Davkas

Regular
Well Poispois I personally would recommend Portugal as good for a newbie, but I seriously recommend doing the tutorial, it isn't that good but it gives you an idea of what to do, and perhaps watching a lets play tutorial of any country on youtube.
If you didn't get any DLC this video seems fairly good for Portugal, if you did get the DLC then well it's better than nothing.
Right just a few tips for the early game;
Remember this game has a stupidly steep learning curve, I've got nearly 250 hours logged and I still don't know half the game. So if you screw up and lose half your land, don't beat yourself up. Just reload an older save, or end the game and try another country. (Or be a man and continue on, but that is hard)
Sell ceuta back to Morocco, as soon as you can. It will save you a lot of trouble.
Do not fail into Castiles bad books, DO NOT RIVAL THEM EVER, keep them happy and secure an alliance with them asap. (Once you understand the game a bit more, then you can look to beating them with a stick, just be patient.)
If England calls you into the war at the start of the game with France, join but do not assist. It is very nearly impossible to win the war. all you will do is lose men and ship for no gain whatsoever.
Oh yes, you will start with a general (gloves) and an explorer (spyglass), dismiss the general on day one, you won't need him and he's a drain on military power points.

That's all I can think of right now, Good luck sir!

P

poispois

Well Poispois I personally would recommend Portugal as good for a newbie, but I seriously recommend doing the tutorial, it isn't that good but it gives you an idea of what to do, and perhaps watching a lets play tutorial of any country on youtube.
If you didn't get any DLC this video seems fairly good for Portugal, if you did get the DLC then well it's better than nothing.
Right just a few tips for the early game;
Remember this game has a stupidly steep learning curve, I've got nearly 250 hours logged and I still don't know half the game. So if you screw up and lose half your land, don't beat yourself up. Just reload an older save, or end the game and try another country. (Or be a man and continue on, but that is hard)
Sell ceuta back to Morocco, as soon as you can. It will save you a lot of trouble.
Do not fail into Castiles bad books, DO NOT RIVAL THEM EVER, keep them happy and secure an alliance with them asap. (Once you understand the game a bit more, then you can look to beating them with a stick, just be patient.)
If England calls you into the war at the start of the game with France, join but do not assist. It is very nearly impossible to win the war. all you will do is lose men and ship for no gain whatsoever.
Oh yes, you will start with a general (gloves) and an explorer (spyglass), dismiss the general on day one, you won't need him and he's a drain on military power points.

That's all I can think of right now, Good luck sir!
thank you dude I will investigate :)

Davkas

Regular
FUCK!!! A few more things!!!!!
Before you start the game, go to options and turn "Lucky nations" and "Bonus" off (None is what it will read), both of them! <<<< MUST DO!!! VITAL!
Hell I'd recommend putting it on easy as well, but that's just one mans opinion