Elite: Dangerous

P

poispois

Does anyone here has Elite: Dangerous or is planning in getting it?
The game looks truly beautiful!
https://www.elitedangerous.com/
I have been wanting it for some time and a few days ago I played it in a friends house and it was really something...
Right now money is a bit tight and with the coming release of Homeworld: Remastered it gets even harder to get everything!
I really want to get it in the close future. It would be great to know that I would have someone to play with...

(should you buy Elite:Dangerous?)

(One huge PVP fight)

E

Everest78

I've been following but never taken the plunge. Asked an old TG friend if he had purchased it the week it was released but seems he has the same feeling. :(

It does look truly awesome and a game that I would quite happily play 24 hrs pulling sickies from work and eating microwaved pizza at the desk. ahh...the gaming food of champions! o_O

RivaCom

Forum Master
Staff member
Bronze Donor
Supporter
I recall hearing about this. But there was something that set this apart from star citizen but i can't remember what.

E

Everest78

The amount of hours I've spent on Frontier Elite II on the Amiga is untrue. I just wish I had the hours to play all I want now!

Loved the bulletin board and immersing myself in my own little loaner world. More often than not choosing the pirate/up to no good path. :cool:

P

poispois

I recall hearing about this. But there was something that set this apart from star citizen but i can't remember what.
there are the same type of game, but different.
Elite is more realistic in terms of scientific space things, starcitizen no so much.
on Elite the galaxy is real you can visit every system that exists today (most of the systems are randomized), Elite is a bit more focussed on single player than starcitizen (there is still plenty of mp).
Starcitizen will have a lot more modules: FPS, boarding, multi crew, big ass ships with 16+ crew members. In a way it's an utopia of a project.

According to reviews if you have a joystick the game is real good... my case since christmas :D

RivaCom

Forum Master
Staff member
Bronze Donor
Supporter
I'll probably stay away, Although I won't have time for Star Citizen, I'd love a game that realistically was SWG minus Star Wars.

E

Everest78

A bit different to my first experience of Elite :D

There is sound (it isn't broken!)

P

poispois

I loved freelancer (same creator as Starcitizen), so I'll probably fell right at home with it... If only I had the money...

N

NSH4RPY

Well i finally picked it up after watching @poispois play, havent had a chance to have a go yet but will probably stream it for a bit tomorrow

E

Everest78

Boring Saturday.... Money in my pocket......It was gonna happen at some point anyway :D just don't tell the wife. (although she will notice I wont be surfacing until next week)

E

Everest78

Hahaha on Valentine's too! I smell trouble comin ur way! ;) ;)
haha. It is however, a 2 way street and I am also entitled to kick off at any point when things are against me, say 'IT'S OK' then not speak for 3 days. thems the rules. (as far as I understand them)

Luckily, she has ran off to the beauty salon and left me as the responsible parent for 2 hours, so it will be the perfect crime!!!

Last edited:
E

Everest78

My God....My head is exploding! :confused: I'm almost in tears with how immersing and beautiful this is but sooooo much to fit in my brain box.

I'm missing the simplicity of Frontier but loving the possibilities of Elite Dangerous! :) just wish I was 14 with weekends and no responsibilities :rolleyes:

N

NSH4RPY

Cant wait to try out the new patch, the features are fantastic :D

C

conithwolf

i just got the game is anyone will to play this game still it would be great to play with people and all if any of u want hit me up on here we can add each other on steam and play

Giant

Regular
I own it, I haven't really got into it though. I have it installed, it's pretty uh..hard to just jump into.