Element Bug

Ellium

WoW Officer
Staff member
Officer
WoW Team
Taken from ark wiki "Sometimes the Manticore doesn't drop Element, so the amount will be less" also is noted as similar bug but NOT related to it "Unfortunately due to a bug, if the player deals the killing blow to the Manticore, no element will be rewarded." So even if you do not deal the final blow to the manticore it is still a possibility of the manticore no droping element. This being a game known issue related to the Ragnarok map.
While I certainly understand and appreciate that this is an issue that is caused directly by the game itself, it is also a hinderance to the end game of ARK itself and to those members of tribes that are trying to accomplish these tasks. In brief conversations with admins I have been made aware that this bug (which has impacted my tribe The Paragon about a half a dozen times in the last week) will no longer be corrected by the admins on this server. I respect and observe that decision, but as a member of this community I would also like to share my opinion and how I feel about the issue that we are discussing in this post.

Obviously, it is the purpose of the staff that is working on this great cluster of servers to try and improve and bring players into the community. There are a number of things currently being discussed to bring players together and encourage others to try and explore harder content as well as content that isn't readily available on this server. I myself have made an effort to assist in such events and like to think that I am very invested in the future of this cluster and its success. For that reason I am motivated to offer my thoughts here, and no one is under any duress to agree with them or even heed them if necessary.

A lot of recent discussions are specific to the quality of life of the existing player base and new players joining our servers for the first time. Things like implementing the S+ Nanny and coming up with fair ways to continuously improve the experiences for those involved. Some times admins are called on to help pull up foundations, or get a player unstuck after falling through the world or something of that nature. These are also bugs that Wild Card has recognized in the game (and is, or is not patching). That being said, our Admins are happy to assist a player so that he or she doesn't lose their equipment or get stuck and be unable to play the game. This bug is similar to that, in fact it can be fixed with about 5 minutes of effort. About the same amount of time it takes to get a player out of the inside of the world, or finding sunk foundations.

Please understand if this was something that didn't take hours of preparation, farming and organizing to accomplish, then it wouldn't be as big of an issue as it is. However working so hard to accomplish the arena battle and continue to build on ones tribe and what they might have is severely hindered if we don't take action to assist in this.

I would ask, humbly, if you would consider changing your stance on this. Just because the game can have a bug that ends up in a less then ideal situation, I would hope as admins of this cluster you would make up for the lapse in stability in the base game as we do with other bugs and game breaking defects that exist in the base level game. If this is something you feel is too taxing on your current staff, I would be happy to offer my assistance to further elevate any issues that are found on the servers if other Admins are not available.

Please let me know your thoughts, and I welcome an open discussion concerning this particular issue.

Thank you!

Sipowicz

Server Admin
Staff member
ARK Admin
SE Admin
The primary issue with this bug, as with bugs we have had in the past (eg. Baby dinos randomly starving), is we cannot not guarantee with certainly that the situation will not be abused by players in general.

Anytime we have to spawn in a valuable resource that is taken seriously. We have all agreed that it is best to treat this as an expected result of doing those Fights, until wild card fixes the issue. The bugs you have mentioned are all minor random issues that we can resolve with out having to worry about the nature of the issue. More than a matter of man power, its a matter of protecting the integrity of the admins in terms of trust for all players. The human "element" almost ensures it will become a problem (using my server running experience as a guide).

I respect the difficulty involved, but repeated spawning in of element for players is a can of worms we don't want open. If it was every once in a while, it wouldn't be a problem. But it seems to be every time.

With that being said I will discuss this further with the ARK Committee and consider your position.

Ellium
While I certainly understand and appreciate that this is an issue that is caused directly by the game itself, it is also a hinderance to the end game of ARK itself and to those members of tribes that are trying to accomplish these tasks. In brief conversations with admins I have been made aware that this bug (which has impacted my tribe The Paragon about a half a dozen times in the last week) will no longer be corrected by the admins on this server. I respect and observe that decision, but as a member of this community I would also like to share my opinion and how I feel about the issue that we are discussing in this post.

Obviously, it is the purpose of the staff that is working on this great cluster of servers to try and improve and bring players into the community. There are a number of things currently being discussed to bring players together and encourage others to try and explore harder content as well as content that isn't readily available on this server. I myself have made an effort to assist in such events and like to think that I am very invested in the future of this cluster and its success. For that reason I am motivated to offer my thoughts here, and no one is under any duress to agree with them or even heed them if necessary.

A lot of recent discussions are specific to the quality of life of the existing player base and new players joining our servers for the first time. Things like implementing the S+ Nanny and coming up with fair ways to continuously improve the experiences for those involved. Some times admins are called on to help pull up foundations, or get a player unstuck after falling through the world or something of that nature. These are also bugs that Wild Card has recognized in the game (and is, or is not patching). That being said, our Admins are happy to assist a player so that he or she doesn't lose their equipment or get stuck and be unable to play the game. This bug is similar to that, in fact it can be fixed with about 5 minutes of effort. About the same amount of time it takes to get a player out of the inside of the world, or finding sunk foundations.

Please understand if this was something that didn't take hours of preparation, farming and organizing to accomplish, then it wouldn't be as big of an issue as it is. However working so hard to accomplish the arena battle and continue to build on ones tribe and what they might have is severely hindered if we don't take action to assist in this.

I would ask, humbly, if you would consider changing your stance on this. Just because the game can have a bug that ends up in a less then ideal situation, I would hope as admins of this cluster you would make up for the lapse in stability in the base game as we do with other bugs and game breaking defects that exist in the base level game. If this is something you feel is too taxing on your current staff, I would be happy to offer my assistance to further elevate any issues that are found on the servers if other Admins are not available.

Please let me know your thoughts, and I welcome an open discussion concerning this particular issue.

Thank you!
Ellium i understand where you're coming from. I have also suffered this bug, But there's a reason why i made clear my stance on this situation, i respect the admin position I've been granted and my main goal while i perform this duty is to carry it out as faithful as i can to the set of rules i was given. If that makes me a "wildcard" employee? the so be it. Sometimes i might seem like a douche of an admin because i am the guy saying NO where others are saying YES, and since this was known to happen its clear that this is a game issue A GAME BRAKING ONE of course i know it takes a lot of resources to get to that boss point BUT the issue is what what sippo has mentioned. And where it would put us admins, basically there is no way to guarantee this will not be exploited also even if there is proof will put us in a place where if this happens we will need to ask every time "where's proof?" which will in my view will make the gap between admins and players wider basically. We put mods and change settings on the servers to make them as user friendly as we can. but sadly there's so much we can do to hinge those faults and this is one of them.

Edit.

You have to remember we are also players on the same servers last thing we want is for our "player" time to be affected by the decisions we made as an admin.

DudeAwesome

Server Admin
Staff member
ARK Admin
Supporter
Everyone here makes a very fair point.

However I can't help but think that the loss of the element is a hard coded bug at this point......but is it? We can go back and forth about it, whether it is or not.

A line must be drawn.

I believe the main problem we face as admins is that fact that our small community is growing to be not so small, and with growth, professionalism must be developed. We can't micro-analyze every case of everything bug-related or else we couldn't have lives. That's where certain lines MUST (IMO) be drawn. The game is built on a house of bugs and glitches that people tend to circumvent.

I understand @Ellium , believe me I do. I've lost many hours of time and sleep to this sort.
However, in accordance with what I said about community growth, it is my opinion that we let it continue as being a reoccurring bug.