Dual Monitor's

Discussion in 'Computer Hardware' started by Bootscrapper, Aug 17, 2014.

1. Bootscrapper

Bootscrapper Active Member Revenant Ambassador Revenant Member Silver Donator b Gold Donator

Ok i just set up a second monitor on my System. the problem im having is that when playing a game in full screen on my main monitor, if i click on an app running on the second monitor such as Google chrome or TS it minimizes my game. anyone know how to fix this?

2. Drengarblar

Drengarblar Guest

is your game in Borderless window? if it is in borderless windowed mode then you shouldn't have that issue

3. OP
    Bootscrapper

Bootscrapper Active Member Revenant Ambassador Revenant Member Silver Donator b Gold Donator

Yea once i changed it to windowed it dosn't happen anymore. Thanks

2 people like this.
  4. Drengarblar

Drengarblar Guest

5. RivaCom

RivaCom Well-Known Member Staff Member

Discord:
    Riva#0219
    This is only good for games that don't require aiming(MMOish games) FPS shooters you will not want to do this as you'll find your mouse going outside the window as your trying to aim at someone. With FPS, you just have to deal with the alt-tab issue.

I believe there is a program that combats it, but I can't recall the name of it.

6. Dude

Dude Guest

7. OP
    Bootscrapper

Thanks @Dude that helps. and yea @RivaCom i have noticed that problem, i will just play FPS games with the second window turned off.

8. foo

foo Guest

Not all games. Run L4D2 in a borderless fullscreen window and it keeps the cursor inside the game renderer. It means you still have to alt tab, but you're only alt-tabbing to another window so it's not as bad. There's a lot of titles that allow you to run in a borderless window but keep the cursor captured inside the game.

9. Rexigar

Rexigar Well-Known Member Staff Member

The only issue with SWTOR that I have encountered. If you do the Galactic Space PvP you can move your aiming reticle to the other monitors and when you fire, you stop controlling your ship until you click in the main monitor. Other than that, I have had zero issues.