Drone & postrock

F

foo

Any drone/postrock fans out there?

In my older age I've started gravitating towards music that is purely instrumental, mainly because I find that obtuse lyrics tend to get in the way of the musical fidelity. There are exceptions of course but on the whole I much prefer to listen to an instrumental piece these days.

Anyway, these guys are great if you like drone (actually a subset of drone called drone doom):

And for postrock, these guys are my favourite artists of all time, they create such vast musical landscapes that honestly I don't know how they fucking do it. Seeing them live last year was amazing:

Enjoy!

Or don't. But if you don't, I'll find you. And I will cut you.

RivaCom

Forum Master
Staff member
Bronze Donor
Supporter
I enjoy non lyric music, but non lyric that slow bugs me for some reason. Here are examples of what i've listened to in the past.

P

poispois

well, it's not the same but I think it's related. Earthless and Radio Moscow - psychadelic roc.

F

foo

Dude, Radio Moscow rule. All of Pink Floyd's early stuff was psychedelic/space rock. Perfect for getting high to :D

Drone takes me to another dimension though, it's crazy.

P

poispois

i'm still to find a song that can beat comfortably numb from pink floyd!

F

foo

Wish you were here is my favourite album, Comfortably Numb is great but the guitar solo in Time on Darkside of the Moon is better :D

P

poispois

it's pink floyd, I can't find an album that's bad. they are good, ones can be better than other but they are still all good.

D

Drengarblar

I enjoy non lyric music, but non lyric that slow bugs me for some reason. Here are examples of what i've listened to in the past.

I like Animals As Leaders, we had Tosin Abasi do a clinic at my work last month and it was awesome :)

I do enjoy instrumental music and Dream Theater does awesome stuff. They are my all time favourite band. Two of my favourite instrumentals from them are "Dance of Eternity" and "Erotomania". Absolutely fantastic songs and I will definetly learn how to play both eventually!