Destiny

B

Behold_Galvatron

I dont suppose there's any PS4 destiny players here?

B

Behold_Galvatron

Will do man sadly my ps4 has decided to not read the destiny disc and only the destiny disc

RivaCom

Forum Master
Staff member
Bronze Donor
Supporter
XBOX FOR LIFE! I actually downloaded destiny on xbox one(trial) to try it out again, it was fun but limited last time i played(beta). So we'll see if it's improved at all.

B

Behold_Galvatron

It's starting to come together, with the taken king it feels like a complete game now also completely re dipping peter dinklege with Nolan north is a vast improvement

Bootscrapper

V.I.P.
Revenant Member
Revenant Ambassador
Bronze Donor
Yea Riv, i played a lot during the first year. the main thing that saved it for me was the gameplay was just a lot of fun. Now with the taken king Expansion it's gotten a whole lot better. they've add more MMO elements to the game, there are actual quest lines that you can complete to get the good look instead of waiting on their atrocious random drop system to give you something worth using. You get a better sense of progression now, it feels like there is more stuff to do.

Bootscrapper

V.I.P.
Revenant Member
Revenant Ambassador
Bronze Donor
It's starting to come together, with the taken king it feels like a complete game now also completely re dipping peter dinklege with Nolan north is a vast improvement
I honestly didn't think that Peter Dinklage was the problem there, because if you go back and play some of the early missions even with Nolan North bad dialog is still bad dialog. but the new ghost lines are a huge improvement over the original.

B

Behold_Galvatron

It's cos dinklege lines were monotone, Nolan north adds a bit of emotion, but incident think dinklage done a bad job either

RivaCom

Forum Master
Staff member
Bronze Donor
Supporter
There's a podcast called the instance that talks about this a little. They say the original downfall of Destiny, was that they made it sound like a MMO. When in fact it was more like Diablo style gameplay. I haven't had a chance to actually dive in but suggestions? Titan seems to be not my style but hunter or warlock?

B

Behold_Galvatron

There's very little difference between the classes aside from the supers, titan has better armour, hunter can move faster and the warlock has better recovery.

Bootscrapper

V.I.P.
Revenant Member
Revenant Ambassador
Bronze Donor
I roll Warlock all the way. Like Galvatron said titan has better armor and their supers are pretty good, you can either pop a protective bubble around you where you take no damage or you get Thor's hammer and throw them at people or do this massive ground pound that destroys everything around you. the Hunter has either blade dancer which lets you streak around slicing everything in sight with a magic sword. the golden gun is basically a one shot kill for so many shots. and the new one is a magic bow and arrow, one of the perks to it is it does damage and anchors enemys in one spot. the Warlock has Voidwalker where you shoot a massive void ball at people that explodes and kills them. the Sunsinger is basically a revive you can be killed and resurrect yourself. the newest class is basically you turn into emperor palpatine and float around shooting lightning out of your hands which is pretty fun.

the really cool thing about the game is that different classed are really good at certain parts of the game, like you could actually solo the second raid as a hunter or titan fairly easily once you got the higher level gear and weapons, you could do this as a warlock as well but it was much harder In my opinion. the raid was just one example off the top of my head and in all actuality it was kind of a bad thing cause it broke the game basically and didn't force you to work together with other people. the new raid however has seemed to fix this problem and it requires a lot more teamwork. it's more immersive now if one person on your team isn't doing their job it's a wipe. now this will change slightly once people start getting geared up more and i'm sure it will be a little easier to carry a lower level character through a raid but it will still be tough.

All around i'm liking the new expansion a lot. the improvements from last year are huge and have fixed a lot of problems. some of the problems that they fixed are the things that you didn't even realize were problems until they changed them.

B

Behold_Galvatron

When then game came out there were so many problems it felt half finished feels a lot better not just wish my disc would work.

B

Behold_Galvatron

Aye it's just my disk tried it after the update it keeps saying my disc is Unrecognised or damaged or dirty even though the disc is spotless

Bootscrapper

V.I.P.
Revenant Member
Revenant Ambassador
Bronze Donor
sweet man. I'm on a little during the week mostly late at night around 11:30 my time and a lot during the weekends. just send me an invite if you see me on we can hook up.