Crystal Isles Spawns Suggestions

Would you like to increase the spawn multiplier on CI and see better spawn level distribution?

• No

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Spawn Multiplier but not Spawn Level Distribution

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

JamesBond.wg

Regular
Revenant Member
Supporter
Howdy y'all,

I would like to suggest two things with Crystal Isles, and see if others would be on board.

1. I would like to see better Spawn Level Distribution throughout, just as we've done with the other maps to match the quality of caliber Ragnarok and The Center defaulted with. This would bring a much needed QoL improvement to CI.

2. I would also like to see a change to the spawn multiplier on CI. If the default is set to 1.0, I would like to suggest we move the slider to 2.0 as example. Crystal Isles is one hell of a big beautiful map, but a good 75% of it is completely bare. Granted some of that has to do with WC removing certain things, but I think we could all agree that CI is in desperate need for more Dino's. This would be a HUGE QoL improvement to CI, and not be a turn off to many.

Kind Regards,
Stephen a.k.a. JamesBond.wg
:)

Chemayla

Regular
Revenant Member
Supporter
I dont think the spawn multiplies would work out cause for some reason on that map dino are spawning in big chunks of dinos and its would totally fubar if someone was near. The lvls are crap

Phillip

Staff
Staff member
ARK Admin
Supporter
I dont think the spawn multiplies would work out cause for some reason on that map dino are spawning in big chunks of dinos and its would totally fubar if someone was near.
This is what I'm worried about. The spread isn't effected by the multiplier, so these clusters of dinos would be huge and still not fix the bare spots. Because of the clustered dinos I feel like this more a Wildcard issue than a spawn rate issue...

I'm always on board with the increased level api though. 👌

JamesBond.wg

Regular
Revenant Member
Supporter
Blasphemy is all I see here. I want it my way, and my way only... :p * In all seriousness, I did some reading today, and these issues with CI pertaining to the groupings of several dinos in 1 spot has been consistently going on for 3 years. Such a shame. So I guess there really is no fix for the empty parts of the map, minus maybe future updates/addons that deliberately aim at addressing that. In the meantime, I would love to see higher quality Spawns/Dino's/Tames. :) Thanks y'all.

Phillip

Staff
Staff member
ARK Admin
Supporter
I added the Better Spawn Distribution api to Crystal Isles and did a dino wipe this morning. Hopefully the levels are better now.