Don't forget to vote for our servers! VOTE NOW!
  • This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

Broken Spawns (149.56.29.151:27021)

Sipowicz

Server Admin
Staff member
Officer
Greetings Commanders!!

Ill get right to the chase. I spent a WHOLE bunch of time setting up a new map for this game (didn't like the stock Star System). Using the existing "Star System" spawn points I placed new planets. Unfortunately somehow during the transfer of the world files, my spawn points were lost.

The only solution through all available tools from Keen, is to start the map over.....

I should be able to copy and paste grids into the new world AFTER players have joined it..... Copying grids before hand seems to leave them owner-less.

I have posted on the official forums, and will wait for a possible solution.

In the mean time I will have the replacement map running between now and weds. (I will leave the Old map running until its no longer active)

all those who want to switch over and bring their Grids with them get in touch with me.

DudeAwesome

Revenant Member
Personally, I'd totally understand wiping considering how important the spawns are. I'd be ok with losing my stuffs in order to have a complete map.

Sipowicz

Server Admin
Staff member
Officer
At some point tomomorrow @DudeAwesome ill launch the fixed map. Maybe we can practice bringing over Stations/ships. The planets will be unchanged, so everything will fit like a glove.

SEToolBox is pretty limited (Tool for manipulating game files). It allows me to copy grids as they are, which is great. But I could only get ownership to carry over on grids that belonged to me. I suspect because I was the only player to have loged into that instance of the map. Hopefully tomorrow I can confirm with another player that If they log in to the map BEFORE i transfer over their Ships/stations then ownership will carry over correctly.

DudeAwesome

Revenant Member
At some point tomomorrow @DudeAwesome ill launch the fixed map. Maybe we can practice bringing over Stations/ships. The planets will be unchanged, so everything will fit like a glove.

SEToolBox is pretty limited (Tool for manipulating game files). It allows me to copy grids as they are, which is great. But I could only get ownership to carry over on grids that belonged to me. I suspect because I was the only player to have loged into that instance of the map. Hopefully tomorrow I can confirm with another player that If they log in to the map BEFORE i transfer over their Ships/stations then ownership will carry over correctly.
I should be available tomorrow evening if you need a guinea pig.