PvP Server, Yes... Again!!

What map are using boi's?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
As for the transfers, Im willing to side with our players. BUT I just want to make sure everyone is keeping in mind what it costs. Our cluster is Unique. You don't see a lot, if any, other clusters out there were you can transfer from PvE, to PvP, and then back. So we need to make sure we are careful not to break any one mode with the what we "Allow".
Didn't seem to care about breaking the mode more than half of the people playing where happy with to start. So with that opinion out there, yes i believe personally that transfers should be back on being ask i'm not in anyway trying to have the stuff i've worked almost 2 years to get together to be run off with by someone that has only be around here for a month or few days or even longer than i've been here being as i worked rather damn hard to earn all i have. as it stands unless someone has been going to my old half gone base in rag its probably already decaded, but if it hasn't i still want my stuff on ab cause its the only map i have interest in. I'd post more to this but i'm not about to let my blood pressure to get that high again.

0sprey

I truly believe what we gain, in being able to move items and dinos off Ab to the island or rag is greater than the risks we might perceive for pvp. I actually find the idea of pvp more exciting, knowing that we could leverage all of the assets from other arks back to Ab.

As for limits on item transfers... I'm a little foggy on this, are we only worried about flyers/flyer eggs or other stuff?

Sipowicz

Server Admin
Staff member
ARK Admin
SE Admin
Didn't seem to care about breaking the mode more than half of the people playing where happy with to start.
Im not really sure what to say to that....

Considering the amount of time that was put into this plan on my behalf alone (not to mention other members), and the amount of consideration that went into what players would want.... I have to say you are WAY off base.

Im not really sure what to say to that....

Considering the amount of time that was put into this plan on my behalf alone (not to mention other members), and the amount of consideration that went into what players would want.... I have to say you are WAY off base.
you say this but when you put it into place a number of people went to another server, while you have other people that are not speaking up that have made plans to leave all together. i'm the one you keep hearing from mostly cause i'm an opinionated asshole thats quite vocal. and who doesn't mind being vocal for others as well. You want feed back, i give it, if you don't want it from me then feel free to tell me to shut up, that way i can know where things actually stand. also not sure how the polls things work seeing as forums are kinda a dead art that not many people use anymore. expecally when you can just chat in things like discord. but ether way my vote is for transfers ether way

As a side note, to be very clear i do not hold any contempt for you sip, you created a comunity i love and hold dear. I support alot of the things you've done in the past and will do so for a long time to come i'm sure but this is one i will the changes to ab so far are one choice i will stand against untill they are changed back or another ab server is opened up the way this one use to be, and my comments though harsh i'm sure are just me giving my most blunt and honest opinion.

P.S. i also dont like not having Drawing from containers for crafting D=<

Sipowicz

Server Admin
Staff member
ARK Admin
SE Admin
As much as I respect the opinions of our players, I can not sympathize with those who choose not to be a voice in this discussion thread. Especially those who would consider leaving our "Friendly, Hard working" community before taking part in the discussion that shapes the servers we play on. Despite the fact that forums have been used increasingly less for many tasks, its still the only viable way to hold this sort of discussion (Discord chat doesn't come close to cutting it). We also posted links referencing this discussion in Discord.

I absolutely DO want opinions from players, but that doesn't mean I want to keep beating a dead horse. With all things considered, aspects of this that wont change include
  • The fact that we droped "vE" from the Server tittle, and added rules to allow PvP on a PvP server.
    • We can keep making tweaks to dial the server in, but PvPvE is deader than gaming forums. SO im sorry but that will not come back.
  • I wouldn't have a problem running 10+ servers for ark so we could have all the modes and maps. Our current machine isn't big enough for that. So until our community grows larger (which will afford us more power), I want to limit us to 5 servers for ark (excluding temp, or Event maps)(We will be considering plans for an RP server which takes up that last slot). This give us flexibility to offer other games.
I HAVE heard your concerns on the other issues, and regarding the large change to the PvP rules. As we continue on I will keep those in mind. Anyone else who has an opinion needs to understand that these forums are the only real representation of their wishes I have. If they don't post... I can't know. I can't make it any easier.

Night

Regular
Revenant Member
Of course... I voted, "to remain the same."

I think balance is integral to the success of any server. It's why I designed the loot structure to scale based on area difficulty. Since I can't edit posts, I will be sure my message is concise. When it comes to gaming communities, I strongly believe you get what you put in and contributing to a community through consumption only sustains it, and does not grow it. Sip, put it gently, it is not viable to maintain servers for 4-5 people.

Since the changes, we've seen 11 new players and time played grow. I see people like Reo, building cool and unique Trump walls. Hobo's turrets and structures going up and more Barbers then I knew existed. People have changed their building habits and build what they can defend. This is extremely important to maintain healthy real estate to peak interest in new players. You can look to your own Ragnarok Server for proof of that. Rag, sees on average, 4 new players per day and an average lower time played than Aberration. No one new, who joins the Rag server, stays. That server, will not grow outside of the small group because of clutter created by a PvE mindset.

If you were to ask Sip, how much I rack my brain about finding a good balance, he will tell you. Every single change to the settings and structure has been a discussion. Something I work very hard to do, always keeping the mindset and opinions of the current player base in mind; something I put stock in. But to measure my worth or opinion as member in this community, based on time played or days in, is foolhardy and insulting. It's concerning and paints the community as closed off and unwilling to accept new players.

This is an up hill battle because there was no wipe before these changes. Many will join this already small map; find monstrous Nerd Parade Lagoramma structures and immediately leave. That is the unfortunate cost to preserving the work people already put in. Not everyone here is going to be playing Ark 2 months from now.. 6... 12.. months from now and without a health flow of new players, land for them to claim as their own, the servers will eventually wipe or be transitioned into other games. I am not speaking for Sip, but that is the nature of game server management.

Going to find an error the second I hit post. I CAN EDIT ONCE MORE HUZZAH

Last edited:

Secret Asian

Regular
Revenant Member
Supporter
Of course... I voted, "to remain the same."

I think balance is integral to the success of any server. It's why I designed the loot structure to scale based on area difficulty. Since I can't edit posts, I will be sure my message is concise. When it comes to gaming communities, I strongly believe you get what you put in and contributing to a community through consumption only sustains it, and does not grow it. Sip, put it gently, it is not viable to maintain servers for 4-5 people.

Since the changes, we've seen 11 new players and time played grow. I see people like Reo, building cool and unique Trump walls. Hobo's turrets and structures going up and more Barbers then I knew existed. People have changed their building habits and build what they can defend. This is extremely important to maintain healthy real estate to peak interest in new players. You can look to your own Ragnarok Server for proof of that. Rag, sees on average, 4 new players per day and an average lower time played than Aberration. No one new, who joins the Rag server, stays. That server, will not grow outside of the small group because of clutter created by a PvE mindset.

If you were to ask Sip, how much I rack my brain about finding a good balance, he will tell you. Every single change to the settings and structure has been a discussion. Something I work very hard to do and always keeping the mindset and opinions of the current player base in mind; something I put stock in. But to measure my worth or opinion as member in this community, based on time played or days in, is foolhardy and insulting. It's concerning and paints the community as closed off and unwilling to accept new players.

This is an up hill battle because there was no wipe before these changes. Many will join this already small map; find monstrous Nerd Parade Lagoramma structures and immediately leave. That is the unfortunate cost to preserving the work people already put in. Not everyone here is going to be playing Ark 2 months from now.. 6... 12.. months from now and without a health flow of new players, land for them to claim as their own, the servers will eventually wipe or be transitioned into other games. I am not speaking for Sip, but that is the nature of game server management.

Going find an error the second I hit post.

We are without number....the uncountable, the enigma at the end of the riddle...the pot od gold at the end of the rainbow....the dodo riding a unicorn...the unrelenting voice of chaos....!!!

you know sip i can't argue with your logic on the people that want to keep their mouth shut over the topic, cause at the end of the day without them speaking up to back me up i could easily just be full of crap.But as for every thing else, the group i've talk with none of use knew this was even happening till the day after, and of the two people i've talked to that did know this was happening telling me this choice/ discussion was made between 4ish people. Now with that side, that can always be false but i only have what i'm giving to go off of. though off of that the fact of nights on and on about not changing things back for "4-5 people" is so funny seeing as that sounds to me like what decided to make the changes in the first place. And only going on the info i have been told which can always be wrong, wasn't there dont know. But as from my end of talking to people you have over 10ish people rather pissed off and some out right hurt of this "dead horse" as you put it but i know at least 8 people that didn't get a voice in this choice at all, me as one of them, and i'm sure you posted it in general chat on the discord, but you have to remember that is normally a rather busy thing with lots of text to scroll though, and i can say honestly after an 8-12 hour day i'm not oging to scroll though a days worth of talking, i'm going to hop into the game so i can spend time with my friends. with that, those will be my final words on the matter in this forum, if you wish to talk to me more about it for any reason i ask you to talk to me personally in discord cause honestly and this is just me, trying to talk here feels very impersonal and a poor way to communicate, but thats just me, i dont like forums feel like a waste of time all i can really say is next time something like this comes up... take a bit more time to make sure everyone gets a voice, not just a few people.

Peace out from the winter wolf

Sipowicz

Server Admin
Staff member
ARK Admin
SE Admin
Im glad you get my point. Not sure what the rest of your post is going on about then.... but I fixed it for you!

you know sip i can't argue with your logic on the people that want to keep their mouth shut over the topic, cause at the end of the day I could easily just be full of crap. ;)

But as for every thing else, the group I've talk with none of use knew this was even happening till the day after (because we didn't pay attention to our "Beloved" community), and of the two people I've talked to that did know this was happening telling me this choice/ discussion was made between "20ish" People (the number of people who had been following the discussion at the time). Now with that side, that can always be false though off of that the fact of @Nights on and on about not changing things back for.....(blah blah missing the point.) And only going on the info i have been told which can always be wrong, wasn't there don't know (Glad we agree). But as from my end of talking to people you have over 10ish people... (blah blah more missing the point). I'm sure you posted it in general chat on the discord, but you have to remember that is normally a rather busy thing with lots of text to scroll though (Isn't that what I was saying? Hence the forums?), and i can say honestly after an 8-12 hour day i'm not going to scroll though a days worth of talking (@everyone gets tag'd, everyone gets notified), i'm going to ("Ignore important community discussions until they affect me"). with that, those will be my final words on the matter in this forum, if you wish to talk to me more about it for any reason i ask you to talk to me personally in discord cause honestly and this is just me, trying to talk here feels very impersonal and a poor way to communicate, but thats just me (your right its just you), i dont like forums feel like a waste of time (?) all i can really say is next time something like this comes up... (don't ever change anything).

Peace out from the winter wolf
:cool:

TomUnderWater

Regular
Revenant Member
Would like to propose a vote to change maps for high rate pvp. Over the past few weeks my tribe mates and I have run into some issues that are starting to make it a bit difficult to play on this map. Stuff like flying/swimming through world borders, random crashes and fps drops that at times happen over and over and worst of all.. the metal and crystal nodes in volcano are difficult, sometimes impossible to harvest.

Id like to see us move over to Ragnarok. We'd get to keep the SE and vanilla content and bring back the smoothe gameplay weve come to know and love on Rev servers.

Last edited:

-187- ŽΣĠǺŅ

Staff
Staff member
ARK Admin
Supporter
I agree. The lag when passing the volcano almost crashes the pc. The variety of stuff on the volcano map is amazing but its too glitchy. So many spots in caves where there is no wold below you and spots like rodeo said. Im totally down for a wipe and re do with rag.

Drizzt

We are playing on Volcano map right now as well and really enjoying it.I know the map can be a little rough around the edges. The ping has been in the 30's for my tribe but some days we do get the occasional crash. I vote to keep this map for these reasons. Its cool to be able to do every boss fight on one map. Its also really nice to have Aberration, Scorched Earth and Island dinos and climates all in one map. We have only had one map issue where a wild dino got stuck in the ground. I put up a large metal base up in two days almost by myself and haven't had any metal node issues.