Aberration and PvP

Discussion in 'Ark' started by Night, Jan 19, 2018.

?

Aberration Item Transfer

Poll closed Jan 30, 2018.
  1. Allow items both ways (certain restrictions will be applied when/if available)

7 vote(s)
    87.5%
  2. Allow them only to Aberration (opposite from current setting)

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. Allow them only FROM Aberration (current setting)

1 vote(s)
    12.5%
  1. Syden Narccus

Syden Narccus New Member

Discord:
    Syden_narccus#4966
    you say this but when you put it into place a number of people went to another server, while you have other people that are not speaking up that have made plans to leave all together. i'm the one you keep hearing from mostly cause i'm an opinionated asshole thats quite vocal. and who doesn't mind being vocal for others as well. You want feed back, i give it, if you don't want it from me then feel free to tell me to shut up, that way i can know where things actually stand. also not sure how the polls things work seeing as forums are kinda a dead art that not many people use anymore. expecally when you can just chat in things like discord. but ether way my vote is for transfers ether way

2. Syden Narccus

Syden Narccus New Member

Discord:
    Syden_narccus#4966
    As a side note, to be very clear i do not hold any contempt for you sip, you created a comunity i love and hold dear. I support alot of the things you've done in the past and will do so for a long time to come i'm sure but this is one i will the changes to ab so far are one choice i will stand against untill they are changed back or another ab server is opened up the way this one use to be, and my comments though harsh i'm sure are just me giving my most blunt and honest opinion.

P.S. i also dont like not having Drawing from containers for crafting D=<

Sipowicz likes this.
  3. Secret Asian

Secret Asian New Member Revenant Member

Secret option D

Sipowicz likes this.
  4. Sipowicz

Sipowicz Server Admin Staff Member Officer

Discord:
    Sipowicz#4700
    As much as I respect the opinions of our players, I can not sympathize with those who choose not to be a voice in this discussion thread. Especially those who would consider leaving our "Friendly, Hard working" community before taking part in the discussion that shapes the servers we play on. Despite the fact that forums have been used increasingly less for many tasks, its still the only viable way to hold this sort of discussion (Discord chat doesn't come close to cutting it). We also posted links referencing this discussion in Discord.

I absolutely DO want opinions from players, but that doesn't mean I want to keep beating a dead horse. With all things considered, aspects of this that wont change include
    • The fact that we droped "vE" from the Server tittle, and added rules to allow PvP on a PvP server.
      • We can keep making tweaks to dial the server in, but PvPvE is deader than gaming forums. SO im sorry but that will not come back.
    • I wouldn't have a problem running 10+ servers for ark so we could have all the modes and maps. Our current machine isn't big enough for that. So until our community grows larger (which will afford us more power), I want to limit us to 5 servers for ark (excluding temp, or Event maps)(We will be considering plans for an RP server which takes up that last slot). This give us flexibility to offer other games.
    I HAVE heard your concerns on the other issues, and regarding the large change to the PvP rules. As we continue on I will keep those in mind. Anyone else who has an opinion needs to understand that these forums are the only real representation of their wishes I have. If they don't post... I can't know. I can't make it any easier.

SQUID, DudeAwesome and Secret Asian like this.
  5. 0sprey

0sprey New Member

Discord:
    0sprey
    Resolution 5

Secret Asian and Sipowicz like this.
  6. Secret Asian

You're doing a great job Sip. Not a PvP player myself, but my tribemates and the community keeps me coming back

Night and Sipowicz like this.
  7. OP
    Night

Night Member Revenant Member

Discord:
    River#4132
    Of course... I voted, "to remain the same."

I think balance is integral to the success of any server. It's why I designed the loot structure to scale based on area difficulty. Since I can't edit posts, I will be sure my message is concise. When it comes to gaming communities, I strongly believe you get what you put in and contributing to a community through consumption only sustains it, and does not grow it. Sip, put it gently, it is not viable to maintain servers for 4-5 people.

Since the changes, we've seen 11 new players and time played grow. I see people like Reo, building cool and unique Trump walls. Hobo's turrets and structures going up and more Barbers then I knew existed. People have changed their building habits and build what they can defend. This is extremely important to maintain healthy real estate to peak interest in new players. You can look to your own Ragnarok Server for proof of that. Rag, sees on average, 4 new players per day and an average lower time played than Aberration. No one new, who joins the Rag server, stays. That server, will not grow outside of the small group because of clutter created by a PvE mindset.

If you were to ask Sip, how much I rack my brain about finding a good balance, he will tell you. Every single change to the settings and structure has been a discussion. Something I work very hard to do, always keeping the mindset and opinions of the current player base in mind; something I put stock in. But to measure my worth or opinion as member in this community, based on time played or days in, is foolhardy and insulting. It's concerning and paints the community as closed off and unwilling to accept new players.

This is an up hill battle because there was no wipe before these changes. Many will join this already small map; find monstrous Nerd Parade Lagoramma structures and immediately leave. That is the unfortunate cost to preserving the work people already put in. Not everyone here is going to be playing Ark 2 months from now.. 6... 12.. months from now and without a health flow of new players, land for them to claim as their own, the servers will eventually wipe or be transitioned into other games. I am not speaking for Sip, but that is the nature of game server management.

Going to find an error the second I hit post. I CAN EDIT ONCE MORE HUZZAH

Last edited: Jan 31, 2018
  8. Secret Asian

We are without number....the uncountable, the enigma at the end of the riddle...the pot od gold at the end of the rainbow....the dodo riding a unicorn...the unrelenting voice of chaos....!!!

9. Ryowatanabe201

Ryowatanabe201 New Member

Discord:
    Ryo_watanabe_201
    damn i didn't get to vote as i was working all day. but i would have voted "
    Allow items both ways (certain restrictions will be applied when/if available)"

DudeAwesome likes this.
  10. Secret Asian

You're vote is invalid!!

DudeAwesome likes this.
  11. Secret Asian

You're vote I'd invalid!!!

DudeAwesome likes this.
  12. Syden Narccus

Syden Narccus New Member

Discord:
    Syden_narccus#4966
    you know sip i can't argue with your logic on the people that want to keep their mouth shut over the topic, cause at the end of the day without them speaking up to back me up i could easily just be full of crap.But as for every thing else, the group i've talk with none of use knew this was even happening till the day after, and of the two people i've talked to that did know this was happening telling me this choice/ discussion was made between 4ish people. Now with that side, that can always be false but i only have what i'm giving to go off of. though off of that the fact of nights on and on about not changing things back for "4-5 people" is so funny seeing as that sounds to me like what decided to make the changes in the first place. And only going on the info i have been told which can always be wrong, wasn't there dont know. But as from my end of talking to people you have over 10ish people rather pissed off and some out right hurt of this "dead horse" as you put it but i know at least 8 people that didn't get a voice in this choice at all, me as one of them, and i'm sure you posted it in general chat on the discord, but you have to remember that is normally a rather busy thing with lots of text to scroll though, and i can say honestly after an 8-12 hour day i'm not oging to scroll though a days worth of talking, i'm going to hop into the game so i can spend time with my friends. with that, those will be my final words on the matter in this forum, if you wish to talk to me more about it for any reason i ask you to talk to me personally in discord cause honestly and this is just me, trying to talk here feels very impersonal and a poor way to communicate, but thats just me, i dont like forums feel like a waste of time all i can really say is next time something like this comes up... take a bit more time to make sure everyone gets a voice, not just a few people.

Peace out from the winter wolf

13. Sipowicz

Sipowicz Server Admin Staff Member Officer

Discord:
    Sipowicz#4700
    Im glad you get my point. Not sure what the rest of your post is going on about then.... but I fixed it for you!

:cool: