Aberration and PvP

Discussion in 'Ark' started by Night, Jan 19, 2018.

?

Aberration Item Transfer

Poll closed Jan 30, 2018.
  1. Allow items both ways (certain restrictions will be applied when/if available)

7 vote(s)
    87.5%
  2. Allow them only to Aberration (opposite from current setting)

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. Allow them only FROM Aberration (current setting)

1 vote(s)
    12.5%
  1. SQUID

SQUID New Member

I can get behind this mostly. Though I disagree with the no item transfer. As well some of the S+ changes. I dont think we need to change any of the s+ settings from the way they are currently on the server. Would actually love to see AA added to aberation with several of its engrams disabled.

Ark is fun, but its super monotonous, having to do 10 things to get to one thing when you dont really need to as it wouldn't take away from the game at all. Would just help tidy things up.

Night likes this.
  2. OP
    Night

Night Member Revenant Member

Discord:
    River#4132
    That setting would enable item transfer, but below setting reduced the range to 5 Foundations. Down form 25 so it would have be within the same room. With a 5x(8x) the amount of shoveling will increase as well as the amount of dinos player can tame, if those options aren't enabled players will mass tame and mass poop and it will be a shitty egg show.

3. SQUID

SQUID New Member

Was talking about server to server, not station to station

4. OP
    Night

Discord:
    River#4132
    Right, the idea, like The Volcano, it is still a PvP server and your migration to Ragnarok would only be to do bosses for the Tek. This option has to be open since Aberration does not have unlocks for the early tek tier. In fact if we were to go kill Rockwell Beta, we couldn't even craft the materials since it doens't unlock the Replicator or anything except the new stuff.

5. SQUID

SQUID New Member

But locking down the item transfers is pointless imo. There's no genuine reason someone cant utilize what they found on one server on the other. Nothing, regarding blueprints, is that game breaking now a days. Eggs have been solved, no? And building mats...i mean...you either grind them out on one map or the other, i think its fair to let people choose which map to grind on. IMO, the way this cluster is heading and the people currently here, open transfers wont be a real issue

6. OP
    Night

Discord:
    River#4132
    The reason why I added is because you can keep all your best patterns on Rag, craft the items, transfer them back. That completely remove part of the meta game of raiding, which is the reward. BPs are some most coveted items in ark.

7. SQUID

SQUID New Member

What do you mean craft the items and bring them back? If item transfer is off, then you wouldnt be able to transfer anything at all, right?
    Or did i misread something in your post

8. OP
    Night

Discord:
    River#4132
    Oh, I see. I should clarify. I meant you can only transfer items off of Aberration, not too.

9. SQUID

SQUID New Member

I guess that could work out, though I'm still in favor of open transfers.

Ryowatanabe201 likes this.
  10. OP
    Night

Discord:
    River#4132
    I made a small edit to the rates and tribe limit based on community feed back. The changes are in the OP. This is the FINAL FINAL Version of the Aberration Map Plan

11. DudeAwesome

DudeAwesome Member Revenant Member

Just thought I'd throw this out there. I've spoken with some of the Revenant Community and they seem to agree that no S+ forges and chem benches seem a little brutal. I mean not many players are thrilled to throw away 2500 metal just because of a bad obstruction with a wall (not fun).

The fridges and grills would be nice if they stayed S+, but not game breaker.

12. SQUID

SQUID New Member

Personally, I understand where it CAN be game breaking, but I don't think most of this community or the new players that stick around go for those exploits. So s+ is definitely a quality of life type of thing, that just improves the base game play, not necessarily vaulting me ahead of others, imo.

DudeAwesome likes this.
  13. DudeAwesome

Soooo.... since we have the new S+ collector in all of it's easy glory, how are we supposed to power it, since it requires propellant to run.

14. OP
    Night

Discord:
    River#4132

The server uses S+ Forge, Grills, and Chem benches now. Those were to remain the same. The only changes to S+ were in the change log.

PvP Settings:
    • DisableResourcePulling=false
    • ResourcePullRangeInFoundations=5
    • DefaultDoorConfig=2 (S+ doors default to manual)
    • Slot counts match Vanilla containers/stations
    S+ engrams Changes
    Enabled

• Gardner
    • Farmer
    • S+ Collector
    • TEK Generator Enabled
    Disabled
    • Grinder Engrams (Gem to Crystal)

15. reozataku

reozataku New Member

Hey all, I feel like the tribe Limit is... wrong. I get it is supposed to protect us from mega tribes showing up and killing us. They will show up and wipe us with or without the ability to all be in the same tribe. We are looking for growth, but we limit how many friends i can invite to my tribe? sure I can have 1 alliance, but where is the fun in that. I have made many friends since I have joined RGs ARK servers, and i want to be buddy buddy with all of them. I shouldn't have to turn my turrets off, set dinos off aggro just to have a friend pass through the base or pick up some items from me.
    Yeah.. yeah.. I know that I have a metal wall to rival the wall Trump wants to build, but that was built to keep people out. We are not looking to kill people and take their belongings. I feel now that since we built out of metal that we are a giant target for people who might want to cause some damage.(this feeling is causing us to have to bolster our defense even more so).

We are willing to try the new rules, but we want the ability to grow as a tribe.

DudeAwesome and Sipowicz like this.
  16. Sipowicz

Sipowicz Server Admin Staff Member Officer

Discord:
    Sipowicz#4700
    Thank you for giving this a shot!
    Having put SO much time into this game, we FULLY understand the issues being raised with these changes. I don't take them lightly.

As to your concerns Tribe member limit should be currently set to 6 players, A tribe can have up to 2 alliances, and an alliances can have up to 3 tribes. These adjustments can all be discussed further.

17. DudeAwesome

So, a lot of players have shown dislike in the fact of no transfer to Aberration from the Island and Ragnarok, including myself.

The PvP idea for Aberration was proposed to appease that PvP "itch" that alot of PvE'ers get over time, from the long extensive boring play of same ol' same ol', not to mention to bring growth to our community as a whole.
    Now, as my good old man has always told me, "When you walk into a room, 2% love you, 2% hate you and the other 96% couldn't care less." This same principal can be applied to the Ab server. PvE'ers have become uneasy and a bit angry, knowing that they could wake up the next morning with nothing left. This I believe will fix itself with time since I KNOW the people from Revenant are all here as friends who like to hang out with one another. Sure, feathers will be ruffled in the PvP, I mean it's PvP, and that fact is unavoidable.
    I'm optimistic in the community's acceptance of new gameplay.

Just my 2 cents.

But the reason I'm here is this, PvP is set up to flourish on the Ab server. Some simply don't want to participate in the PvP, and will only defend and no more. These peeps are going to be the PvE'ers more than likely, who want only to either, enjoy Ab in it's full glory, or get the end game content. I think if we allow those who have done all the boss fights and have done the grinding for the element, should be rewarded with bringing in some stuffs, eg. Transmitters (beacons are pains to catch on Aberration). Since the the Ab server is on higher rates, I don't see the harm in allowing transfers INTO the higher rate map, since the DLC of Aberration has been built around it being 100% open transfers to other maps.

SQUID, 0sprey and Sipowicz like this.
  18. Ryowatanabe201

Ryowatanabe201 New Member

Discord:
    Ryo_watanabe_201
    I have to agree with dude on this one, and this is not just me going against change, is going against all the time and effort i've put into this game.

Back on rag PVE i was brought into this community by my friend, he in fact was the one who got me into ark and finally convinced me to buy the game after he told me he found servers that are friendly. and that was enough to convince me, sadly after i started playing he had some issues and i was basically left alone in my tribe. so that being said here is where my input comes.

I spent days, if not weeks playing ark non stop. Some of the guys would even call it a night and then comeback next day and i would still be there breeding rexes, rex after rex after rex with no help because i had seen the TEK Items, i saw the wonders of them, and the one that i wanted so bad was the TEK transmiter. So i bred rexes day and night with no help. we all know that no matter how good the stats on your rexes are. if you wake up a bit too late they will starve. when i finally got into boss fights somehow i managed not to die, i had my ups and down. But, the feeling that you get when you finally defeat the bosses and unlock that sweet tek stuff... oh man i almost cried, because i felt like all of my hard work finally paid and i knew i could use these tek items freely between servers with no issues at all. which leads us to aberration. i think that allowing players to use something they have earned trough hard work is fair.

Having the ability to bring items (e.g) a TEK transmitter, a tek gen, tek troughs not only to make your live easier but to help others, having to walk a dino to a obelisk, which on aberration is damn near impossible or waiting for a drop which can actually take a couple hours is not fun. we have to keep in mind that the mindset of pvp and pve changes a bit. i strongly believe and know for a fact because i know pvp players that have said this to me, "pvp players don't do bosses" but myself and others as pve'ers thats all we want, breed for fun, mutations and boss fights. And lets be honest i love helping people. I take pride in doing so, so if someone goes, "i need help my ravager is stuck" and no adms are available, i have no issue in taking my TEK transmitter and let you upload that bastard and then download it back. i'm not admin but i don't see the harm in that.

Now aberration is a great map but having such boosted rates and this is my personal opinion , but it kinda makes me not want to play aberration anymore. why? well when all of the servers had the same rates you could not cheat your way into taming something in one server. taming is something you should feel proud of, finding that perfect 150 tame, and guarding it until you get that bastard tamed! but now is like meh. limit on alliances? Having a limited amount of tribe members and alliances is like telling people who you can be friends with. so i have to choose, thats not nice i want to be friend with everyone that's the idea of the community "friendly" i know the server should be balanced enough to keep both sides happy, but if you look at it a bit closer, is tipping a bit more pvp than anything else.

Again this is my input into this situation and i post this because we are not alone, discomfort is across the board with these changes but people somehow do not feel like saying anything or voicing their opinions because they feel they might be ignored.

Last edited: Jan 27, 2018
    SQUID, 0sprey, Sipowicz and 1 other person like this.
  19. OP
    Night

Discord:
    River#4132

Your Engrams from Rag carry over. If they aren't then that is something that should be looked at. That was the reason why Transfers to Rag from Abr. are open. If they don't have them on Rag, they won't have them on Abr. Or are you saying of you play on Rag, you should be given these engrams Abr. without doing the bosses just because? To allow one non-aberration Dino is to allow, including flyers. There is only one setting to restrict this and that is one that stops non-aberration dinos. Everyone keeps talking about how the changes to Aberration ruin the challenge, but they want open transfers. Besides Rockwell, terrain is the MAIN BOSS to Aberration. There seems to be a lot of hypocrisy towards the changes to Aberration and everyone wants to pick and choose what's best for them.

20. Sipowicz

Sipowicz Server Admin Staff Member Officer

Discord:
    Sipowicz#4700
    are we talking about just letting items in?

SQUID and DudeAwesome like this.